2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

Yes. All I can say. I full expect either a trade down to get Clingan, trade for star or taking Clingan #1.

giphy.gif&ehk=F3Vavyp8oV3ahRO7FQuMEZJSdU

But seriously, why? I don't see Clingan coming in and moving the needle to get us into the top 6, and we have to deal with Utah, who probably wants a hundred picks. This team sometimes really gets on my nerves.

• Thanks 1

I still think is going to be Sarr, however if is Clingan I will not be mad. A step in the right direction. I hope they can trade back and take a project at 8, hopefully Buzelis, Knetch or Holland.

Is also funny how this FA market provides a lot of solutions for this team, players that could be signed cheap, fit the team's need and would increase a lot the team performance. Delon Wright, D Anthony Melton, Gary Harris, Lonnie Walker, Covington, Jae Crowder, Royce ONeal,  Bullock, Marshall, Nwora, Drummond, Bamba. You can find a lot of defense, size and shooting there and I think they can be signed cheap. You add Melton, Covington and Drummond to this team and you get +10 wins. I am completely sure we Will not sign any of this players.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

There's a lot of asshatery going on. Considering Sarr has stated he has no problem being drafted by the Hawks. If the Hawks haven't forced a workout or been told no, it is malfeasance at its best. I'm not surprised.  Clingan at one..I want him if not Sarr but at one is a letdown FOR ME. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I still think is going to be Sarr, however if is Clingan I will not be mad. A step in the right direction. I hope they can trade back and take a project at 8, hopefully Buzelis, Knetch or Holland.

Is also funny how this FA market provides a lot of solutions for this team, players that could be signed cheap, fit the team's need and would increase a lot the team performance. Delon Wright, D Anthony Melton, Gary Harris, Lonnie Walker, Covington, Jae Crowder, Royce ONeal,  Bullock, Marshall, Nwora, Drummond, Bamba. You can find a lot of defense, size and shooting there and I think they can be signed cheap. You add Melton, Covington and Drummond to this team and you get +10 wins. I am completely sure we Will not sign any of this players.

Free agency is underrated. You can find solid role players. Danny Ferry had an excellent eye for under the radar free agent role players. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

The Lauri stuff is likely smoke imo.  The Hawks would have to trade the #1 pick to get him.  He also plays the same position as Jalen.  I still think the Hawks end up taking Risacher at #1, potentially for someone else.

• Like 3

Is also funny how this FA market provides a lot of solutions for this team, players that could be signed cheap, fit the team's need and would increase a lot the team performance. Delon Wright, D Anthony Melton, Gary Harris, Lonnie Walker, Covington, Jae Crowder, Royce ONeal,  Bullock, Marshall, Nwora, Drummond, Bamba. You can find a lot of defense, size and shooting there and I think they can be signed cheap. You add Melton, Naji Marshall or Robert Covinfton and Drummond or Bamba to this team and you get +10 wins. I am completely sure we will not sign any of this players.

Trae Young/Bufkin

Melton/Bogi/Knetch

Hunter/Marshall/Gueye

JJ/Bey/Gueye

Clingan/Drummond/OO

And I am not even counting on DJM or Capela that I think will be traded.

Edited by gurpilo

16 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

If true, Sarr steering clear of the Hawks is dissapointing.  I understand if he and his camp are adamant about him not playing center.  But, it's still dissapointing.

https://andscape.com/features/potential-no-1-draft-pick-alexandre-sarr-excited-about-chance-to-play-for-atlanta-hawks/

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, terrell said:

Fully aware of what he said in the aftermath of the lottery results.  And honestly, he's not going to say anything negative publicly about the Hawks or any other team.  However, there appears to now be alot of chatter out there that his camp doesn't want him in Atlanta.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Fully aware of what he said in the aftermath of the lottery results.  And honestly, he's not going to say anything negative publicly about the Hawks or any other team.  However, there appears to now be alot of chatter out there that his camp doesn't want him in Atlanta.

Whose freaking chatter? The insiders say he worked out.....hmmm.  I call bs on something.IMG_4850.gif.41b72d4cfd67ca4852aa13b807d4f3fc.gif

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Birdsfan said:

So you're believing what that guy McNamara is posting on X?  He has no connections within NBA circles, just likes to stir the pot.

Believing? No.  It's the season of rumors.

Besides this rumor has already been floating that BI is looking for a max contract since the trade deadline.

Which 'Birdfan' are you? Hawks or Pelicans?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NekiEcko said:

giphy.gif&ehk=F3Vavyp8oV3ahRO7FQuMEZJSdU

But seriously, why? I don't see Clingan coming in and moving the needle to get us into the top 6, and we have to deal with Utah, who probably wants a hundred picks. This team sometimes really gets on my nerves.

Tbf I said star not necessarily Lauri. Utah is in a tough spot. They should blow everything up and just tank but they want to be competitive and try and rebuild. It is hard to do that. Trading Lauri with Danny running that franchise would be costly. I like Lauri as a player but he's the same position as Jalen. I don't think he's worth the cost to acquire.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

I cannot speak about workouts. Complete ban on sharing that.

Sarr very much wants to go to the Wizards. He wants to go a place where there is no pressure on him finding a position to fit into the NBA with and allowing him to grow and make mistakes along the way.

The Hawks are not that place. So yes, he is being steered to the Wizards or another situation like that. 

Thankfully the Hawks hold all the cards. We can absolutely threaten any team with the #1 pick to simply take whoever they want and hold them hostage for a package. Or simply take a guy that has value/interest and make a separate trade to get into the lottery to get who we want ie Clingan.

The hawks absolutely need talent on this team and I do think they should keep the no1 pick and take somebody. I think it's going to be either Sarr/Risacher and depending were Clingan lands in the lottery they will try to trade for him. I don't know about taking Clingan number 1

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sothron said:

I cannot speak about workouts.

Fortunately, as an Outsider, I can speak on workouts.

I hate em.  Can we all just get surgery like civilized humans.  Why subject yourself to all that pain and ... work? *shudders*

When the archeologists dig up the fossils of our workout gyms, they're gonna conclude that human torture chambers existed in our society.

But seriously, on Sarr, if he wants the Zards then good luck to him.  That's a dead franchise poised to do nothing but be a doormat for the foreseeable future.

For folks that don't see Clingan as being a needle-mover, I totally get that.  I'd encourage folks to look at the offseason as a whole and whatever we do draft-wise as just a piece of that puzzle.  To be fair, that was always going to be the case based on the nature of this year's draft.

Edited by kg01
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

But seriously, on Sarr, if he wants the Zards then good luck to him.  That's a dead franchise poised to do nothing but be a doormat for the foreseeable future.

I was just thinking him going to the Wizards means he will be closer to his floor than his ceiling.  He gets to learn from Kuz and Poole.

• Like 1