2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

Risacher is probably my #2 to Sarr.  6’ 10” with legit shooting upside.  Three and D wing archetype.  Probably not the defensive player Ron Holland is right now, but better shooter with a more projectable frame.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, skimaskway23 said:

What is your best case scenario with sarr?

Are there any redeemable qualities for you?

I believe he could be a special defender. His lateral quickness and his reactive style makes him this insane defender that I haven't seen yet in terms of versatility. He legit could lock down 1s. 7fts aren't suppose to do that. 

The issue with him is post defense due to size, drop coverage, and just typical big man shit. He's more Mo Bamba in those areas but if he's a 4 or the modern big wing prototype which I think he is. He's special. Just keep him away from teams like the Knicks who like to hit you with bigs who are physical and they can bully you. He would be perfect for a team like Golden State next to Draymond who can handle all the dirty work

Offensively, his upside isn't bad. It's good but he's just really far from it and needs to be developed like JJ was. Just work on everything and in time, you could be good but if he's rushed, man, that could be a problem for his mental. That's why hid bust rate is exceptionally high. 

• Like 2

I think Atlanta should Boston Celtics this one. Sarr is this draft Fultz's. Trade it to a team like Detroit for 5 and get future 1st or someone who can help next year like Ausar. 

11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Edwards is so much better than anyone in this class. Even if he was raw and ass, his metrics was off the charts. 

LeMelo fit the prototype of someone who can score, pass, and rebound and he showed it in Australia. Shooting was the question for Ball but he showed just enough upside that the downside wasn't that bad.

https://tankathon.com/players/lamelo-ball

Wiseman was a reach and I said it at the time. 

Hali was my #4 prospect. 

The only player I missed on in that class was Obi Toppin who was my #1 prospect. I missed on him just due to not seeing him against P5 comp. That was my biggest mistake and he didn't play in the NBA Combine so their was no way I could have gotten my answer without working for a NBA organization 

Sarr athlete metrics are nice but nothing overwhelming and his stats in Australia is meh. 

https://tankathon.com/players/alexandre-sarr

Edwards was basically John Wall as a prospect. An athlete juggernaut with size and length. Even if he sucked and was raw, his upside was off the charts. 

Sarr for a 7 footer is actually special. 

Edwards - You say this now, but in evaluating, we were discussing could he get to that even though you saw those traits.  It's basically the conversation we are having now about Sarr.  You are looking at your stats, I'm using my eye. 

I'm more of an eye test person.  I see someone play and I like it and then I'm all in.  That's what caused me to like Cam and Cam didn't work. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Risacher is probably my #2 to Sarr.  6’ 10” with legit shooting upside.  Three and D wing archetype.  Probably not the defensive player Ron Holland is right now, but better shooter with a more projectable frame.  

I don't think he'll be able to cover 2s, he's more of a SF/PF type like a poor man's Tatum imo. 

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I believe he could be a special defender. His lateral quickness and his reactive style makes him this insane defender that I haven't seen yet in terms of versatility. He legit could lock down 1s. 7fts aren't suppose to do that. 

The issue with him is post defense due to size, drop coverage, and just typical big man shit. He's more Mo Bamba in those areas but if he's a 4 or the modern big wing prototype which I think he is. He's special. Just keep him away from teams like the Knicks who like to hit you with bigs who are physical and they can bully you. He would be perfect for a team like Golden State next to Draymond who can handle all the dirty work

Offensively, his upside isn't bad. It's good but he's just really far from it and needs to be developed like JJ was. Just work on everything and in time, you could be good but if he's rushed, man, that could be a problem for his mental. That's why hid bust rate is exceptionally high. 

I know someone mentioned that some of the drop coverage issues may have been scheme/coaching related.  He does have to improve though. 

• Premium Member

Personally I'm not a huge fan of either Euro prospect this year. I'd rather have a player like Clingan at center, we really need someone who plays big down there, Sarr is not that guy. If we are talking five years into the future then yea maybe, but heck we should be just blowing this whole thing up if that's our plan and trying to load up on draft picks like we did when we drafted Trae. 

I think Sarr's timeline and Trae's timeline are just completely different. Rirschach I think is more polished and ready to step into an immediate role, but he doesn't really fit on this team with Hunter and JJ still on the team. 

27 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Do you think he fits better as a 5 next to Jalen or as a 4 next to onyeka?

You make fair points. He is t a slam dunk for us but we will have to see what happens through this process. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I think Atlanta should Boston Celtics this one. Sarr is this draft Fultz's. Trade it to a team like Detroit for 5 and get future 1st or someone who can help next year like Ausar. 

Supers,

This is like the five time you change your mind about this pick.  But it's hard when you don't have a true player that deserve to go number one.  I probably change my mind about 20 times before next week 🙂

16 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I was interested in Risacher, but the more I watched him play the less interested I became. He and Holland are two of my three biggest bust potential players. 

Bust candidates if selected in the top five of the draft:

1. Topic. Hands down bust. Too slow, poor shooter. 85% bust potential. 
2. Holland. I question whether he’ll develop offensively enough. 40% bust potential. 
3. Risacher. Good, not great. I don’t think he’ll be bad, I just doubt he’ll ever be good enough for someone you would pick in the top 3 or 5 of a draft. I can see a Dante Exam career potential. 25% bust potential. 
4. Dillingham. He’s good, but IDK if he will be great. I don’t think you want him as a PG and I think he’s more of an undersized SG. Quickly or a sixth man microwave off the bench ceiling. 20% bust potential. 

All these players are fine to take at the right spot, but if they’re taken in the top five, I think their teams will be disappointed. Maybe that’s just the nature of this draft though. 

I would take Sarr, Castle, Clingan, and maybe Sheppard, Buzelis and Cody Williams before any of the above players. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Yuck. Ausar is not that enticing and I definitely don’t want to rely on getting a high pick from Detroit. 😂

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We need to move up to 2  so we have the 1 and 2

3 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

Yuck. Ausar is not that enticing and I definitely don’t want to rely on getting a high pick from Detroit. 😂

Ausar is basically a more offensively talented Sarr but at a position we need more. Whereas Sarr is a position of need for Detroit at the 4. 

26 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Personally I'm not a huge fan of either Euro prospect this year. I'd rather have a player like Clingan at center, we really need someone who plays big down there, Sarr is not that guy. If we are talking five years into the future then yea maybe, but heck we should be just blowing this whole thing up if that's our plan and trying to load up on draft picks like we did when we drafted Trae. 

I think Sarr's timeline and Trae's timeline are just completely different. Rirschach I think is more polished and ready to step into an immediate role, but he doesn't really fit on this team with Hunter and JJ still on the team. 

I don't think so. If you're keeping OO and JJ you can mismatch them until Sarr gets it.  We will need a versatile frontcourt and I'm even for keeping Capela while Sarr develops. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, KB21 said:

That's my top two as well FWIW