2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

8 minutes ago, therealist said:

genuinely curious as to what you think JJ's limitations are on the wing. i've always hoped he could develop into more of a switchable big wing than just a 4. is it his inability to guard opposing wing players that's holding him back?

Man defense 

Defending combination moves

Moving his feet in isolation situation. He's fine against Giannis who's a straight line driver but anyone with skill will crush him. 

He's pretty much like Smoove. Help side defense, can defend in space, capable when switching but don't want that man defending 1s to 3s and skilled big wings. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

He's going to have to get A LOT better off the dribble and as a playmaker to meet that expectation.

Agreed. I don't think he looks like a potential star at all but I like the players we does look like. 

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

There was an insider post regarding trading #1 for #4 and #8...then flipping 8 in a trade to acquire Herb.

Thanks.  I guess I missed that or just glossed over the pick swap.  I thought @Sothron specifically said the trades were separate.  DJM/Hunter/Clint for Ingram/Herb/Nance with no picks included.  That's what I've been operating under as the framework for the deal.  If that's not accurate, ignore everything I've said.  LOL

• Premium Member
C'mon on down 'seasoned center" Clint Capela: 

James L. Edwards III: The Pistons need to find out if Duren’s struggles defensively are due to his inexperience, the team’s bad situation or if it is an area they’re worried won’t get much better. Duren has a lot of potential — I’d be afraid to trade him — but that potential won’t be reached until he turns a corner defensively. It wouldn’t surprise me if Detroit elected to bring in a more seasoned center in order to lessen Duren’s workload and allow him to develop without the stakes being so high.

– via New York Times

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

Thanks.  I guess I missed that or just glossed over the pick swap.  I thought @Sothron specifically said the trades were separate.  DJM/Hunter/Clint for Ingram/Herb/Nance with no picks included.  That's what I've been operating under as the framework for the deal.  If that's not accurate, ignore everything I've said.  LOL

Not sure if it was Soth or Mikey or Camp who made reference to to 1 for 4 & 8.

Lots of stuff to weed thru and sometimes things may get crossmatched.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I don't disagree with Herb/21 for Murray/8. Honestly, it makes sense for Atlanta. To me, that makes sense considering the value both players have. I think a top 10 pick for a pick in the high 20s is fair in difference. I just see Jones as a much better fit than Ingram for us. Even if the cost is significantly higher. 

17 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:
C'mon on down 'seasoned center" Clint Capela: 

CC got suitors. As long as he's cheap, he will be traded is what I was told. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

There are multiple offers being discussed.  The two I mentioned are the two most likely to happen. The one you are talking about has no picks.  It is a straight up 3 for  3 player trade. 

• Thanks 4

I'm not convinced that the Hawks are going to trade Clint.  Quin absolutely loves him, even with the limitations that he has.  If Quin also loves Clingan, then I'd be willing to bet that he is lobbying hard for the Hawks to keep Clint around to show Donovan the ropes.  Which means OO would be the likely piece included in the trade that nets the Hawks very little to nothing in return.  

4 minutes ago, txsting said:

I don't have a problem with Clingan per se, just better hope Sarr busts in this case.  

My issue is overvaluing an archetype that is quickly becoming a dinosaur archetype in the NBA.  

18 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I know you don't want to hear this but they're really high on Clingan. 

He really don't want to hear they are higher on Risacher than Sarr. Washington is landing Sarr regardless of what we do.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wretch said:

I don't have a problem with Clingan or any of the top prospects.  I do have a BIG problem if the driving factor here is making a safe, ready to contribute, higher floor pick and especially if this is being pushed by who our ownership "likes."  All things being equal in a "flat" lottery, the pick should be the guy they (FO, coaches, scouts) believe has the highest ceiling.

Side note: as always, thanks for what you share Soth.  You know that not all of us are aiming to shoot the messenger.

He's has upside and he's going to an optimal situation. He could end up the star of this draft but situation is the reason more than Clingan himself

• Like 4