• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

And how has that worked out for us so far? Let's take a look back:

- First wanted JC gone

- Then wanted JC to stay, so the front office in their infinite wisdom overpaid him

- Wanted CC to not be traded

- Wanted DJ

- Doesn't want them to keep #1

- He mentioned Knecht

- Wants Klingan

- Now wants JC back

:blanky: :blanky:

Y'all need to stop. if it doesn't make sense...

Kermit the frog drinking Lipton Tea MEME | iPad Case & Skin

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think we should just forfeit the #1 pick. 🤓

If all we are going to do is take Clingan, then just trade the pick for Walker Kessler.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, terrell said:

Why would the Resslers want Clingan? He isn't selling any tickets.. lol

Im with you on this one as well im honestly not sure why they would want him over others.  Sarr would be the Center that would sell tickets because of his athletic ability and crazy ceiling for a 7 ft guy.   Clingan would be a very bland type of player with limited upside that doesn't provide much in the term of star power.   So tickets wise it doesn't make sense so im really interested what else they would want him for because it seems like it's all about the money for them and Sarr would be more of the big ticket guy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

- First wanted JC gone

- Then wanted JC to stay, so the front office in their infinite wisdom overpaid him

- Wanted DJ

- He mentioned Knecht

- Wants Klingan

- Now wants JC back

When Trae was locked down on his contract that’s the FOs fault for giving into his demands.

Let’s not just start blaming the player because this is the complete opposite we didn’t have with ISO Joe and everyone wanted a more vocal star.

this is the effects of it.

No one told them to do everything Trae said unless it came from Tony.

Our backs are against the wall now…so do you really believe it’s best that we don’t hear out our franchise star that took decades and failures on top of failures to get ???

newsflash luck is not on our side when it comes to superstar talent.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

- First wanted JC gone

- Wanted DJ

- He mentioned Knecht

- Wants Klingan

- Now wants JC back

You have to cave to the capricious whims of your star otherwise they will leave your team a barren wasteland. The GMs job is merely to carry out the star's orders, whatever they may be. All the well run NBA teams operate this way. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think we should just forfeit the #1 pick and sit out the draft. 🤓

I could see us running out of time before making the pick like the Vikings did back in the day..

Wouldn't shock me at all.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, terrell said:

Why would the Resslers want Clingan? He isn't selling any tickets.. lol

Because someone convinced him that Trae and Clingan are perfect fits which they are. This may be the one time Tony’s wants actually make sense for once from a fit perspective.

yet every one hates it 😂 

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

You have to cave to the capricious whims of your star otherwise they will leave your team a barren wasteland. The GMs job is merely to carry out the star's orders, whatever they may be. All the well run NBA teams operate this way. 

It’s the unfortunate truth of this era. Like it or not.

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

This is just categorically wrong. Risacher is the best POA defender in the draft. He's literally what we thought Hunter would be when we foolishly gave up so much to move up to draft him.

As an aside...I'm not saying the Hawks are definitely doing what I am hearing. It is just what I have been told by sources I trust is the current feeling among the FO. We have like three more weeks of this. Be ready and try not to overreact. 

My only personal fear with this franchise is the Tony Ressler problem. We have the most interfering owner in professional sports. If the Hawks got actual, real coverage I truly believe the fanbase would be in uproar over him.  If he stays out of the way and let's Landry do his work I do think we have competent FO people in place.

The best POA defender in this draft is Ryan Dunn.  He just can’t shoot it at all.  

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JTB said:

When Trae was locked down on his contract that’s the FOs fault for giving into his demands.

Let’s not just start blaming the player because this is the complete opposite we didn’t have with ISO Joe and everyone wanted a more vocal star.

this is the effects of it.

No one told them to do everything Trae said unless it came from Tony.

Our backs are against the wall now…so do you really believe it’s best that we don’t hear out our franchise star that took decades and failures on top of failures to get ???

newsflash luck is not on our side when it comes to superstar talent.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not blaming Trae at all - I'm saying all of this being attributing to ALL OF WHAT TRAE WANTS is poppycock.

I want a Front Office to do their job.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Our biggest issue is the center spot for production and POA defense. 

Both players mentioned solves both issues. This is obviously a question of preference because the two players mention solve things for the Hawks if that's the direction they want to go in. 

If we want Clingan and POA defender, we should just take both UCONN players.. smh

2 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

I don't buy any notion that Trae is involved in this draft process.  Does anyone HONESTLY think that he's looking to rookies as a way to win now?  It sounds more like a scapegoat setup for when your process of not taking the best prospect fails.

Could be.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not blaming Trae at all - I'm saying all of this being attributing to ALL OF WHAT TRAE WANTS is poppycock.

I want a Front Office to do their job.

I’m not misunderstanding you. I’m reminding everyone that this is a players league more than any other professional sport.

the front offices of the nba have the toughest jobs in all professional sports. They have to appease star players wants, all while doing the best for the franchise.

you cannot just get away with solely depending on the FO like the 90s and early 2000s. This era of players have too big of voice. There’s a balance that has to be maintained and it’s tough as hell to do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

With Clingan, you will have to do A LOT to the players around him to offset what he can’t do defensively and offensively.  Even then, his limitations will always get exposed.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

The thing with Risacher is that his on ball defense can be good, but I wouldn’t call him a POA defender.  His off the ball defense is bad though.  

This we can agree with.

i actually believe the best POA defender is Castle in this draft. Risacher defense is avg and then can be very good in moments through out the games he plays in. He’s definitely no slouch on the defensive end but  I’m not buying elite defense from him.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JTB said:

Could be.

Lol, I'm past "could be".  Ressler has disregarded his front office multiple times, but makes sure someone else gets the heat when it fails.  This is why I don't get upset with Landry.  We know who's making the calls for the Hawks and it's unfortunate.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

With Clingan, you will have to do A LOT to the players around him to offset what he can’t do defensively and offensively.  Even then, his limitations will always get exposed.  

This can also be said about Sarr.

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, Sothron said:

My only personal fear with this franchise is the Tony Ressler problem. We have the most interfering owner in professional sports. If the Hawks got actual, real coverage I truly believe the fanbase would be in uproar over him.  If he stays out of the way and let's Landry do his work I do think we have competent FO people in place.

I don't have confidence that he will.

• Thanks 1