• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

2 hours ago, KB21 said:

I understand why you want to diminish Sarr’s ability.  You’ve been told by someone that Clingan is their guy and are trying to build up justification for passing on the player with a higher upside.   You and the Hawks will be the ones who are wrong long-term.  I’m not wrong, and I won’t be wrong.  

I actually haven’t diminished sarr ability at all. If you remember I was arguing with you to supes about the idiotic sarr vs edey debate. In those arguments I said time and time again that sarr is no guarantee and he was a project but was way better fit and prospect than edey. That has been my stance this entire time. He has plenty of good things about him but he also has plenty of weakness. All of which YOU fail to acknowledge but yet compare him to the best prospect of last 15 years. If saying a guy isn’t wemby or Chet is diminishing him then you can say that but I’ve told you how it is from the start. You just have yet to acknowledge any of his weaknesses exists because to you he’s some sort of god. And since his archetype is wemby like I’ll be sure to make you hold him to wemby standards next season. Don’t run either

2 hours ago, KB21 said:

I understand why you want to diminish Sarr’s ability.  You’ve been told by someone that Clingan is their guy and are trying to build up justification for passing on the player with a higher upside.   You and the Hawks will be the ones who are wrong long-term.  I’m not wrong, and I won’t be wrong.  

I also didn’t say clingan is the guy. Just goes to show you don’t read what people right and are just trying to push agendas 

12 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Sarr is more Evan Mobley than anyone else. Mobley would be the no brainer #1 pick in this draft if he was in it.

Thanks Soth. This is my take. No damn brainer.  Applause.

40420F43-4FD8-46E4-BF98-5CEBE85C4E49.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Marvin24Williams said:

Man I'm just praying we don't draft Risacher lmao

Lmao....Your avatar gives me PTSD and I can't unsee it. Risacher is now on my list of don't draft because of you.  

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Blunt91 said:

Maybe Tari then, I  just don't want to move down for  just Clingan & a protected pick. 

Yeah thats more realistic..

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

I also didn’t say clingan is the guy. Just goes to show you don’t read what people right and are just trying to push agendas 

Something something about drop coverage something

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

Thanks for the info, good to know they haven't completely decided or ruled anything out. 

I can see the argument for any of Sarr, Clingan or Edey but I just don't get Risacher hype at all.

Dude isn't long, has small hands, a 31" vert and only weighed 195 lbs.  He missed 11 dunks this year.   Sure he shot well from 3 but it was more like a hot streak at the beginning of the season, I heard that he shot under 30% from 3 for like the last 30 games of the year.  He's not a good FT shooter, he's not a passer, doesn't really create off the dribble.  They have this guy ranked #1 over the others, and he's at most a 3/D guy who needs to gain a lot of weight and isn't very athletic?  I just don't get it.

There is a lot to like

6'10

Can defend multiple positions

Very good laterally

High BBIQ

High feel for the game

As an off ball player, has short and small movement in his package. Small movement is extremely hard to find. The Tony Snell. 

Shows flashes of long movement like Kyle and Klay but he's too weak atm 

While he can PDS, it's not at a high level but it's clearly visible 

He just fits everyone. Mikal Bridges was like this but better but Risacher is like this and 19. That's why teams are in love with him. 

19 year olds just don't look like this. They don't. I don't think he's special but I think he's impressive. Watching a damn kid master the Tony Snell, go a quarter without a touch and not lose any confidence is way harder to find than the casual thinks. He just impacts winning. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NBASupes dijo:

There is a lot going on behind the scenes. A lot. There is even a chance where Atlanta ends up with 1 and 3. There is a lot going on. A lot. 

I'll say this, Murray trade talks are extremely hot and there are teams interested that just wasn't even close or interested at the trade deadline 

There is a reason why Clingan has the interest he has. He's seen as the #1 or #2 best center on the market with Claxton and many see Claxton returning to Brooklyn so the gap between the next player regardless of draft, trade, or FA is considered massive. Regardless of what I personally think, Hartenstein is seen as the #3 guy and after that, it's all over the place, you got Edey, Jonas, CC, or even going potential like Missi or Ware that's the next option and the gap is seen as massive to execs. That's why Clingan is so high with teams.

While teams thought Atlanta was gonna tank and trade Trae to SA and it was a done deal. They have come to realize Atlanta isn't open to trading Trae without a clear overpay like Mikal and Brooklyn. From what I've gathered, no one is even close. That Trae market is similar to Murray which is two quality 1sts. Of course, Atlanta had no interest and even then, they want to make it work with Trae due to their personal love for him as well as business most importantly. 

Capela has a lot of interest just due to a dead market. A lot of teams have called about OO but it seems like outside of NO which has wings Atlanta covets, it doesn't seem like he's been in trade talks. There are 8 teams calling about CC. Last year, it was just Houston who had a deal with us and pulled out because Cam Whitmore fell to them. Teams more than ever need multiple centers so he's getting a lot of interest. 

It's no lie that Atlanta is targeting Clingan. Maybe it's a tad overrated based on what I've got this morning. He's not the #1 player on their current big board, Risacher is. He's not even #2 like I thought, Sarr is. He's just the #1 center and as I just mentioned, many teams see the gap between Claxton and Clingan to the next tier as massive regardless if I personally have Edey as the top overall guy. I was told that sentiment isn't shared by any team which I felt could change due to some of the private workouts. That said, I was told he is in the top 3 of some team's BB which makes me feel like okay, not everyone is a dipshit. 

Right now, Sarr is the top guy for most bad teams with Sheppard being the top guy for some other bad teams. Houston is the only team with Sheppard as the top guy and they aren't bad. Risacher is the #1 guy for most average to great teams. He's clearly the top dawg. No surprise, teams like wings who are NBA ready, can shoot, play smart, defend multiple positions and can play off the ball at a high level. Whereas bad teams want potential stars. They want a potential building block even if they are raw, they got time and patience. I do believe teams are higher on Risacher than I am. Based on the Intel on Sarr, many question his floor like I do. The Sarr takes are a lot closer to my takes than Hawksquawk.net or Hawks Twitter/Reddit. 

Also, Atlanta is not close to making a decision at 1. I was told it's going go be a more rigorous process this year than it was during the Trae draft just due to the players outside of Castle being cooperative to the Hawks. So Sarr fans, at first Sarr was one, then the execs and coaches got involved and he's now #2 with Clingan getting #2 pushes from the coaches. That said, I haven't heard he's done workouts yet and I've heard the Hawks are planning on multiple meetings with all the top prospects.

Trae has been a lean from what I've heard for Clingan. He wants a younger center who can set great screens, run the PnR, and make the game easier for him on both ends. Not just him making the game easier for them. 

Also, don't count Edey out of Atlanta. I haven't heard of any workouts or workout plans but Atlanta had seriously scouted him and Atlanta could be in the lottery twice is what I've heard. They want a center Edey is high on their BB. So while the Hawks best decision is unlikely, I am hoping it happens even when I know it's a long shot. 

Thanks for the info Supes, if after all these years lacking a true center, a true 7 footer, lacking size and defense on the post, suffering with big Centers on he paint…. If after all these years…. With the #1 pick we pass on 2 of the 3 best prospects, 2 real big players that can become dominant on the post to take another skinny and soft wing player…..I am probably done with these team, or at least will decrease the time I spend reading info about the Hawks. We passed on Chris Paul and Williams for Marvin, we traded Doncic for Trae, we traded Gasol for Shareef…. But this would be too much for me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

There is a lot going on behind the scenes. A lot. There is even a chance where Atlanta ends up with 1 and 3. There is a lot going on. A lot. 

I'll say this, Murray trade talks are extremely hot and there are teams interested that just wasn't even close or interested at the trade deadline 

There is a reason why Clingan has the interest he has. He's seen as the #1 or #2 best center on the market with Claxton and many see Claxton returning to Brooklyn so the gap between the next player regardless of draft, trade, or FA is considered massive. Regardless of what I personally think, Hartenstein is seen as the #3 guy and after that, it's all over the place, you got Edey, Jonas, CC, or even going potential like Missi or Ware that's the next option and the gap is seen as massive to execs. That's why Clingan is so high with teams.

While teams thought Atlanta was gonna tank and trade Trae to SA and it was a done deal. They have come to realize Atlanta isn't open to trading Trae without a clear overpay like Mikal and Brooklyn. From what I've gathered, no one is even close. That Trae market is similar to Murray which is two quality 1sts. Of course, Atlanta had no interest and even then, they want to make it work with Trae due to their personal love for him as well as business most importantly. 

Capela has a lot of interest just due to a dead market. A lot of teams have called about OO but it seems like outside of NO which has wings Atlanta covets, it doesn't seem like he's been in trade talks. There are 8 teams calling about CC. Last year, it was just Houston who had a deal with us and pulled out because Cam Whitmore fell to them. Teams more than ever need multiple centers so he's getting a lot of interest. 

It's no lie that Atlanta is targeting Clingan. Maybe it's a tad overrated based on what I've got this morning. He's not the #1 player on their current big board, Risacher is. He's not even #2 like I thought, Sarr is. He's just the #1 center and as I just mentioned, many teams see the gap between Claxton and Clingan to the next tier as massive regardless if I personally have Edey as the top overall guy. I was told that sentiment isn't shared by any team which I felt could change due to some of the private workouts. That said, I was told he is in the top 3 of some team's BB which makes me feel like okay, not everyone is a dipshit. 

Right now, Sarr is the top guy for most bad teams with Sheppard being the top guy for some other bad teams. Houston is the only team with Sheppard as the top guy and they aren't bad. Risacher is the #1 guy for most average to great teams. He's clearly the top dawg. No surprise, teams like wings who are NBA ready, can shoot, play smart, defend multiple positions and can play off the ball at a high level. Whereas bad teams want potential stars. They want a potential building block even if they are raw, they got time and patience. I do believe teams are higher on Risacher than I am. Based on the Intel on Sarr, many question his floor like I do. The Sarr takes are a lot closer to my takes than Hawksquawk.net or Hawks Twitter/Reddit. 

Also, Atlanta is not close to making a decision at 1. I was told it's going go be a more rigorous process this year than it was during the Trae draft just due to the players outside of Castle being cooperative to the Hawks. So Sarr fans, at first Sarr was one, then the execs and coaches got involved and he's now #2 with Clingan getting #2 pushes from the coaches. That said, I haven't heard he's done workouts yet and I've heard the Hawks are planning on multiple meetings with all the top prospects.

Trae has been a lean from what I've heard for Clingan. He wants a younger center who can set great screens, run the PnR, and make the game easier for him on both ends. Not just him making the game easier for them. 

Also, don't count Edey out of Atlanta. I haven't heard of any workouts or workout plans but Atlanta had seriously scouted him and Atlanta could be in the lottery twice is what I've heard. They want a center Edey is high on their BB. So while the Hawks best decision is unlikely, I am hoping it happens even when I know it's a long shot. 

Risacher #1 on their BIg Board? smh

There are like 5-7 guys Id take before him..

Just take Clingan if that's the case...Geez

Hopefully its just a smokescreen to get someone to move up for him...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 3

Thanks for the information @NBASupes

It seems plausible that Murray could be traded before or during the draft, and I understand the Hawks' strategy. Despite Trae's shortcomings, he remains an offensive powerhouse, and with the right support, he could become an even better version of himself.

• Like 3