• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, shakes said:

just to piss off @kg01 what would a realistic trade for Embiid look like assuming it doesn't include Trae?

Let's talk realistic and not homerific.

image.png

I think this is what we would have.

We'd have a starting 5 of  Embiid, JJ, Hunter, Bogi, and Trae. 

We'd be interesting and we're pray that Embiid or Trae doesn't get hurt. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Not to me.   But this isn't AD either and I don't know if anyone's noticed but not that many teams have even been linked to Siakam.  I think the reason he hasn't been traded already is that there aren't any great offers out there.  Sure he's better than JC but he's also older, about to demand a big payday and coming off some bad seasons for his team.  We had to give JC away.  I just don't think they can get that much for Siakam.   (now i'll admit i'm almost always wrong about what guys will fetch in trade).  

I was talking Embiid.

• Confused 1

• Premium Member
On 8/15/2023 at 5:32 PM, NBASupes said:

I am back for a reason. 

The Hawks primary target is not on the market but the buzz is his agent is putting out feelers. 

The Hawks are one of the primary teams that want him. 

That player is no other than Joel Embiid. The rumor is the cost isn't out there but it will be extremely expensive. I am told maybe too expensive for most teams. 

I don't believe you can land JoJo without your team being destroyed. Philly is planning on playing through it is what's being said behind the scenes but you know the pressure NBA players can put on NBA teams. 

It's going to be unique. I am told, Atlanta is extremely interested. I am told other teams are interested. JoJo will have a lot of impact where he goes which is ultimately the big issue when it comes to trades and getting the value they want. I've said it before, this trade will be more expensive than the AD trade. 

I don't believe Philly will trade Embiid.  He's putting butts in seats regardless of their standing.  Philly doesn't own a bunch of their own future firsts already, so trading him to rebuild doesn't really make that much sense, unless they get a superstar player back.  They have a coaching problem, not a talent problem.

Secondly, I doubt he'd be more expensive than AD.  The CBA has changed, and teams are not lining up to send away all their young talent and picks for superstars anymore.  If I was Philly, I'd be TRYING to sell Embiid after his MVP year.  He's a flawed player with a motor that cannot sustain into the 4th quarter of playoff games, and he has a really whiny/pouty attitude as soon as adversity hits him in the face.  He doesn't make his teammates better (blames them for losses, rather), and he is injury prone going into his 30s.  Pass pass pass.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
42 minutes ago, thecampster said:

You can believe it. This is all related to the DH stuff I posted end of season with him and Quin trying to coach him up. Everyone has been given orders for what to work on. Many of the guys have been using team supplied private coaching to work on areas of their game to better fit them into the new system.

I'm so hyped for next season.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

They might not have a choice but to consider it. It's unlikely they go through with it and the price tag is going to be most ever. I was told, no one can afford the price tag recently. 

As for those who want to know if the Hawks will make a major move before the season. I was told no, they are sticking with what they got about over a month ago. 

Things could change in December or January. That said, the progress reports are back and people within are saying everyone is making major improvements this offseason. Shooting being the biggest focus. Even got Intel that Capela is working on his shot and off ball shooting. 

I'm not disappointed at all.  There is a big part of me that wants to see what Quin can do with this team.  I'm also excited to hear that we understand the need to shoot the ball well.  I'm particularly keen on seeing improvement from DJM in this area...especially if we're not bringing shooters in.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

They might not have a choice but to consider it. It's unlikely they go through with it and the price tag is going to be most ever. I was told, no one can afford the price tag recently. 

If no one can afford it, then that would mean he won’t be traded just like @JeffS17 speculates. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
22 hours ago, bird_dirt said:

If no one can afford it, then that would mean he won’t be traded just like @JeffS17 speculates. 

Yep.

Unless Emiid is throwing a tantrum asking out, they should be able to rebuild the team around Embiid (he has 2+1 years left after this season) next offseason.

Harden and Tobias will be off the books, that's $75 million. Maxey will be due an extension. Other than that, they'll have FAcy money to use. They can sign Siakam or OG.

3 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Are the Hawks working on extensions for OO and Bey?  Rather quite on that front this summer.  Any updates?

@thecampster @NBASupes

Yes?  Not really sure. Its never been mentioned to me.  My assumption is yes but since neither has secured a starters position (yet), its not in their best interest to extend yet.