• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Hawkish said:

This is exactly my plan.  I don’t see the Pistons giving up #5 for DJ.  

They already were offering it to us. I would not be shocked if Dj is moved to the Pistons. It makes a lot of sense.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sothron said:

They already were offering it to us. I would not be shocked if Dj is moved to the Pistons. It makes a lot of sense.

Would that mean they trade us Fournier as part of the deal and we waive him?  Or do we just trade for cap space and create another TPE like we did with Utah and Collins?  I’m also guessing we will want Grimes or Fontecchio as part of the deal.

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Not even close, man. Mavs are showing him a crowd. The Heat were showing Trae elbows, slaps and body jabs.

The Heat sold out in a way Dallas can’t because the Hawks had no front court in that series.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Final_quest said:

Would that mean they trade us Fournier as part of the deal and we waive him?  Or do we just trade for cap space and create another TPE like we did with Utah and Collins?  I’m also guessing we will want Grimes or Fontecchio as part of the deal.

Fournier's  TO has to be picked up if he is being traded so we'd be on the hook for his $19 million. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Thank Messey Ressey. I used to be more optimistic, but what's that saying 'when people show you who they are believe them.' 

My theory is most new owners think they can just take a path and it pretty much will get them a championship… like Matt Ishiba..

Then they get jaded themselves after a season or two and think they better not overspend and just let their asset investment grow because winning a championship is too hard.

I think back to the Doncic draft.. it was so clear to me that his talent was so far beyond anyone else but alas I was actually shocked they took Ayton and Bagley before him..

when he fell to the hawks and put that hat on I was incredibly happy and surprised he fell to us.. but when the trade was leaked I justified the trade because I thought Trae had tons of talent.

That still didn’t take my uneasiness away because I had been believing that Doncic was a generational talent.

The situation with this draft is… Sarr is clearly the #1 and much better than the other prospects but people and teams make stupid decisions that they justify for fit, etc.

If they screw up this draft and take someone else at 1 or trade the pick.. it will be just another nail in the coffin

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Sothron said:

I think this is the absolute perfect time to address our defensive issues. I’m not solely dependent on rookies and saying these guys are going to make us a top 10 defense instantly but if we are looking at the long haul …if you can get two defensive stouts in a draft Sarr + Clingan or whoever then you should definitely do it!

When it comes to purely looking at defense for these prospects I believe the top defensive prospects would have graded out well on that end in any draft.

Taking Sarr at #1 is the absolute best plan to do because there are realistic options to get another high pick.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sothron said:

Would they just absorb DJ’s salary?  It looks like they could.  I like Thompson, too.  Cade seems like a player that has to have the ball to be effective.  Same issue as Trae/DJ?  Cade can at least attempt to guard bigger players.

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

They sought Rudy out multiple times on defense in crunchtime.  Min failing to adjust was blasphemous.  

Rudy's feet were going every which-a way.  My boy morphed into dances with wolves.  Beyonce might steal some of that footwork.

On a related note, THIS is why I don't think bigs shld win DPOY.  That award shld highlight perimeter defenders.  Totally different skillset that shld be celebrated.  There should be a 'defensive anchor' award for guys like Rudy.  But the inability to look competent on the perimeter shouldn't be ignored when discussing a guy's defense. 

Can’t you make the exact same argument about perimeter defenders struggling near the basket?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1