• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

Utah? Lauri? No. I’d rather have Sarr. Even in a trade back, the Lauri and Ingram route won’t move the meter to me. It’s gotta be impactful dudes who are clutch and can defend. I don’t hate Lauri but I wouldn’t touch that one.

• Like 3

Just now, capstone21 said:

The key word there is defend.  We need defenders 

Ya I want the Smart’s and @kg01’s Melton’s his heart 💜’s and guys like that. Ingram isn’t gonna do it I doubt. I’d rather have dudes who impact winning. Heck I’d rather have Caruso over Ingram.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I really want Sarr and by all accounts it looks like we aren’t looking to get him. Hoping we’re doing a bait and switch but I’ve resigned myself to be disappointed. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, aali34 said:

I really want Sarr and by all accounts it looks like we aren’t looking to get him. Hoping we’re doing a bait and switch but I’ve resigned myself to be disappointed. 

Don’t believe a single rumor.

an entire niche industry is based on making nba fan fiction seem real enough to create clicks and interest

literally people’s livelihoods are based on creating false rumors in order to generate interest in their articles

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 4

• Premium Member

At least the Hawks are succeeding with the confusion campaign.  It doesn't mean they'll get the decision right, but at least they've got people guessing.

• Like 4

Getting Lauri makes sense if you are also getting Clingan.  They are two 7-footers but their skills mesh well together.  

Trading the 1st pick in a deal to get him doesn’t make sense, because Lauri by himself does nothing to improve the defense.  

Any trade needs to be based around Murray going to Utah and Lauri coming to Atlanta.  

• Like 3

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, tyjcdh112012 said:

Any truth to these Zach langley tweets @Sothron?

Yes. All I can say. I full expect either a trade down to get Clingan, trade for star or taking Clingan #1.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Getting Lauri makes sense if you are also getting Clingan.  They are two 7-footers but their skills mesh well together.  

Trading the 1st pick in a deal to get him doesn’t make sense, because Lauri by himself does nothing to improve the defense.  

Any trade needs to be based around Murray going to Utah and Lauri coming to Atlanta.  

How about Hunter + #1 for Lauri + #10? 😀

18 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Yes. All I can say. I full expect either a trade down to get Clingan, trade for star or taking Clingan #1.

Anything about the report that Sarr has not worked out for the Hawks and that Bill Duffy is steering him away from the Hawks?

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

More follow up:

image.png.0e8e29fb1b2ea861720034fe862ad28d.png

He mentioned Clingan as a trade back scenario, but could also be the #1 overall pick.  

Hoping Quin and Kyle see some potential in Clingans shot that I’m not seeing

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The issue with a BI trade is that his agent is telling anybody who will listen that it is going to cost a full max to keep BI beyond 2025. He is convinced someone will give it to him, and wont extend for anything less than that.

So you're believing what that guy McNamara is posting on X?  He has no connections within NBA circles, just likes to stir the pot.

55 minutes ago, tyjcdh112012 said:

Any truth to these Zach langley tweets @Sothron?

I told you all, all of this a week + ago. And more and more people today like bloghawks and Jonesy who does pod appearances with Brad Rowland and Glen Willis have been putting out what I told you guys about Sarr wanting Washington. It’s hilarious how many youngins don’t know about Bill Duffy. clingan or Zac will be a hawk next Wednesday most likely Clingan 

26 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Anything about the report that Sarr has not worked out for the Hawks and that Bill Duffy is steering him away from the Hawks?

You don’t trust me KB?

• Premium Member

If true, Sarr steering clear of the Hawks is dissapointing.  I understand if he and his camp are adamant about him not playing center.  But, it's still dissapointing.