• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

6 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Everyone who is a parent understands this and will agree that this is true:

When you have small children playing in a room and making a racket, you just go ahead with whatever you are doing in another room.  However, if that room becomes very quiet, you know to drop whatever you are doing and check on the children.   There is probably something going on.

HINT !!

Sothron says that everything is very quiet right now!

:smug:

Classic Gramps. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:
The talks concerning Pascal Siakam focussed on the second or third picks with Charlotte and Portland were real, if not ever close to yielding a deal. And if Siakam’s camp leaked the distaste for signing an extension to Chris Haynes of Bleacher Report, it was as much the junior varsity version of Damian Lillard’s agent, Aaron Goodwin, trying to get his client to a preferred location as it was about Siakam’s affinity for Toronto — which is very real, by the way. In the modern NBA, that is part of an agent’s job.

Also at the same time, an agent needs to read the room lol. Siakam has the amateur hour agents.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Yeah, you're not gonna like it tho.  

Like I said, I don’t know what the heck I’ve been thinking, why didn’t anyone point out I’m gonna lose a boy 👦 OO or AJ? I mean..

Unless it’s Capela, Hunter and 1st or 2nd rounds going out, Raps are gonna take a young dude and more than likely it’s between OO and AJ ( I part with neither) OR JJ.. and here is where @kg01 the outsider and I have war room hashed it out to no avail… I would part with JJ in a reasonable trade package 📦 for Siakam.

EX: Capela (to Dallas or another); Hunter and JJ and a 1st to the Raps for : A RESIGNED SIAKAM.

Kg, wouldn’t and won’t sign off on it. 

You could say, @kg01 boy 👦 is JJ.

My only thing, get a big three together and have Trae be content about the roster and happy. As a franchise, we can’t afford to lose Trae, he needs to be the face of the Hawks for the next decade plus, good things will happen, keep the man happy..

If it means parting with JJ to ultimately land a resigned Siakam, I would.

Reports are Siakam won’t resign, if that’s the case, the package gets significantly lowered.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, thecampster said:

A whole lot of "mark the tape" moments in these conversations.

I will be keeping receipts on folks who were all in on trading folks and publicly admonishing them when those folks blow up.

My receipt 🧾.. JJ.. unless we make a move he needs to take a few steps up for us to succeed. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, nbatalk07 said:

Whats making this a tough trade is Toronto doesn't want capela or hunter. So making the money work is hard without 3 or 4 teams agreeing on all the terms. I think it's still possible but very skeptical it happens

True.  The 'match' here isn't straightforward.  A value proposition for us, if we cave and trade one of our youngs, is avoiding having to pay them soon - thinking JJ, in particular.   Shout out @JayBirdHawk for pointing that out.

But that raises the same issue for TOR.  Unlikely they'd wanna pay him either, which is why AJ is the prize for them.

Long story long, the outsiders are cool on this deal. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Phunkabilly said:

OO is ready for the starting role right now and I think he'll be one of the top 10 centers in the league by the end of the year.  .

🤨    

OO and AJ imo will not and should not be included on any trade. 

JJ Bufkin Hunter and Capela are it. They can be used. 

JJ, while athletic, doesn’t have as many skills as you would need for a starting 3-4. Maybe 3 and D but needs better 3 shooting.

JJ is just really a worse shooting, more aggressive Dre. I don’t trust his handles just like I don’t trust Dre’s handles even in year 5.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1