• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

3 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Not sure if you are familiar with the squawk but we generally stick to one or two main threads it doesn’t matter the topic

we typically migrate when there is a big shift 

Im totally unfamiliar. Thanks for the lesson. 

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, KB21 said:

My choices at #1 in order of preference:

Alex Sarr

Zaccharie Risacher

Donovan Clingan

For Atlanta, that is my preference as well. For a non Hawks top three I would put Sheppard at #3. but he doesn't fit with Atlanta *at all* unless we trade both Trae and DJ.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sothron said:

For Atlanta, that is my preference as well. For a non Hawks top three I would put Sheppard at #3. but he doesn't fit with Atlanta *at all* unless we trade both Trae and DJ.

Do you think there is any chance we would trade both?  It is a wild concept to consider.

16 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Reed Sheppard is #1 on some teams board. He was #1 on my BB for nearly 5 months

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Reed Sheppard is #1 on some teams board. He was #1 on my BB for nearly 5 months

I love him. Absolutely, absolutely love him. I'm getting his jersey no matter where he goes. I think he's going to be a steal for whoever takes him.

8 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

Do you think there is any chance we would trade both?  It is a wild concept to consider.

There is a chance, yes. I don't think it is likely. Trading Trae would probably be a blow it all up move. If we did trade both I would do whatever it took to draft Reed in this draft.

3 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Sothron better call your Wolves contact because there's going to be some changes in Minny after this sweep completes in a couple days.

No stinky kitties are wanted around here

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Sothron better call your Wolves contact because there's going to be some changes in Minny after this sweep completes in a couple days.

They aren't interested. They got where they wanted to go to keep this boat going

55 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

They aren't interested. They got where they wanted to go to keep this boat going

That 2nd apron penalty says otherwise though. I don't know if they will be able to make moves to improve the team without moving one of those big contracts.

The Mavs are showing that they need a younger point guard to go with this team.

Edited by marco102

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

I love him. Absolutely, absolutely love him. I'm getting his jersey no matter where he goes. I think he's going to be a steal for whoever takes him.

There is a chance, yes. I don't think it is likely. Trading Trae would probably be a blow it all up move. If we did trade both I would do whatever it took to draft Reed in this draft.

Reed is the reason I asked.  What would have to happen to consider drafting Sheppard? Also, is there a way to trade both Trae and DJ while still competing?   I probably overvalue great shooters.  I cannot stand inefficient play.  I’m interested in winning, not being entertained.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

We better not help them by taking KAT or Gobert off their payroll. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hawkish said:

We better not help them by taking KAT or Gobert off their payroll. 

Please help Minnesota and take one of these guys off their hands

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Please help Minnesota and take one of these guys off their hands

For Hunter and Capela? Maybe

It appears KAT is shooting 15-54 so far in the Dallas series.  We already know he isn’t making up for it with intangibles. 

Edited by Hawkish
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

let's be realistic. KAT was an all star this year and he was the MVP of the Denver series. Just because he can't stick on the court against Dallas isn't the end of the world

At $50M per, the opponent should not determine whether he is productive or not.  In 3 of the 7 Denver games, he scored 14 or less and grabbed 6 or less rebounds.  Good player?  Certainly.  One third of salary cap on a contender good?  No.

Trae, JJ, DJ, Bogi, or #1 better not be included in any KAT or Gobert trade.

Edited by Hawkish
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

At $50M per, the opponent should not determine whether he is productive or not.  In 3 of the 7 Denver games, he scored 14 or less and grabbed 6 or less rebounds.  Good player?  Certainly.  One third of salary cap on a contender good?  No.

Trae, JJ, DJ, Bogi, or #1 better not be included in any KAT or Gobert trade.

All of those should be completely off the table for one of them. 

That said, if they want JJ, McDaniels is ours

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

All of those should be completely off the table for one of them. 

That said, if they want JJ, McDaniels is ours

We’ll keep JJ, too. I’m not interested in helping Minnesota.  It bothers me to see athletes without fire.

• Like 1

I have always been a fan of KAT on the hawks so im not gonna back off that now lol.   If we absolutely must move Murray then we could do a ton worse than KAT coming back.   Although i feel based on what others have said it would take something like  Murray, Onyeka, and Griffin to get the Wolves to pull the trigger maybe even sac 1st.   Which  if that allows us to keep 1st overall, Jalen Johnson, Bufkin, and Trae   i gotta atleast take a look at it.

a team of

PG - Trae / defensive vet PG
SG - Bufkin/Bogi
SF - Johnson / Hunter
PF - Saar / Mo Gueye
C - KAT / Capela

It's not a terrible lineup around trae as it provides 3 guys in Bufkin, Johnson, and Saar that are supposed to be really good defensively or has the potential to be.  Plus Kat has some defensive chops as well when he is on.    All of them can stretch the floor and handle the ball when called upon.  The other 4 better than Saar but Saar has upside to do it well.   The team is pretty big around trae as well which is a nice plus.

The backup group honestly sorta cooks as well with Cap, Hunter, Bogi  with Mo's upside and a vet PG they could do some damage. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Hawkish said:

Reed is the reason I asked.  What would have to happen to consider drafting Sheppard? Also, is there a way to trade both Trae and DJ while still competing?   I probably overvalue great shooters.  I cannot stand inefficient play.  I’m interested in winning, not being entertained.  

Mark Price is my all time favorite point god. I think he was the best pure point guard to ever play the game. Reed reminds me a lot of him. I always love the very efficient and effective players. Someone like Reed with his elite hands, basketball IQ and shooting will be a killer in the NBA.

If we could get enough of a package for both guys I would honestly blow everything up and invest some in this draft and in future drafts. But that's very unlikely.

I don't know if we could trade both Trae and DJ and still be a competitive team this upcoming season. It would depend on the return and how quickly our young guys could gel.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Threezus said:

I have always been a fan of KAT on the hawks so im not gonna back off that now lol.   If we absolutely must move Murray then we could do a ton worse than KAT coming back.   Although i feel based on what others have said it would take something like  Murray, Onyeka, and Griffin to get the Wolves to pull the trigger maybe even sac 1st.   Which  if that allows us to keep 1st overall, Jalen Johnson, Bufkin, and Trae   i gotta atleast take a look at it.

a team of

PG - Trae / defensive vet PG
SG - Bufkin/Bogi
SF - Johnson / Hunter
PF - Saar / Mo Gueye
C - KAT / Capela

It's not a terrible lineup around trae as it provides 3 guys in Bufkin, Johnson, and Saar that are supposed to be really good defensively or has the potential to be.  Plus Kat has some defensive chops as well when he is on.    All of them can stretch the floor and handle the ball when called upon.  The other 4 better than Saar but Saar has upside to do it well.   The team is pretty big around trae as well which is a nice plus.

The backup group honestly sorta cooks as well with Cap, Hunter, Bogi  with Mo's upside and a vet PG they could do some damage. 

DJ and OO are too much for KAT.  His contract diminishes his value to me.  

6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Mark Price is my all time favorite point god. I think he was the best pure point guard to ever play the game. Reed reminds me a lot of him. I always love the very efficient and effective players. Someone like Reed with his elite hands, basketball IQ and shooting will be a killer in the NBA.

If we could get enough of a package for both guys I would honestly blow everything up and invest some in this draft and in future drafts. But that's very unlikely.

I don't know if we could trade both Trae and DJ and still be a competitive team this upcoming season. It would depend on the return and how quickly our young guys could gel.

A more agile Mark Price was exactly my thought, too.

• Like 4