• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

I promise I'm not trying to pick a fight here, and I'm trying to be very open to ALL of our options at the top of the draft, but every time I see Sarr I get nightmares of Skal Labissiere going through my head.  Both had similar measurables, with seemingly similar playstyles... mobile bigs who can defend in space and protect the rim, but with perimeter-oriented, finesse style offensive games.  Someone please convince me that Sarr isn't gonna be another Skal.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Skal? Skal couldn’t guard a 🪑. Have you seen Sarr play D? Skal wasn’t a strong dude in any way shape or form. He couldn’t rebound, he couldn’t dribble. This comparison is mind boggling to me.

Too late :boxing:gon hit me wit Skal comon bady! You’re better n dat! 

I think it's a pretty reasonable comparison, honestly.  Here's a side by side comparison of Sarr's and Skal's draft profile on nbadraft.net:

image.png.ca2eac36a5eabd14a85d4034252b339e.png
image.png.4015baff8fa52acf1c845877ad74039e.png

And for what it's worth, I'm not anti-Sarr... but this has supreme bust potential in my eyes, although obviously his tools are very intriguing.

Edited by Phunkabilly
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

supes and other insiders is this true?????!!!!

This sounds highly speculative and not based on any information. They're supposing that they could be parting ways just because we got the number one pick and just because Trae changed representation. This appears to be a real nothing burger.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So he thinks we should trade both our PGs. :blanky:

Doesn't help us win or rebuild, considering those picks are mid-20s most likely.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So he thinks we should trade both our PGs. :blanky:

It's like do people even think anymore?   Or do they assume none of their followers think things through?

With Atlanta "more likely to hit the reset button" , blah, blah, blah.  Like, really?  How so?  In a draft with no franchise player they decide to reset?  Does he think that makes sense?  It's pretty disingenuous, at best. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, Jdawgflow said:

image.gif

Yeah folks gotta be smarter with their clicks.

Hawks "appear" to be this.  They're "likely" to do that.  They "could" do this or that.  

Is there a sourced report here?  No, just his carefully crafted opinion designed for clix. 

He doesn't even believe anything he wrote so why should any of us bother to read it? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

So QS does indeed like Donovan Clingon. I imagine with a young front office, Quin's opinion carries a lot of weight. 

Agree! Likely the FO is also sold on Synders thoughts. It don’t shock me at all that Clingan is a Synder favorite either.

Im sure Synder sees Rudy Gobert in him all over again but with a better offensive game.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JTB said:

Agree! Likely the FO is also sold on Synders thoughts. It don’t shock me at all that Clingan is a Synder favorite either.

Im sure Synder sees Rudy Gobert in him all over again but with a better offensive game.

It's looking more and more like Clingon or Risacher is going to be the pick if we stay at #1. There were reports QS really likes Clingon and Dan Hurley just confirmed that in the interview. 

• Like 1

Just now, bleachkit said:

It's looking more and more like Clingon or Risacher is going to be the pick if we stay at #1. There were reports QS really likes Clingon and Dan Hurley just confirmed that in the interview. 

This franchise is cooked:ahf:

• Sad 1