• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Moderators
Just now, KB21 said:

If they have Risacher that high, I just don’t agree with it.  Risacher is the definition of average across the board.  Average size.  Average length.  Average shooting.  Average ball handling.  Average athlete.  Below average passer.  Average defense.  He doesn’t have a single elite trait.  

I’m not going to write him off making a big leap but this is also my concern with him.  I just don’t see enough.

I will say that I have heard commentary that he has a real strong feel for the game.  That is a bit undercut by his lack of passing and free throw rate but does give him a plus in the intangibles for me.  Just not enough to be 1 on my board right now.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, KB21 said:

If they have Risacher that high, I just don’t agree with it.  Risacher is the definition of average across the board.  Average size.  Average length.  Average shooting.  Average ball handling.  Average athlete.  Below average passer.  Average defense.  He doesn’t have a single elite trait.  

Cap

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Hence my French Vanilla nickname for him. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

Hence my French Vanilla nickname for him. 

He needs to be a 40 plus percent three-point shooter and lock down defender to be worth it.  

• Like 4

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

He needs to be a 40 plus percent three-point shooter and lock down defender to be worth it.  

That ft% worries me as far as his jumper.  He is young, though.  It isn’t a huge stretch given his performance last season.  Other areas worry me more.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Wretch said:

As if the people who "do this for a living" don't royally screw this process up year in and year out - while at the same time, us unqualified "couch coaches" had all of our facts, stats, and observations in order and knew exactly what to do.  At the end of the day, the front office has more resources to make educated guesses just like the rest of us.  They're still just guessing just like the rest of us.

I actually believe the drafting hasn’t been the problem in recent years: Trae, JC, Huerter, Jalen, etc.  Even Bufkin, MoG, and AJ were good picks.  Hunter, OO, Cam were not bad picks either.  You can’t hit every year.

There have been bigger problems elsewhere.   

7 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I said when they got the 1st pick the Hawks would screw it up and take the wrong Frenchman.  Looks like that's coming to fruition. 

Yeah I kinda wish we were still at #10........😂

LF and the Hawks are gonna get killed by Fans/media if he picks the wrong guy 1st overall.... 

And with our luck, the #2 pick will turn into a Star.. lol

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member

I am vehemently against Risacher being the pick.  Of course I could be wrong but he has so many obstacles to overcome.  Not even 195 lbs, can't jump, small hands, etc.  He's going to have to drastically improve his skillset to become a really good player.  

I just don't see why you wouldn't draft the freak that is Sarr.  If he does nothing but add more strength and weight he's going to be an all-star IMO, especially playing with Trae and JJ who both share the ball so well.

Can you imagine having both JJ/Sarr as lob threats?  And both of those guys can rebound and take the ball coast to coast.  That would be an insane combo.

• Like 3