• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

https://marcstein.substack.com/p/the-latest-im-hearing-on-nba-trade

"I nonetheless came away from my time at summer league in Las Vegas with the distinct impression that the Raptors are still exploring another move. Maybe even two."

-via Marc Stein

•  
  •  
  •  
"Siakam has continued to signal an unwillingness to sign an extension with any team that trades for him."

- via Marc Stein

This is a dramedy. It needs a conclusion because we’ve seen the same story running over and over for 3 weeks.

• Like 2

I am agin it!  I don't like the idea of giving away half of our young team for a player who has no desire to be here, wants to be paid as a super allstar which he doesn't, in my opinion, deserve.

I'm highly prejeduce (spelling) but, personally, I wouldn't trade, even, Jalen Johnson for Siakam.  I don't believe that Siakam is any better than our own JJ.

Go ahead.  Send JJ, Bey, AJ , Hunter and all three current draft picks to Canada.  Send Capela off to the west so they can send one of their players to Canada.  I'm forgetting what else they want for a one season's rental.  When this deal goes down, it had better come with a guarantee that the Atlanta team wins the NBA championship while he's here!!

🥲

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

https://marcstein.substack.com/p/the-latest-im-hearing-on-nba-trade

"I nonetheless came away from my time at summer league in Las Vegas with the distinct impression that the Raptors are still exploring another move. Maybe even two."

-via Marc Stein

•  
  •  
  •  
"Siakam has continued to signal an unwillingness to sign an extension with any team that trades for him."

- via Marc Stein

@JayBirdHawk a word? :er: We release together or we don’t release at all. No room for individualism when it comes to the outsiders.. you wanna go your own way, that’s fine. :ph34r: @kg01 we need to talk about something regarding releasing..

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Here we go. Sorry, the outsiders were only allowed to release this when Stein did, I couldn’t before it, cagey could but since he was so against Pascal he didn’t want to.

with @kg01

The Atlanta Hawks reportedly have an "increased willingness" to trade big man Clint Capela, and the Dallas Mavericks may be a landing spot.

NBA insider Marc Stein suggested Capela could end up in Dallas as part of a three-team deal that would unfold around Pascal Siakam. In such a scenario, the Mavericks could be a third team in a trade that sent Siakam to the Hawks by taking Capela since "the Raptors would appear to have little need for a pricey center after re-signing Jakob Poeltl this month to a four-year deal."

This isn't the first time Dallas has been connected to Capela.

🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 outsiders delivering again 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

This is so nonsensical lol… so if hes traded hes going to do what after a year? Retire? The only team he wants to play for is the Raptors?  If that’s the case, take your discount and sign an extension.  This is such an illogical falsehood to throw out there — its virtually impossible for it to be true.

Agreed. This is one looney situation. The news leaks on this one have been contradictions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

It's a big game of chess. He's trying to make it harder for Toronto to trade him. Toronto is basically saying, "take a discount or we will trade you." And team Siakam is trying to undermine their leverage. Usually once things get this ugly, a trade ultimately happens, but who knows. 

This is like an episode of Saved by the Bell where Jesse wants to date Zack (Siakim wants TOR), but Zack wants to go steady with Kelly.  But Jesse stay thirsty for Zack on social.

🤓

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

This is like an episode of Saved by the Bell where Jesse wants to date Zack (Siakim wants TOR), but Zack wants to go steady with Kelly.  But Jesse stay thirsty for Zack on social.

🤓

Where does Siakam’s training facility in Orlando and somehow that fitting into he likes Orlando over Atlanta fit in? Lisa Turtle 🐢?

Nevermind, Screech! That fcker is all Orlando.

• Haha 2

Speaking of the Magic,

Why are they so stupid? I mean they always picked weird a$$ players from Fran Vasquez to Jonathan Isaac, to Mario Hezonia.. they finally got it right and drafted Domantas one year and immediately flipped him to the Thunder 😂.. Mo Bamba..

Seriously why are they so dumb.. Chuma Okeke and Jalen suggs. Man, that’s some great A $hitty drafting right there. 

Wow, I’m thankful to be a Hawks fan. Wow.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, kg01 said:

Assuming this is accurate, interesting stuff w.r.t. the Siakim pursuit.  As in, it makes the pursuit pretty nonsensical....

image.thumb.png.b800c84d07d667000e4285b3111cdd7e.png

Folks will key on Trae but the point is we're trying to alleviate the reliance on him for 4th qtr scoring.  Siakim doesn't seem to do that. 

Can't make that determination until he actually plays with Trae.  And if the theory of Quin being the coach will elevate the play of our kids, wouldn't the same hold true for our star players, including if Siakam came on board?

It's about getting the main guys the ball in the right spots.  With Dejounte and Trae at the guard, maybe that means Siakam gets more post touches in crunch time, instead of being the primary ball handler at the top of the key, looking to create his own shot.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Just checked on the Canadian board.  Some of them want Siakam traded.  I found one poster's idea interesting:

Atlanta sends them Jalen Johnson, AJ Griffin, Kobe Bufkin and two first round draft picks for Siakam.

:ahf:

That doesn't even close to work salary wise.

• Thanks 2