• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

"If the Hawks trade down, UConn center Donovan Clingan could be their target after he impressed the team in a private workout last week. Even if the Hawks stay put, Clingan could still be their first choice, with G League Ignite forward Matas Buzelis being a dark horse candidate."

My Sources(just trust me) said Buzelis really impressed the Hawks....

Its gonna be Clingan then trade up for Buzelis....

I'm Calling it now....😀

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, KB21 said:

Trade Trae and get ready for a very long process of rebuilding.  There isn’t a deal available for Trae that either makes us better now or gives us the capital to adequately replace him.  Whatever team Trae is traded to will not be in the lottery anytime soon.  The Hawks do not have control over their own picks for the next three drafts.  No matter who they take at #1, it’s not a player who is of Trae’s caliber.  

Amen to that! 
I think the majority of the fan base knows trading Trae Young is the dumbest decision the FO can do. It honestly shouldn’t cross their minds.

you don’t trade generational talent like Trae and he is that even if it’s just on one end of the floor.

18 hours ago, KB21 said:

Trade Trae and get ready for a very long process of rebuilding.  There isn’t a deal available for Trae that either makes us better now or gives us the capital to adequately replace him.  Whatever team Trae is traded to will not be in the lottery anytime soon.  The Hawks do not have control over their own picks for the next three drafts.  No matter who they take at #1, it’s not a player who is of Trae’s caliber.  

Amen to that! 
I think the majority of the fan base knows trading Trae Young is the dumbest decision the FO can do. It honestly shouldn’t cross their minds.

you don’t trade generational talent like Trae and he is that even if it’s just on one end of the floor.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
45 minutes ago, terrell said:

"If the Hawks trade down, UConn center Donovan Clingan could be their target after he impressed the team in a private workout last week. Even if the Hawks stay put, Clingan could still be their first choice, with G League Ignite forward Matas Buzelis being a dark horse candidate."

My Sources(just trust me) said Buzelis really impressed the Hawks....

Its gonna be Clingan then trade up for Buzelis....

I'm Calling it now....😀

Only time I saw Buzelis was in the all star game rookie/prospect game.  he was the best player on the court from what I remember.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Clingan is more than a defensive player. His offensive metrics are actually really good. You guys that are so fixated on Sarr need to give Clingan a fair appraisal. He even was shooting almost 70% from the FT stripe his last 16 games in college so his shooting is getting better.

I think we are more likely to trade down than to stay at #1. There are several teams now calling us about the #1 pick with real trade interest. This is exactly what the FO wanted: real interest in #1 which they could use to get good deals.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Clingan is more than a defensive player. His offensive metrics are actually really good. You guys that are so fixated on Sarr need to give Clingan a fair appraisal. He even was shooting almost 70% from the FT stripe his last 16 games in college so his shooting is getting better.

I think we are more likely to trade down than to stay at #1. There are several teams now calling us about the #1 pick with real trade interest. This is exactly what the FO wanted: real interest in #1 which they could use to get good deals.

Any chance at a starter and a high pick for #1?

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

Any chance at a starter and a high pick for #1?

More likely two picks in this draft. Spurs and Portland.

I also expect the following players to be ex-Hawks before next season:

Murray

Hunter

Capela

AJ

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

More likely two picks in this draft. Spurs and Portland.

I also expect the following players to be ex-Hawks before next season:

Murray

Hunter

Capela

AJ

Big difference between 4/8 and 7/14…

• Like 2

• Premium Member

So with this new threat of the Hawks taking Clingan #1 overall, who are they trying to squeeze?  Is it the Wizards, Rockets, or Spurs?  Because if the Hawks don't take him #1, I don't believe he gets picked until after #5.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Sothron said:

We're not advocating different other than at 1, we like Sarr.  This team hasn't swung for the fence in ever.  Damn the "safe" pick. It's never amounted to shyt for this franchise.  

• Like 4