• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

19 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I've already detailed what happened with Luka/Trae. Ressler screwed us over by listening to the marketing dept over his basketball people. He and Cuban hashed out the deal on draft day because Travis was 100% going to draft Luka if he fell to us. Then Ressler went over his head and made the trade on his own. Ressler also vetoed deals we had for Millsap and Horford as well as deals to trade Red Velvet and Collins.

Ressler is a nightmare owner. He blatantly interferes with his basketball front office and is cheap. It is the worst of all worlds outside of his trying to relocate the team.

Any word on who Resseler likes in this upcoming draft?

im going to assume it’s Sarr. Feel like we asked you guys this already and if so my bad.

18 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I've already detailed what happened with Luka/Trae. Ressler screwed us over by listening to the marketing dept over his basketball people. He and Cuban hashed out the deal on draft day because Travis was 100% going to draft Luka if he fell to us. Then Ressler went over his head and made the trade on his own. Ressler also vetoed deals we had for Millsap and Horford as well as deals to trade Red Velvet and Collins.

Ressler is a nightmare owner. He blatantly interferes with his basketball front office and is cheap. It is the worst of all worlds outside of his trying to relocate the team.

So, if this is the case, why did the marketing department think Trae Young was more marketable than Luka?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JTB said:

im going to assume it’s Sarr. Feel like we asked you guys this already and if so my bad.

If I had to guess, I’d guess that Ressler will like the guy who has won back to back championships in Clingan.  

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

See this is different information from what Supes stated.  He stated Travis liked Trae and was prepared to take him with the 3rd pick if he couldn't trade back. 

Furthermore, Travis has always stated he liked players who can pass, dribble & shoot.  Luka at the time only fitted  two of those criterias. 

I liked Travis, but he wasn't without fault.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JTB said:

Tony likes Clingan but it is early and he is saying he's going to listen to the front office. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, KB21 said:

So, if this is the case, why did the marketing department think Trae Young was more marketable than Luka?

Exciting smaller american black point guard that kids and average height ppl identify with  ...versus a slower white foreign player that only played in Europe. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

Tony likes Clingan but it is early and he is saying he's going to listen to the front office. 

Man! I actually like Sarr & Clingan.

that really is a tough one. Of course I like Edey too but at number 1 Sarr does probably have the most high potential and upside . 

this draft class is considered weak but for me I really like 4-6 players in this draft that I believe will be good at the next level.

that’s the thing about all these prospects….

there is some untapped potential in all of them that could make them historic once they hit their prime.

Sarr is getting compared to young KG and I’m seeing the narrative is being picked up about him being the fastest 7 foot plus player in nba history. Jaw dropping of his speed at that height is winning people over along with the incredible defense all over the court….i mean i get it! Lol

Clingan is getting compared to Gobert consistently. My latest observation on Clingan is that he could become a 3pt shooting Rudy Gobert. Clingans passing ability looks to transfer over to nba immediately as well as his defense (of course). If he can prove that he can be reliable 3pt shooter that would be absolutely game changing! Rudy is an offensive liability but if Clingan lives up to expectations as the next Gobert but with decent passing and a reliable 3pt shot…..it’s tough to pass that up.

….Edey isn’t getting compared to any historic player that I’ve seen but rather raising eyebrows that he is also a very unique size player with a lot mobility for his size , especially after the combine. For Edey is really all about him showing that the speed of the game will not be his flaw and once he does that , at that size and frame teams will be at his mercy. Not to mention if his ft throw percentage transfers to good 3pt shooting that man is going to be hell to guard.

to me it’s not an easy pick. I can make a case for all 3 of those players and in all honesty if we could trade Murray for say the spurs #8 pick so we could grab 2 of the 3 players (1 has to be Sarr)… I mentioned above I would absolutely be overjoyed about that!…I believe that in a draft class that is being called weak so often we should be looking at getting a combination of two top 10 picks by trading Murray and keeping number 1.

Trae, Bogi, Jalen, SARR, EDEY or CLINGAN

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Can you elaborate, saffron?  I just not get it.

🥹

Wait, if I get you to say it, will the mods still blame me for the blowback? 🤔

On second thought, disregard that.  I feel like AH has been looking for a reason to ding me.

🫣

I can't like this enough.

Trade happened.  It's over.  Folks need to stahhp worrying and hand-wringing about it.  Every time Dallas wins a game, folks feel some urge to come here and lament it.

Fkng get over it.  

image.gif.813cd2db49c7757c53aae1080d2ceafe.gif

• Like 3

It seems easier to make up different versions of something that happened in the past than get a prediction right.

Somebody needs to interview Schlenk to know what truly happened.

Edited by theheroatl

3 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

It seems easier to make up different versions of something that happened in the past than get a prediction right.

Somebody needs to interview Schlenk to know what truly happened.

Schlenk seems like a very honest, strait forward guy. I would trust his version of events over Ressler. None have spoken publicly of course. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, JTB said:

Man! I actually like Sarr & Clingan.

that really is a tough one. Of course I like Edey too but at number 1 Sarr does probably have the most high potential and upside . 

this draft class is considered weak but for me I really like 4-6 players in this draft that I believe will be good at the next level.

that’s the thing about all these prospects….

there is some untapped potential in all of them that could make them historic once they hit their prime.

Sarr is getting compared to young KG and I’m seeing the narrative is being picked up about him being the fastest 7 foot plus player in nba history. Jaw dropping of his speed at that height is winning people over along with the incredible defense all over the court….i mean i get it! Lol

Clingan is getting compared to Gobert consistently. My latest observation on Clingan is that he could become a 3pt shooting Rudy Gobert. Clingans passing ability looks to transfer over to nba immediately as well as his defense (of course). If he can prove that he can be reliable 3pt shooter that would be absolutely game changing! Rudy is an offensive liability but if Clingan lives up to expectations as the next Gobert but with decent passing and a reliable 3pt shot…..it’s tough to pass that up.

….Edey isn’t getting compared to any historic player that I’ve seen but rather raising eyebrows that he is also a very unique size player with a lot mobility for his size , especially after the combine. For Edey is really all about him showing that the speed of the game will not be his flaw and once he does that , at that size and frame teams will be at his mercy. Not to mention if his ft throw percentage transfers to good 3pt shooting that man is going to be hell to guard.

to me it’s not an easy pick. I can make a case for all 3 of those players and in all honesty if we could trade Murray for say the spurs #8 pick so we could grab 2 of the 3 players (1 has to be Sarr)… I mentioned above I would absolutely be overjoyed about that!…I believe that in a draft class that is being called weak so often we should be looking at getting a combination of two top 10 picks by trading Murray and keeping number 1.

Trae, Bogi, Jalen, SARR, EDEY or CLINGAN

IMG_6442.gif.f3f614bdad72d67dda2694c043fd594e.gif

• Like 1

• Moderators

Luka, who everyone thinks is the greatest, no miss prospect since Lebron, was passed over by 3 teams and folks don't believe that he wasn't threatening to stay in Europe if he didn't get his way?   In the best draft of the last 20 years teams can't throw away a top 3 pick if him refusing to play is even a remote possibility.  

• Like 2

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Luka, who everyone thinks is the greatest, no miss prospect since Lebron, was passed over by 3 teams and folks don't believe that he wasn't threatening to stay in Europe if he didn't get his way?   In the best draft of the last 20 years teams can't throw away a top 3 pick if him refusing to play is even a remote possibility.  

He was not considered a no miss prospect on the level of LeBron.  He was #1 on my board but he was not a generational prospect ala LeBron, Duncan, Wemby, etc.  There were questions about his athleticism and how his Euro numbers would translate to the NBA that kept him from that level of respect.  No one was shocked when Ayton went #1.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Sothron said:

Not to discredit you personally, but unless your source is Landry himself, I cannot imagine this being the type of info we can take without a massive grain of salt.