• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

Just now, deester11 said:

So let I get this straight. The team is said to be in love with Risacher and Clingan. Sarr has told the Hawks he wants to a Wizard, so the Hawks in Hawk fashion puts out signals that he's not the first choice anyway? 

The guy said verbatim :"I'm really excited.  The Hawks are an exciting organization. It's great that they have the first pick.". Sarr was confident about his chances of being the number one pick.

So the Hawk's either don't really want him, or we're to believe he don't wanna play for the Hawks.  Conspiracy..approved.

IMB_20190515095956_Xu7W.gif

I’m just pushing an agenda though.  Not to mention that his OTE GM is pushing for the Hawks to take him.   

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Your ability to turn  anything into an agenda is hilariously good 

Should the rest of us take this as a challenge?  I can agenda-ize just as good as KB. :stirthepot:

20 minutes ago, Mikey said:

An environment where he isn’t positionally blocked and can play through and make all the mistakes in the world. I told you all weeks ago he views himself as a 4 and wants to play that position. He can go do that in Washington 

I get that reasoning on paper.  In practice, I can see that drying up once the L's, and Shaqtin' a Poole's, pile up.

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

The Rockets and Hawks are always talking trades but a new rumor is Risacher to Houston is a possibility. The idea is Brooklyn wants Risacher. There is a chance he could fall to Houston but it seems highly unlikely and Brooklyn interest is mainly in Risacher. I was told that 3rd overall pick is not as intriguing to Brooklyn. 

Before someone ask about Atlanta, they just aren't on the same page. Hawks don't have the young cheap assets that they are open to move for Bridges aka JJ. Mikal is gonna be an overpay. Just what I've been told if Brooklyn trades him. 

Houston is very aggressively now pursuing Mikal Bridges. 

They tried to get him at the deadline...

14 minutes ago, AHF said:

If he comes to the Hawks, he will be playing whatever position makes sense in the rotation.  He is likely going to be coming off the bench behind JJ and OO to start the year and then getting additional minutes as he comes along.  

Frankly, I've already said I think he will be playing a lot against forwards instead of centers early in his career due to strength and I'm envisioning him marking PFs in the JJ, Sarr, OO lineup that makes me drool defensively.

If the Hawks pass on him so be but they better be right about Risacher or Clingan being better than him.  I'm not saying he is Giannis but if he turns out to be Giannis then having taken Otto Porter Jr. or Nelens Noel instead of him will not win the team any games or any leeway with fans.  There are a decent number of people pissed about passing on Luka for Trae still today and Trae has been invited to 5 consecutive All-Star games.  How much worse would that be if they draft Alex Len or KCP?  (I'm not saying that Risacher and Clingan will be these guys but these guys were the #3, #5, #6, and #8 lottery picks when Giannis was taken and it would hardly be shocking to see some kind of outcome in these ranges with whoever the Hawks pick this year if they miss.)

Also, if they trade down with the intent to take Clingan and end up not getting him because they moved down too far, it’s even worse.  

• Like 1

I’m fine with us taking Clingan over Sarr because honestly I think he’s a power forward with the he moves and plays. if Sarr is on this team, we are gonna move Jalen to learn another position when he just because a full time starter? And what about Mo gueye who everybody hyped during the offseason last year and the hawks traded their own second round picks for? 

If you want an actual center upgrade, it would have to be Clingan. He has his faults but he would help this team tremendously. The Sarr wants to go to Washington smells fishy though 

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, KB21 said:

The idea that Sarr is telling teams are top that he wants to go to Washington sounds like a convenient excuse for the Hawks to justify taking Clingan over him.  

This is accurate from what I have heard. Hawks have Risacher higher. But I'm starting to really think Clingan is the real target. 

10 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I’m just pushing an agenda though.  Not to mention that his OTE GM is pushing for the Hawks to take him.   

The OTE GM would like his graduate to get drafted at the highest possible position, ideally #1 overall, to reflect best on the program. Even he has an agenda.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, KB21 said:

The idea that Sarr is telling teams are top that he wants to go to Washington sounds like a convenient excuse for the Hawks to justify taking Clingan over him.  

Yep.. Theyve done this shit before..  smh

They better get this right.. Thats for damn sure

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

Just now, parfait said:

The OTE GM would like his graduate to get drafted at the highest possible position, ideally #1 overall, to reflect best on the program. Even he has an agenda.

Or..or..hear me out in this one....he actually thinks Sarr is the best player for the Hawks.  The conspiracies write themselves....

• Like 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Also, if they trade down with the intent to take Clingan and end up not getting him because they moved down too far, it’s even worse.  

Assuming this is the plan which I also think it is...they will simply take Clingan first if they can't get other trades lined up.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, deester11 said:

So let I get this straight. The team is said to be in love with Risacher and Clingan. Sarr has told the Hawks he wants to be a Wizard, so the Hawks in Hawk fashion puts out signals that he's not the first choice anyway? 

The guy said verbatim :"I'm really excited.  The Hawks are an exciting organization. It's great that they have the first pick.". Sarr was confident about his chances of being the number one pick.

So the Hawk's either don't really want him, or we're to believe he don't wanna play for the Hawks.  Conspiracy..approved.

IMB_20190515095956_Xu7W.gif

Tbf, he didn't look very happy when we won the lottery..

But who the fk cares? lol

You dont draft based on his 1st choice..

That's absurd.. Sick of the Hawks using that excuse......Just say you like Clingan or Risacher better...smh

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Assuming this is the plan which I also think it is...they will simply take Clingan first if they can't get other trades lined up.

This front office is young and has a history of misreading the market.  I would 100% expect them to misread where Clingan is likely to go. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

If the trade actually happens for Ingram and Jones I don’t see how we draft Richasare. That would be 3 offseason additions that overlap positionally with each other or JJ.

We would most certainly take the center of our choice in that case.

I think Richasare becomes a real possibility if we have yet to address wing defense.

Jones is a 1st team All Defensive team player who also shoots over 40% from 3.  He is the only one on the all-defensive team that is not a big.   I do not see any way the Pelicans part with him.