• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

6 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Might as well. We targeting the same player we could have gotten if we stayed at #10 smh lol

I said that early in this thread. It is the way. The way of the Hawk.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Just remember - it's still the Silly Season. There will be rumors of rumors - so I wouldn't put much concrete stock in any of it. 

Draft week is when things get more real.

But, Bird...isn't every season silly when it comes to the Hawks lol?

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I feel like I’m about to turn heel as a fan to this front office.

A year ago we were arguing about KAT vs Siakam coming to Atlanta only to watch them both in the conference finals while we missed the playoffs altogether. We still haven’t used a dime of JC’s Trade exception. Trae is eyeballing his exit. We got gifted the first #1 overall pick in our lifetime and we are afraid to use it. And not only that but the top prospect would rather play for the Wizards over the Hawks.

Did I miss anything?

This thread has been on going for almost a year (June 23rd, 2023 - so in 16 days) just after last year's draft when we expect CC to be traded.......so I'm sure you missed a few things 😆 🤣 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

But, Bird...isn't every season silly when it comes to the Hawks lol?

No lie.😀

We just can't seem to get right! :blanky:

• Sad 2

32 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think this might be your longest post ever.

Job well done  :notworthy:

This is a pivitol time for this franchise.....

LF/Ressler and Co.. JUST CANNOT FK THIS ONE UP

Getting the draft right, trading one of our PG's and some more contracts(Dre/CC etc) for some better fitting pieces is a PRIORITY...

Clingan is what I call a 'basic center'. One that every team needs, but not very exciting to have/draft. 😀

I want to be excited/happy on/after draft night for once, and Im not sure he's gonna do it for me....

I'll hope for the best though..

It's gonna get crazy around here if whoever we pick stinks in SL... lol

But with our luck he'll be in the Hawkspital by then like most of our 1st Rd picks.... 

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I feel like I’m about to turn heel as a fan to this front office.

A year ago we were arguing about KAT vs Siakam coming to Atlanta only to watch them both in the conference finals while we missed the playoffs altogether. We still haven’t used a dime of JC’s Trade exception. Trae is eyeballing his exit. We got gifted the first #1 overall pick in our lifetime and we are afraid to use it. And not only that but the top prospect would rather play for the Wizards over the Hawks.

Did I miss anything?

He probably grew up on YouTube like all of the other kids these days... 

Like it or not, Our star player has a lot of hate videos out there.

Calling him a "Ball hog" "Coach killer" "not a winning player "nobody wants to play with him",  etc.............................

No other player is treated like this.....

When people hear things over and over and over these days, they believe it's all true...

Young players may not want any part of it(even if most is just lies and perception)

My son, who doesn't even watch the NBA like I do, always ask me why people hate him so much...........

Just throwing that out there..

Edited by terrell

1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Watch Murray and Trae both still be on the roster come opening night 🤣 

Our Front office are clowns 🤡 

We thought we were out of the (cl)ownership era.

But one day we woke up and realized we never woke up.

:clown:

Edited by kg01

5 hours ago, deester11 said:

KB and I and a few others may be the only ones left on the train, but the pick should be Sarr. I got a bad feeling that on draft night I will not be happy.

IMG_3859.gif

Not true. Plenty still want Sarr including me but I want Sarr based on outcome of how we fair with the trades.

5 hours ago, Sothron said:

To comment on what @thecampster posted earlier: I am just passing along what I'm hearing. More accurately, I'm passing along what I've been cleared to say in public. I'm sure the other two guys have things told them to keep it to themselves.

All good Soth!…trust me we know. At this point no insider should have to make statements like this. The mods should just mute or ban those who can’t handle the 2nd hand information you guys provide.

if they don’t want to hear it I suggest the mods start locking the thread down and only allowing certain members. I get a kick out of all these rumors and it’s fun for me even if it is crazy season. I don’t want others messing it up for me.

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

Your ability to turn  anything into an agenda is hilariously good 

😂 👍🏾….you ain’t lying!

2 hours ago, terrell said:

I like Clingan, just not so early in the draft..Jakob Poeltl the most optimistic comp? But Jakob could actually get down hill and dunk on people when he was young, and better handle driving to the rim, way way better touch around the rim, and maybe even a better passer(even though Clingan is a good passer). I can see Clingan being a big time offensive rebounder, but punishing switches is just not that valuable in the NBA, being that switching isnt nearly as common anymore, and NBA defenses have adjusted with new schemes. His value as a passer without a short roll game will be heavily muted. If the defending guard gets through the screen in PnR and the big plays for the lob pass, he'll be stuck clogging the paint for his teammates. He's very good in drop and that is still valuable in the NBA but I don't think he is gonna be anything noteworthy on the perimeter against NBA guards. We saw with Walker Kessler how low the ceiling is on players like this even as fantastic rim protectors. There's so little upside and this type of player is easy to trade for. It's a bad draft, but the team with the #1 pick should be shooting much higher than this type of player IMO....  Plus he has injury concerns. IDK man.. The Hawks better know what they're doing.....

Very good post @terrell…see I like how you spoke on Clingans highs and lows. I respect that! 
My stance on how we go about this draft has a lot to do with what the plans are with the roster and scheme wise. 

@KB21 suggest that Synder is going to want to play a switching defense. If that’s the case cool, draft Sarr but as @Mikey has pointed out several times most teams still play some variable of drop coverage which is true and drop coverage does still work in the nba. Wolves finished number 1 defense and ran into a matchup issue. To me there’s no right or wrong answer because both center styles are needed as @AHF recently stated. Therefore I don’t too much care who we draft as long as you get Sarr or Clingan. I have a preference for Clingan because of Trae but by no means do I dislike Sarr…I’m still high on sarr. Both obviously give you different skills that are needed. I wish we could draft sarr at 1 and then go get Edey at 10 or 11, that is my #1 preference regarding this whole thing  just like @Gray Mule

EVERYONE keeps trying to be right about this when the truth is no draftee is a do it all center.

Edited by JTB
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, JTB said:

Not true. Plenty still want Sarr including me but I want Sarr based on outcome of how we fair with the trades.

And you think this FO has vision enough to pull off trades that work with whomever they pick.  Good luck with that.  Clingan at one is a disastrous outcome to me. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, deester11 said:

And you think this FO has vision enough to pull off trades that work with whomever they pick.  Good luck with that.  Clingan at one is a disastrous outcome to me. 

I wouldn’t say disaster.  He will be a functional player, unlike another big a couple are fixated on.  He just will never have the value of the top overall pick.  

56 minutes ago, deester11 said:

I’m doing my best to stay faithful when it comes to this FO, yes!

The signing of Onsi Saleh added a lot of value for me as a fan since his last 6 years were with the spurs and warriors (5 with the spurs) and he served as a director of strategy and process, along with the role of chief of staff.

so he didn’t have a bullshit role and he’s obviously coming in to make sure we don’t mess up this huge opportunity.

As far as Clingan goes I don’t think he’s a disastrous pick. He may not be a flashy pick but definitely not disastrous.

22 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I wouldn’t say disaster.  He will be a functional player, unlike another big a couple are fixated on.  He just will never have the value of the top overall pick.  

Definitely love that other big we are fixated on too. Glad you brought him back up!

is he on your mind ? 

7 hours ago, thecampster said:

I don't agree, but I like your reasoning.

At least convince those teams you really might… see if they get jittery or not.  Trust your scouting…I’m not sure if I agree with my own statement. It was more a “cheeky” response.

• Premium Member

I have to add that if you doubt our FO at least give some credence to what Quin wants on his roster. He's a genius, literally, and he has developed players into superstars if they had the chops. If he is really high on any player it is enough for me, frankly, as a die hard fan that he knows what the hell he is doing.

• Like 2

No NBA championship since 1957-1958 season.  THIS is how you accomplish that.  Meanwhile teams like Golden State, Boston, Lakers,  possibly the Mavericks, Spurs, etc.  win championships, dismantle the team, then win another while the Hawks over there wanting to get rid of their first pick of the draft in 50 years and draft a Clingan.

200w.gif

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I have to add that if you doubt our FO at least give some credence to what Quin wants on his roster. He's a genius, literally, and he has developed players into superstars if they had the chops. If he is really high on any player it is enough for me, frankly, as a die hard fan that he knows what the hell he is doing.

No genius is taking Clingan at 1.  If Quin does that, I'd like for him and everybody with the Hawks to be fired and Trae to leave this clown show. 

They got one damn job.  Add top end talent with the number 1 pick and build out the rest of the roster with trades and the trade exception.

I think I'll be done with them if they draft Clingan at 1. After this last crappy season, they better improve this team.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, marco102 said:

No genius is taking Clingan at 1.  If Quin does that, I'd like for him and everybody with the Hawks to be fired and Trae to leave this clown show. 

They got one damn job.  Add top end talent with the number 1 pick and build out the rest of the roster with trades and the trade exception.

I think I'll be done with them if they draft Clingan at 1. After this last crappy season, they better improve this team.

Lmao..get em Marco.  True words.

• Like 2