• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

24 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This Toronto Podcaster pretty much laid out Toronto's difficulty in the Pascal kerfuffle. Things we've discussed ad nauseum.

This is the most level headed take I’ve heard this entire time. Why can’t all dans be like this.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This Toronto Podcaster pretty much laid out Toronto's difficulty in the Pascal kerfuffle. Things we've discussed ad nauseum.

After listening to this guy, Damn.... the trade may go through.   I just pray we sub in Bufkin for AJ. 

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
59 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Calling all insiders, outsiders, upsides, downsides, sidesiders.....is there any truth to the rumor that Shams has a sister that works for the Hawks media dept????

It's a 'Dan so....c'mon you internet sleuths. 

Screenshot_20230809_230451_Gallery.jpg

Well, he does have a sister. 

• Haha 3

hace 5 horas, Diesel dijo:

After listening to this guy, Damn.... the trade may go through.   I just pray we sub in Bufkin for AJ. 

image.png

I would do that trade IF Siakam signs the extension. Capela, Hunter and Bufkin for Siakam and Lively, I am fine with that, is a risk for the Hawks but I think is worth. If we need to include AJ on the deal is a NO for me

7 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Calling all insiders, outsiders, upsides, downsides, sidesiders.....is there any truth to the rumor that Shams has a sister that works for the Hawks media dept????

It's a 'Dan so....c'mon you internet sleuths. 

Screenshot_20230809_230451_Gallery.jpg

If it was stated on a message board, it's true

• Haha 2

i_f4_ac_77_pascal-siakam.png?w=190

Are you hearing anything about teams afraid of trading with the Raptors due to the fear of being fleeced? Or is that just a narrative that is being put out there by fans? — Varman N. Eric Koreen: No. The Raptors’ last two significant trades, both with the Spurs, were won by the Spurs, according to consensus. When there are reports about dealing with the Raptors’ front office, the usual comment is they are a hard group to pin down. Shams Charania’s latest report about talks centred on Siakam with the Atlanta Hawks square with that idea. Again, my opinion is that the Raptors are a patient — sometimes an overly patient — front office that prizes stability. Until they are absolutely sure they want to change paths, they aren’t making a significant move unless they think the value coming back would represent a decisive win in the transaction.

9 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Uh huh you wish. Not dead. ALIIIIIVVVEEE!!!

Ded! 

22 minutes ago, thecampster said:

People on this board have asked why we say "we can't talk about that yet" or "I'm allowed to say".  This nonsense with Siakam is a perfect example of why teams hate leaks. Think of all the names linked to the Siakam deal and all of the make nice the teams are having to do with the players involved. No one wants to play in Canada. If you were Clint, Hunter, Griffin, etc....how would you feel right now knowing your team was planning on moving you to Canada without your consent?

and I blame the Hawks here. The whole Siakam thing was a fall back plan/leverage plan in the KAT negotiations. They should have been tighter in all of it.

Heh if I'm Landry, I send everybody some craft maple syrup as a gag gift along with my 'sorry I (didnt) almost trade ya' greeting card.

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, thecampster said:

People on this board have asked why we say "we can't talk about that yet" or "I'm allowed to say".  This nonsense with Siakam is a perfect example of why teams hate leaks. Think of all the names linked to the Siakam deal and all of the make nice the teams are having to do with the players involved. No one wants to play in Canada. If you were Clint, Hunter, Griffin, etc....how would you feel right now knowing your team was planning on moving you to Canada without your consent?

and I blame the Hawks here. The whole Siakam thing was a fall back plan/leverage plan in the KAT negotiations. They should have been tighter in all of it.

Please stay away from KAT.  That just sounds like a headlines move.  If this is true, we are likely waiting for Bogi to be trade eligible. 

Edited by Hawkish