• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Let me put my prediction out there.  The TPE is going to be used to get us to 15.   We just need 15 warm bodies.    Let me describe the next player for you.

Salary = less than 7.3 Million. 

That's it.

Hell it can be a trade for 2 players.  Salaries less than 7.3 Million. 

Don't get me wrong, that can fetch us somebody useful..

Jonathan Kuminga.  GS needs to drop some salary. And instead of just not picking up his team option, they may get some second round picks out of us for him. 

I mentioned Franz Wagner...  simply because I am fearful of the truth of us going after Cole Anthony

Finny Smith and Royce Oneal make too much.. but Patty Mills is in our wheelhouse. 

Payton Pritchard is out there too. 

I just want to temper you with the truth.   The truth is that this was a salary dump.  We're not looking to take on too much salary... so get ready for us to get a JHoli/AHoli kind of pick up with the TPE.

Hawks are currently under the tax by $14 million. I anticipate them getting to just under. I'm under no illusions they're going to pay the tax...check my signature and avatar 😀

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Who are/were teams rumored to be interested in Capela?

Suns, Houston, Clippers, Dallas, NOP

@thecampster @Sothron @NBASupes

I gotta get an update but it was 8 teams last I checked. Dallas might still be in it but if they didn't want to give Hardy or Green, I don't see why Atlanta would trade with them 

• Thanks 1

NY was rumored to want to pick our roster dry. Some writer proposed DH for Hartenstein and Toppin + pick.  I had to think about it. I wasn't against it. Wasn't chompin.  I could see them wanting Clint as well.

I'd prefer not to weigh in on "who" wanted "who" because there was so much talk and its hard to determine what was serious and what was leverage.

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Who are/were teams rumored to be interested in Capela?

Suns, Houston, Clippers, Dallas, NOP

@thecampster @Sothron @NBASupes

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

The New Orleans Pelicans have put Jonas Valanciunas on the trade block, sources tell Jake Fischer of Yahoo Sports.

The Pelicans are searching for a more mobile, rim-protecting big.

Valanciunas is on an expiring contract after signing a two-year, $33.1 million extension in October 2021. Valanciunas went on record in late May indicating he would like to sign another extension with the Pelicans.

Valanciunas is represented by Mitch Nathan and Drew Morrison of CAA.

The Pelicans have reached out to the Cleveland Cavaliers on Jarrett Allen.

10 minutes ago, thecampster said:

NY was rumored to want to pick our roster dry. Some writer proposed DH for Hartenstein and Toppin + pick.  I had to think about it. I wasn't against it. Wasn't chompin.  I could see them wanting Clint as well.

I'd prefer not to weigh in on "who" wanted "who" because there was so much talk and its hard to determine what was serious and what was leverage.

That's a terrible deal. Toppin is expiring and how many expiring contracts we got with money coming

Bey

Murray

And Okongwu

This is a rape deal for the Knicks. 

Ya'll gotta stop Hunter deals unless they get us a better big wing or Gobert who can make the need for a big wing not that big. 

But trading a big wing will kill us more than trading Kevin and taking him out of the starting lineup for shooting.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jdawgflow said:

Did any of our insiders get any indication that the Collins trade was going to happen?

I think all of us said he will be traded. I think it was the national insiders who was telling us about Utah for over a week till it happened. 

4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Some don't want to hear this but KAT to Atl talks are going on as well. Confirmed by Twolf source and one Hawks source.

I would love it if it happens. But last I heard, A-Rod and their other owner saw KAT and Anthony as their franchise and spoke highly of Gobert value and that he's still wanted around the league but it sounded like they were moved on which is how we sound when we spoke about JC.

My preference is always KAT. As I said in the JC conundrum thread, if you are going to get rid of Capela, you gotta replace his main offensive strengths with someone else who can do it just as well. KAT does that. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I would love it if it happens. But last I heard, A-Rod and their other owner saw KAT and Anthony as their franchise and spoke highly of Gobert value and that he's still wanted around the league but it sounded like they were moved on which is how we sound when we spoke about JC.

They won't move Gobert due to sunk cost fallacy. I would give them credit if they did though.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

They won't move Gobert due to sunk cost fallacy. I would give them credit if they did though.

That doesn't seem to be the case but we will see. I hope we get KAT. I think he would solve a lot of our issues 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, JustSomeGuy said:

Everyone misses the point about the LT. It’s not about paying just to pay, Ressler has said continually that he would be willing to pay under the “right”’conditions. For the right team. 

Paying the LT for a non championship team is stupid and wasteful. 

There never going to be right lol

19 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Some don't want to hear this but KAT to Atl talks are going on as well. Confirmed by Twolf source and one Hawks source.

"Some"?  Is that why my ears are ringing?

You secretly hate me, soth.  I don't even need sources to confirm that. 😥

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Yes, I was told Collins would be traded before the end of the season. All of us said Collins would be gone. We also said its likely at least two of three front court starters would be traded. 

As of my typing this several teams are trying to get Capela and/or Hunter. There's a definite "Atlanta is cleaning house" vibe as confirmed by my Twolf source.

I guess my question was more related to if you heard anything about this specific trade or did it come together really quick?