• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

He's a champ,which means more than a one-off analytical comparison.  Siakim has wilted in the playoffsas has Towns.  So we're forced to thinslice stuff like this on those guys. 

I was speaking generally.  I get your point, though.  It is easy to see Giannis’ impact on the court.  I was in no way diminishing his value.

• Thanks 1

For those of you wondering why the siakam deal has yet to take place… his agent is weary that Tony will pay siakam when he’s due for an extension. The whole reporting that siakam wants to stay is fully money related. They want the money and they don’t think our ownership group will pay. 

we can’t immediately sign him to his 4 year max and they are scared if things don’t start how they should Tony will balk at the contract. The framework is done involving ATL, Dallas, Toronto 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Is also a champ.. :ph34r:

Just sayin.. both Giannis and Siakam have one.

-Angels advocate 

As the lead guy?  Nah, there's a huge difference imho.  You're right tho, angel.  Can we call you 'Angel'? 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Mikey said:

For those of you wondering why the siakam deal has yet to take place… his agent is weary that Tony will pay siakam when he’s due for an extension. The whole reporting that siakam wants to stay is fully money related. They want the money and they don’t think our ownership group will pay. 

we can’t immediately sign him to his 4 year max and they are scared if things don’t start how they should Tony will balk at the contract. The framework is done involving ATL, Dallas, Toronto 

That makes sense.

Coming here without a new contract and becoming possibly a 3rd option on this team means lesser stats and such.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Mikey said:

What’s your sauces

• Haha 2

IMO

Christian Wood will be the steal of FA. The max he can get from any team, including the Mavs, is 12.4M per bc no one can offer more than that. In spite of his faults, he is instant buckets, especially if he’s played off the bench. He’s also a security blanket if a trade for a PF falls through or if JJ proves he isn’t ready. He will probably end up signing for a lot less, but I wouldn’t hesitate to offer the full MLE for a multi-year deal. Even at 12.4M this year, he’s a steal, but if we signed him to a 3 or 4 year deal at that amount, come 26-27, when the cap is 171M and the Super Tax is 229M, that 12.4 per looks like absolute pennies. It will also prove that we aren’t afraid of the tax, in case someone (Siakam) is concerned about our owners willingness to pay. He is much more talented than his contracts have been. We should pounce on this immediately.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Megaloxali said:

IMO

Christian Wood will be the steal of FA. The max he can get from any team, including the Mavs, is 12.4M per bc no one can offer more than that. In spite of his faults, he is instant buckets, especially if he’s played off the bench. He’s also a security blanket if a trade for a PF falls through or if JJ proves he isn’t ready. He will probably end up signing for a lot less, but I wouldn’t hesitate to offer the full MLE for a multi-year deal. Even at 12.4M this year, he’s a steal, but if we signed him to a 3 or 4 year deal at that amount, come 26-27, when the cap is 171M and the Super Tax is 229M, that 12.4 per looks like absolute pennies. It will also prove that we aren’t afraid of the tax, in case someone (Siakam) is concerned about our owners willingness to pay. He is much more talented than his contracts have been. We should pounce on this immediately.

Wood is talented offensively but theres a reason teams keep passing him around. Pass. 

Edited by Marvin24Williams
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

As the lead guy?  Nah, there's a huge difference imho.  You're right tho, angel.  Can we call you 'Angel'? 

That’s awfully close to De’Anhello Russ :er: I’m not sure I wanna be associated with that dude.. it’s like being a Sextoy (on) fan. :batman:

7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Indeed.

Told you we burners 🔥 :ph34r:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Indeed.

No disrespect intended to those who want him, but sometimes folks gotta believe people when they tell you who they are.  He's not bouncing from team to team for 'good' reasons. 

This! Initially cagey scouted Wood when he was coming up with the Pels.. he played his way with effort and desire to stay in the league, he’s happy where he is and he is also a black hole 🕳️ when you pass him the rock 🪨. No, no wood 🪵

I DISAGREE WITH KRAMER AND JERRY!!! #Woodsucks #Woodyou? :er:

image.gif.105d54e571961beb5d398d62a8502dae.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Jokic shines no matter how you crunch the numbers. He's well on his way to becoming an all time great. 

I love him. I love him and Giannis. Ya, Jokic already a hall of famer if he stops playing today.

• Like 1

Indeed.

No disrespect intended to those who want him, but sometimes folks gotta believe people when they tell you who they are.  He's not bouncing from team to team for 'good' reasons. 

I mean, I get it. I’m not entirely sure he’s EVER been put in a position to succeed, however. He’s never played with a true Center and, more often than not, was forced to play the 5. He excels at the 4 and puts up numbers better than Collins across the board, for half or less of the cost. He’s only ever played for teams that didn’t compete and were dysfunctional, including the Mavs. He’s hasn’t played for a contender since he broke out, and that was late for an NBA player at 24. He signed a short contract with Houston, who he did extremely well for, even playing out of position, and then HOU decided to rebuild. The Mavs gave up quite a bit to get him, and that was just a year ago. I’m sure Wood is holding out for a credible offer from a contender. I’m just saying, the dude is talented, and I feel like he might be a bit misjudged, at this point. 

• Premium Member

https://marcstein.substack.com/p/the-latest-im-hearing-on-nba-trade

"I nonetheless came away from my time at summer league in Las Vegas with the distinct impression that the Raptors are still exploring another move. Maybe even two."

-via Marc Stein

•  
  •  
  •  
"Siakam has continued to signal an unwillingness to sign an extension with any team that trades for him."

- via Marc Stein
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

https://marcstein.substack.com/p/the-latest-im-hearing-on-nba-trade

"I nonetheless came away from my time at summer league in Las Vegas with the distinct impression that the Raptors are still exploring another move. Maybe even two."

-via Marc Stein

•  
  •  
  •  
"Siakam has continued to signal an unwillingness to sign an extension with any team that trades for him."

- via Marc Stein

Siakam should be worried yes tony won't pay if your not worth it and u ain't worth that max contract , your 29 man u got a chip, it's gonna be hard to get that contract the way u want it regardless 

• Like 4