• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

6. LA may use their 1st on Bronny James. The fear is if Phoenix drafts him, Bron will leave to play for the vet min on a stacked squad leaving LA in an awful position with no 2025 1st. 

Did NO defer on the LA pick?  I wasn't sure if LA was going to have a first round pick this year.

At #17, this would be comically high for Bronny but understandable as LeBron insurance.  I would assume LeBron retires in LA if this happens.

11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Intel

1. Nothing on the Hawks front other than they really like Knecht, Edey, Clingan, Risacher, Sarr, and Matas. Edey, Knecht, and Matas are guys they are looking at if they move down from 1. I am told Clingan is getting serious looks at 1 from Atlanta as well. Many teams believe Risacher is likely who Atlanta will take. 

2. Clingan is the hottest player in this class aside from Risacher. He's getting a lot of calls. I am told, Houston feels they will be able to trade down. 

3. Most teams have Sarr, Risacher, or Sheppard as their top prospect. No one has Clingan but I am told that teams are trying to move up for Risacher and Clingan but no one is trying to move up for Sarr or Sheppard. This always says something because it means teams don't see Sarr as someone who can help them right now. More of a long term play but teams are willing to give up future assets for Risacher and Clingan. 

4. Edey ceiling is currently at 10 and his floor is at 21. Memphis is a wild card. They are mainly open to moving up for Clingan. 

5. Washington has pretty much let it be known that it's Risacher or Sarr. Who's left is who they want unless both are available which from what I've been told isn't highly likely. 

6. LA may use their 1st on Bronny James. The fear is if Phoenix drafts him, Bron will leave to play for the vet min on a stacked squad leaving LA in an awful position with no 2025 1st. 

“Yes, NO, you want to trade the ‘25 LA pick to Atlanta…. And add Herb Jones as filler…. Yes, you do, NO…. You are getting sleepy”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Admin

I hate that Bronny can use his father as a way to get drafted.  

He would not even be considered for a draft pick (1st or 2nd) if his dad wasn't Lebron.  He even has the nerve to turn down 10 teams for workouts.

Sad

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

He would not even be considered for a draft pick (1st or 2nd) if his dad wasn't Lebron.  He even has the nerve to turn down 10 teams for workouts.

Sad

Eh, the world is built on nepotism.  This example is just in our faces.  Doesn't really raise my blood pressure much.

My dream is for LAL to take him and Lebron immediately retires afterward.  Haha.  Suck it, Lakers.

That said, this is actually pretty bad for the kid because everyone knows why he's getting drafted.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Eh, the world is built on nepotism.  This example is just in our faces.  Doesn't really raise my blood pressure much.

My dream is for LAL to take him and Lebron immediately retires afterward.  Haha.  Suck it, Lakers.

That said, this is actually pretty bad for the kid because everyone knows why he's getting drafted.

He'll have to sink or swim once LeBron retires but given where LA is right now as a team I can get my head around why giving up the #17 pick to ensure that James stays could be seen as a really smart investment.  

And I can't imagine why you'd think that there is any nepotism in the NBA.

Atlanta Hawks owner Tony Ressler and son Nick Ressler watch the... News ...

• Sad 2

• Premium Member

Wasn't James Jones teammates with LBJ in Cleveland? Prolly doing him a favor.

Bronny declining other workouts screams red flags for me, show other teams and your naysayers that you are willing to put in the work and not just getting a handout (even if he still ends up being picked by LAL)

• Like 2

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Sad

I see this as a "thank you" to LA for promising him.  Likely, LeBron is happy to return to LA so he doesn't want some other team to take Bronny so they can play together there.  As you say, the only reason he would be picked in the first round is because of his dad so him going to workout elsewhere when LA is promising to take him could be seen as a negative both from his father and the Lakers.  

I'm actually not as offended by him not working out if he has a promise from LA.  He would hardly be the first guy to shut down workouts with a promise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

Did NO defer on the LA pick?  

I think NOP have until June 1st to decide, but all indications look to them passing for the LAL 2025 unprotected.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Knicks are limited to what they can offer.

Clint can be a replacement for them.

This is good news from the angle of our competitors paying big money for players that are not consequential.

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, AHF said:

Did NO defer on the LA pick?  I wasn't sure if LA was going to have a first round pick this year.

At #17, this would be comically high for Bronny but understandable as LeBron insurance.  I would assume LeBron retires in LA if this happens.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Do the Bulls see an off-season LaVine trade as something that HAS to happen? Or will they be content with him on the roster if a trade market for him doesn't materialize? Also, if he's on the team at the start of the season, do you think there's any potential for distraction/unrest? It seems like everyone was professional last year and I'm wondering if that can last if he's truly unhappy. --- Steve P.

Content may be the wrong word, and I do get the sense both sides are motivated to make something work this offseason. I don’t think the Bulls will take an awful deal if little materializes, but I do get the sense they’re open to more possibilities than before. More to the point: I’ve reported before what their asking price was---All-Star level talent, first-round picks or both---and my sense is that it has dropped significantly.

As I’ve said from the beginning regarding this situation: This is like a relationship that has run its course. And you’re right: Both sides have remained very professional to this point, and I expect that to continue. But the desire from both sides to make a change has grown.

https://www.nbcsportschicago.com/nba/chicago-bulls/bulls-analysis/bulls-mailbag-zach-lavine-trade-market-draft-targets/565962/

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Intel

1. Nothing on the Hawks front other than they really like Knecht, Edey, Clingan, Risacher, Sarr, and Matas. Edey, Knecht, and Matas are guys they are looking at if they move down from 1.

I bet Supes peed a little with excitement when he heard this. 

• Haha 4

Happens in business all of the time..

If MJ, Bird, Magic etc had a son that could possibly play in the NBA (much less at the same time as their dad),,  they wouldve tried  to get them in the League too... lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, kg01 said:

The worst was when Doc gave his son a $25 million dollar contract.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Intel

1. Nothing on the Hawks front other than they really like Knecht, Edey, Clingan, Risacher, Sarr, and Matas. Edey, Knecht, and Matas are guys they are looking at if they move down from 1. I am told Clingan is getting serious looks at 1 from Atlanta as well. Many teams believe Risacher is likely who Atlanta will take. 

this definitely makes me nervous. Deep down inside I’ve always believed Risacher is way more of a Synder guy than Sarr but drafting Risacher in my opinion doesn’t fix any glaring issues that we have. We need a center / big man more than anything and that shouldn’t be ignored.

2. Clingan is the hottest player in this class aside from Risacher. He's getting a lot of calls. I am told, Houston feels they will be able to trade down. 

I’m not surprised. He’s predicted as a 3pt capable shooting Rudy Gobert. Per @Sothron source he’s Tony’s current favorite…as much as I despise some of the things Tony has done , I’m not made that he sees Clingan as a top notch prospect.

3. Most teams have Sarr, Risacher, or Sheppard as their top prospect. No one has Clingan but I am told that teams are trying to move up for Risacher and Clingan but no one is trying to move up for Sarr or Sheppard. This always says something because it means teams don't see Sarr as someone who can help them right now. More of a long term play but teams are willing to give up future assets for Risacher and Clingan. 

This is why I want the hawks to double dip in this years draft! Get Sarr and get back into the top 10 to take Edey.

4. Edey ceiling is currently at 10 and his floor is at 21. Memphis is a wild card. They are mainly open to moving up for Clingan. 

I wouldn’t be shocked if this changes.

5. Washington has pretty much let it be known that it's Risacher or Sarr. Who's left is who they want unless both are available which from what I've been told isn't highly likely. 

If we draft Risacher who I like but not at number 1, man we are going to see a major breakdown around here. Risacher fits Trae better offensively but what do we do at center ???

I hope it happens where Lebron does go to PHX lol

4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

From what I shared in the insiders only pm thread:

I'm hearing that we are trying to get the Wizards to move up to 1, we go down to 2 get a future first from them and we take Risacher and they are trying to get another top 5 pick to take Clingan.

Interesting.  I guess that's why the only thing we've heard from the Wizards' camp in the media the past week is that they love both Sarr and Risacher and are happy to take whoever falls to them at 2, lol.  Leverage, leverage, leverage...