• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, timebomb said:

The Hawks most important decision should be to improve the team not get under the LT. Now if they can’t make a deal that works to make the team better then it doesn’t happen but if the main goal was to get under the tax and then not use their exceptions then Trae who is a competitor who wants to win should start thinking about asking for a trade himself. I’m holding out hope that if they can get Siakam then ownership will say now go out and use your MLE and whatever else and make the team as competitive as possible. 

2 years in a row we've trade 'talent' to get under the tax.

Speaking of the MLE, who are you interested in getting for that...it's slim pickings and most of the remaining FAs aren't worth it.

Ayo and Hernandez have been signed.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/10082098-ranking-the-top-2023-nba-free-agents-still-available.amp.html

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, timebomb said:

The Hawks most important decision should be to improve the team not get under the LT. Now if they can’t make a deal that works to make the team better then it doesn’t happen but if the main goal was to get under the tax and then not use their exceptions then Trae who is a competitor who wants to win should start thinking about asking for a trade himself. I’m holding out hope that if they can get Siakam then ownership will say now go out and use your MLE and whatever else and make the team as competitive as possible. 

Actually, the Hawks have to plan for the future.   This is the reason why i can hold my nose and accept the JC and Kevin trades.   However, I am very concerned with the Hunter extension.   Even though it's a value deal, I don't know if anybody would take him.  We're essentially stuck with the hot potato.  Moreover, in thinking about the future, I don't think Siakam is enough of a difference maker to bet our whole future on him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, timebomb said:

If we keep the kids on this roster, give them meaningful playing time so that we can make a proper evaluation on all of them . . . quickly.  Our window of opportunity could rapidly slam right in our face, if we're waiting on 20 and 22 year olds to develop into star talents.

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If we keep the kids on this roster, give them meaningful playing time so that we can make a proper evaluation on all of them . . . quickly.  Our window of opportunity could rapidly slam right in our face, if we're waiting on 20 and 22 year olds to develop into star talents.

That's what Quin is for...  He will play the young guns...I wouldn't be surprised to see JJ and AJ play as many minutes as Hunter and Bey if all things remain the same. 

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Diesel said:

Actually, the Hawks have to plan for the future.   This is the reason why i can hold my nose and accept the JC and Kevin trades.   However, I am very concerned with the Hunter extension.   Even though it's a value deal, I don't know if anybody would take him.  We're essentially stuck with the hot potato.  Moreover, in thinking about the future, I don't think Siakam is enough of a difference maker to bet our whole future on him. 

Hunter's value is low right now.  It's likely to be much higher after this year.  I'm thinking he's a system guy and will excel with Quin better than he did in a pass, dribble, shoot scheme.  

• Like 4

5 hours ago, kg01 said:

What the?

@Spud2nique, quick, get tha lawyers on the line!  @shakes, clear your meager schedule.  You'll be taking this copyright infringement case pro bono!

😂 I mean BSPN is understandable they blow and everyone knows it, but Google? Aren’t they like the godfather? 😐  Comon Google, you’re better than that!!! 

Wonder how many people spilt milk 🥛 out their mouth when they saw that! 😯 

Who told Google? What did they tell them? This is a job for the insiders! @Sothron @thecampster @NBASupes sounds like a job for y’all!!!

image.gif.9774ca19a06ca367127ae1c7de7bcae9.gif

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Hunter's value is low right now.  It's likely to be much higher after this year.  I'm thinking he's a system guy and will excel with Quin better than he did in a pass, dribble, shoot scheme.  

Well, Hunter is no Mikal Bridges and he is no Kawhi Leonard.   The problem with Hunter is that he's too unimpactful in many places.   That's something that scheme independent.   When other teams look at Hunter, they have to pose the question...  What could he do for us?  Ultimately, you would get a guy like Trey Murphy.. a guy who shouldn't be able to hold Hunter's boots.. and you have 29 out of 30 GMs saying, give me that guy instead of Hunter.

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Latest from the 'Dans:

They are still 👀.....:laugh1:

Screenshot_20230809_160002_Samsung Internet.jpg

So let me get this straight.....Hawks apparently offered Hunter, Griffin, and draft compensation and talks have stalled because Masai keeps asking for more, more, more...... here's the latest 'MORE' from this Rap fans:

Screenshot_20230809_155655_Samsung Internet.jpg

CC, Hunter, AJ, Bufkin and 2 1sts?????  Just Wow!

Not interested in helping Dallas relieving themselves of THJr and giving them Capela to send 'more' to Raptors for an expiring player.

Young as in Trae Young???

Hell-no GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Thad Young, iiuc.  But I love the passion, dies-o. 

Ahight...  Yeah.. they got me on that one...   I thought this was some heat fanboy's wetdream or something.   I'll have to reexamine after I calm back down.

BTW... Didn't Thad Young play with Iverson in Philly?

Damn that dude is old.  He and Jeff Green must have found the fountain of youth together. 

AJ Griffin is too much!  The more I see of this proposed trade the less I like it.  Remember, this is a one season rental of a player who has already told us that he doesn't want to be a Hawk.

If he came with a guarantee that he would carry us far into the playoffs and stay here, then maybe.  Everyone who is not a real Hawk fan rates all of our players too low.  

:smug:

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

I don't take it for granted that he wouldn't want to resign since I think things will change significantly for him once he is traded.  But since he is an expiring free agent with a stated desire not to resign as of right now the price needs to reflect him as a 1 year rental.  And Siakam is a very good player but he is no Kawhi Leonard.  The price needs to be a lot cheaper than that.

Exactly this.

They think he's this talent level and will command alot for a guy they seem to have zero interest in resigning and on a 1 year deal. He wants to stay, Toronto doesn't want him.

I think they need to adjust their expectations.

• Like 1