• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

It's interesting that no one is coming out and saying that the Hawks covet Alex Sarr while continuing to project him to the Hawks in a large majority of the mock drafts.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Hawkish said:

He obviously has good timing and instincts.  His feet do look quite slow, heavy.

His feet are slow to an extent, but they are clearly faster than the other big a few on here like in this draft.  

2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

His feet are slow to an extent, but they are clearly faster than the other big a few on here like in this draft.  

I like him as a player.  It is just odd to me that there may be times where the #1 pick may not be on the floor in crucial moments.  Also, I didn’t watch much basketball this year. I only saw what appeared to be Gobert struggling a bit in the playoffs.  The advanced metrics may suggest otherwise.  

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

For us, there is a big drop off from 3 to 4 assuming we have legit interest in Sarr, Risacher, and Clingan.  Not getting one of them would be a very different draft.  This makes any trade with SA much more complicated than the Dallas trade where we still got the guy we wanted at #5.

This. IF the Hawks have all 3 players in a particular order or not, my thinking is they want one of the 3.  Trading to 4 would not work unless Sheppard is somehow taken at 3.  Anything less would be..a less attractive outcome than any of us imagined.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, deester11 said:

This. IF the Hawks have all 3 players in a particular order or not, my thinking is they want one of the 3.  Trading to 4 would not work unless Sheppard is somehow taken at 3.  Anything less would be..a less attractive outcome than any of us imagined.  

I think there's a lot of uncertainty with this draft that maybe you make that trade if Clingan is still available at 4.  Ideally, you could get Clingan and Holland which gives you a more sure thing (Clingan) and a high-upside swing (Holland), but guys that both project to be solid defenders with size, which clearly this team needs all we can get of. 

7 minutes ago, deester11 said:

anything_less-gif.207520

• Premium Member

If we trade down for 4 and 8, and I stress if, there would be another trade lined up with Houston to get up to #3 so we could take Clingan.  #4 and AJ for #3 is fair value.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

don’t know if this was posted but here….

Man, give us a little credit, DW. 😉

Kidding.  I think KB posted this a while back.  Smells more like other organizations stuff, honestly. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Sothron said:

If we trade down for 4 and 8, and I stress if, there would be another trade lined up with Houston to get up to #3 so we could take Clingan.  #4 and AJ for #3 is fair value.

Ah, so you are hearing that they are likely to keep the pick.  

20 minutes ago, Dragitoff said:

I think there's a lot of uncertainty with this draft that maybe you make that trade if Clingan is still available at 4.  Ideally, you could get Clingan and Holland which gives you a more sure thing (Clingan) and a high-upside swing (Holland), but guys that both project to be solid defenders with size, which clearly this team needs all we can get of. 

Agree.  I think you take Risasher at 1 and only make the trade if Clingan is available at 4.  If not, you stick with Risasher.

• Sad 2