• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Moderators
43 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

If teams are calling to move up for a player, maybe it would be wise to take him ourselves.

When Philly calls to trade up for Makelle Fultz you take the call, you take their future pick, and then you take Jayson Tatum.

Just now, deester11 said:

KB and I and a few others may be the only ones left on the train, but the pick should be Sarr. I got a bad feeling that on draft night I will not be happy.

IMG_3859.gif

Nah, plenty of people still high on Sarr as the top guy.  But I'll post a poll to see.

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, KB21 said:

More like coming to the realization that this is what will happen.  Don't be surprised if, not only if they keep Clint, but they end up giving him like a 2-year extension.  

If the Hawks take Clingan, they need to keep OO so you can mix and match at the center spot depending on matchups.  Gobert was essential to Minnesota beating the 2023 NBA Champion Denver Nuggets but we know he doesn't match up as well with teams like Dallas.  

I'm sure Clingan could learn a lot from CC but unless Quin Snyder is not nearly as smart as you've claimed he is he won't want to double down on that type of center, imo.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You sir, have hit the nail directly on the head.

I actually think this has a chance of happening. Not saying it WILL happen but there's a real chance of it.

• Sad 2

53 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Sorry KG I can't wait.. I want to lock my answer in... more street cred for my rep in the outsiders

We can respeck that.  Emoji-jeebus approves ... 🧔‍♀️

• Premium Member

To comment on what @thecampster posted earlier: I am just passing along what I'm hearing. More accurately, I'm passing along what I've been cleared to say in public. I'm sure the other two guys have things told them to keep it to themselves.

• Thanks 3

Unless Tony goes rogue and forces the players hand I can say without a doubt the Hawks will not be selecting Sarr with the number 1 pick. He has made it clear to all the teams picking at the top that he would like to play for the Wizards 

the pick will either be Risacher or clingan with the ideal outcome a trade back 

• Like 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 6

11 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Unless Tony goes rogue and forces the players hand I can say without a doubt the Hawks will not be selecting Sarr with the number 1 pick. He has made it clear to all the teams picking at the top that he would like to play for the Wizards 

Fine by me. Sarr is just another pogo stick, those guys are a dime a dozen. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Mikey said:

The team that hasn't won 50 games since the 70's?

The team with a league laughingstock as the primary ball handler?

The team that's so bad, Kyle Lose-ma has both vetoed a trade and has asked for a trade from?  In the same season?

If this is true, smells like I'm adding another 'weakness' to Mr. Sarr's ledger: decision making.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Mikey said:

👎

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, KB21 said:

The idea that Sarr is telling teams are top that he wants to go to Washington sounds like a convenient excuse for the Hawks to justify taking Clingan over him.  

Yep.  Hawks are going to Hwak as always.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, KB21 said:

More like coming to the realization that this is what will happen.  Don't be surprised if, not only if they keep Clint, but they end up giving him like a 2-year extension.  

200w.gif.4a23633cadd80cdfe6f9e460da735bc8.gif

10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

The team that hasn't won 50 games since the 70's?

The team with a league laughingstock as the primary ball handler?

The team that's so bad, Kyle Lose-ma has both vetoed a trade and has asked for a trade from?  In the same season?

If this is true, smells like I'm adding another 'weakness' to Mr. Sarr's ledger: decision making.

An environment where he isn’t positionally blocked and can play through and make all the mistakes in the world. I told you all weeks ago he views himself as a 4 and wants to play that position. He can go do that in Washington 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, AHF said:

Penny wise, pound foolish.  You cannot pick your selection based on saving a few dollars.  (Picking your legit #1 pick and saving a few dollars is fine but you better expect a PR nightmare if someone who goes ahead of you.)

(a) How strong an opinion can he have?  I doubt he has spent much time in the US.

(b) Who gives a **** what a team a prospect would "like to play for"?  Take the best player.  Worry about making them happy after the draft.

He was in ATL during his OTE year and his brother played at wake so it’s not like he lacks familiarity. Yes you can still take the player but not sure they will here when they share similar concerns about his position 

• Like 1