• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

11 minutes ago, Sothron said:

From what I shared in the insiders only pm thread:

I'm hearing that we are trying to get the Wizards to move up to 1, we go down to 2 get a future first from them and we take Risacher and they are trying to get another top 5 pick to take Clingan.

0OXlMkKXkcg&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

So Houston, SA, and Detroit............hmmm

I have no idea at all.  Maybe we traded Murray to one of these teams.

43 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I'm hearing that we are trying to get the Wizards to move up to 1, we go down to 2 get a future first from them and we take Risacher and they are trying to get another top 5 pick to take Clingan.

Ah yes lets go for round 2 of the Luka trade so we can watch the more talented and upside guy thats bigger go to the finals.  I am fully expecting something like this because this is EXACTLY a hawks type move.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 5

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Threezus said:

Ah yes lets go for round 2 of the Luka trade so we can watch the more talented and upside guy thats bigger go to the finals.  I am fully expecting something like this because this is EXACTLY a hawks type move.

If we can get Risacher and Clingan out of this draft we solve two issues with the roster. Quin and Korver are really high on Risacher btw

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

• Premium Member
58 minutes ago, Sothron said:

No offense, but 🤮. Gonna be alot of boos at that draft party if this is true.

• Thanks 3

59 minutes ago, Sothron said:

If we can get Risacher and Clingan out of this draft we solve two issues with the roster. Quin and Korver are really high on Risacher btw

I would much rather them go after Sarr and then come back for Buzelis  i like that pairing way better.  Would ofcourse prefer Sarr + Ris but don't see a way to make that happen.   For me Sarr far outweights what i want from my bigman over Clingan compared to the difference i see in Ris and Buz. 

• Like 4

So, if they do something like that, it makes it imperative to keep Okongwu.  Clingan will get played off the floor at times.  So, the set will have to be Okongwu gets 28-33 mpg at center with Clingan getting 15-20 mpg at center.  Then you would have to justify why you used a high lottery pick on a big who is a long term back up.  

• Like 3

I encourage everyone who believes this is a good idea to listen to the Upside Swings podcast I posted where they discussed Clingan, Edey, Ware, and Holmes.  

• Like 2

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, KB21 said:

So, if they do something like that, it makes it imperative to keep Okongwu.  Clingan will get played off the floor at times.  So, the set will have to be Okongwu gets 28-33 mpg at center with Clingan getting 15-20 mpg at center.  Then you would have to justify why you used a high lottery pick on a big who is a long term back up.  

OO couldn’t get as many minutes from Quin as a regressed CC last year.  I would not assume that he suddenly starting getting 30+ minutes and would expect them to balance the minutes between the two as a starting point.

Quin better be all on board with this trade if it happens.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Threezus said:

EXACTLY!

They are overthinking it.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, AHF said:

OO couldn’t get as many minutes from Quin as a regressed CC last year.  I would not assume that he suddenly starting getting 30+ minutes and would expect them to balance the minutes between the two as a starting point.

Quin better be all on board with this trade if it happens.

Clingan will not be a veteran that Quin plays because of his veteran status, and I highly doubt Quin wants to limit his defensive scheme by trying to play a drop only big like Clingan heavy minutes.  If you try to play Clingan at or above the screen, he’s going to get cooked.  

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Threezus said:

I fear it will be even worse.  
Instead of getting Trae and a pick, we’re going to end up with Marvin and a pick.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

7 hours ago, Sothron said:

Risacher and Clingan

I would quit as a Hawks fan. This would effectively end my 39 year run. 

I just… no. We can’t. 

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Sothron said:

Clingan is not worth trading for. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1