• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Seriously, this is a salary dump. Salary matching vets and a draft pick. There you go. 

The issue is it is not a salary dump for them this year. Minnesota is well below the tax, in fact, they are near the bottom of the league. They can ride this year out if they think they have a chance at competing.  Success for Minnesota is a competitive second round appearance. They are in good shape this year. So it is not quite a salary dump now. Next year it will be though. The year after that they will have to add first round picks to get rid of that contract. For us though, all we really care about is the next two years. If we can get KAT and we think that will make us a contender, we have to sacrifice. If we are not good after two years, we will have to blow it up anyway. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Sothron said:

checked some messages while I am laid up in bed recovering. Siakam is who we really want but that's probably not going to happen. KAT to ATL has been basically agreed to but it is the 3rd/4th teams that are hanging things up. I was told one of the Twolf owners was talked out of nixing this deal outright(both myself and @NBASupes have mentioned this possibility more than once) and that KAT's value is about to seriously decline because of his contract. 

2nd apron fear is real. Don't even think of it as a 2nd apron in LT. Think of it as a hard cap which is what it really is. Minnesota simply cannot afford to keep him on the roster. Atlanta has outbid the Mavs for KAT. The only question is which young guy is moved with Bey in the deal.

Again was told to expect something mostly from the Rudy gay situation in the JC trade to resolve this one way or the other.

Not really? We can still move Capela or Bogi together or in a separate deal to make things work. We have the KAT main details agreed upon it is the 3rd/4th teams that are the hold up. 

The reason I say that is because they are going to want a young point guard back in the deal and I think Kevin PorterJr. Fits the bill. Houston still wants Clint. Bey, KPJ, some of John’s trade exception, and Houston’s 1st will seal the deal. Maybe we throw in a pick swap. I guess they can do that deal separately but why when they can just combine it.  I think this two young guys from Houston would go to Minnesota too. They need depth. 

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

They fired funny, interesting, insightful Jeff Van Gundy, but kept boring as watching paint dry Doris Burke. 

Probably salary related.. lol

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

They fired funny, interesting, insightful Jeff Van Gundy, but kept boring as watching paint dry Doris Burke. 

I’d like to take you off my ignore list if that’s ok with you. 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

I had to turn the channel 

Haha, welcome to the official BSPN hate society.   I have to listen to all games on mute on that channel. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, theheroatl said:

I got some insider news to break 

He was let go! :cray:. Last year Ryan Cameron, now Sir Foster!

3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I had to turn the channel 

Your mute button should be on 'permanent' when forced to watch BSPN.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

A lot of people think the league requested JVG's dismissal because he took shots at the refs and wasn't scared to criticize the league.

Wouldn’t surprise me with this panty wearing commissioner 

• Like 1