• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

The answer to every question is basically yes.   And most aren't yes/no questions.

Only specific i found in the whole thing was they value BBIQ and shooting.  

The pick is dealt or it's Risacher then. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Prepare yourself.  I'm really not looking forward to the draft.  They are going to draft some safe pick and not do anything that they should be doing to make the team better. 

The way I looked at this is you take the pick you think will ultimately be the best player which will give you long term upside as a team. Then use your trade assets to fix the team needs immediately and get better fits on the roster. 

What I've been reading is the Hawks want to draft a safe pick and then be happy with that.  Then hope and pray they can get  Lauri.  Because yeah that's going to fix this atrocious defense they've been trotting out the past few years.

There is a lot of hyperbole and sarcasm in my post, but I'm sick and tired of reading about all the crap that's not going to happen. 

I thought I'd look at the Wizards boards for giggles and damn if I'm not giggling at their view on the Hawks.  They ain't even hating, just stating things about the Hawks that are..saddening for a lack of better words. They are saying..no way they pass up Sarr, but here we are.

At the risk of beating a dead horse...I still say Sarr should be the pick, trades be damned. I have no faith we'd get fair value anyway.  Shape the team using your trade chips and the draft is a moot point. Short and long term vision...it really is a thing. Damn me for my loyalty...2 years...that's what Trae is looking at.  Sigh 

IMG_5641.gif

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I recommend taking Tyler Herro, but I was told by the board that Cam with his length and athleticism was a better choice. To some basketball stats don't matter apparently, just how long your arms are. 

Lies detected.  It was because Cam grew 2 inches and added the obligatory 15 lbs of solid muscle in the offseason.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Kristen Peek 👀 aaaa boo 👻 go away..

Risacher sucks!  #smokescreen

https://sports.yahoo.com/2024-nba-mock-draft-90-a-new-name-in-the-mix-at-no-1-plus-the-latest-projections-for-every-pick-142340610.html

1. Atlanta Hawks

Zaccharie Risacher, G/F

Ht./Wt.: 6-9, 204 pounds | JL Bourg (France)

Risacher finished his season in the LNB Pro A playoffs on a high note and carried that into a strong showing at the European NBA Draft combine two weeks ago. He is currently stateside working out for a few teams, including the Hawks. One of the most improved players over the past year, Risacher has a ton of upside.

GET OUTTA HERE LADY 👩 WE AINT BUYIN YOUR SOAP 🧼!!! 😡 

IMG_5516.thumb.jpeg.3f0a7e5ea1a96da7a70fee73f9ecf41d.jpeg

From now on, media makes a dumb mock thee faces go on the wall of squawk.

• Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Lies detected.  It was because Cam grew 2 inches and added the obligatory 15 lbs of solid muscle in the offseason.

I would take Cam over Herro today. Herro is overrated to me. He’s inconsistent and doesn’t play D. Doesn’t really play well within the system and is a selfish lil prick.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I liked Sam Vecenie's take on what he'd try to do if he was in Landry's shoes.  It was on Locked on podcast that released today.  He said he'd offer #1 to Washington for #2 and #26 and then try to Training Day the picks until he got the players he wanted.  Stated that was only because of the lack of defined tiers in this draft.  That strategy only makes any sense if you truly aren't head-over-hills crazy about Sarr or Risacher and truly wanted Clingan or others. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Dragitoff said:

I liked Sam Vecenie's take on what he'd try to do if he was in Landry's shoes.  It was on Locked on podcast that released today.  He said he'd offer #1 to Washington for #2 and #26 and then try to Training Day the picks until he got the players he wanted.  Stated that was only because of the lack of defined tiers in this draft.  That strategy only makes any sense if you truly aren't head-over-hills crazy about Sarr or Risacher and truly wanted Clingan or others. 

I wouldn't be trying to get more picks in this draft.  If you can get more picks in next year's draft then yes.  Then you can package those picks for an upgrade to the roster while getting a player you covet. 

I don't understand them wanting Clingan so badly, but if that's their choice then I'd try to get future draft picks while moving down. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I wouldn't be trying to get more picks in this draft.  If you can get more picks in next year's draft then yes.  Then you can package those picks for an upgrade to the roster while getting a player you covet. 

I don't understand them wanting Clingan so badly, but if that's their choice then I'd try to get future draft picks while moving down. 

I think that was his point.  Keep trying to get package it to get more (and/or future) assets since there's no one in this draft that stands out as a top-tier talent.  If they truly like Clingan as their guy, do you want to pay him as a #1 guy or possibly trade down a few spots and pay him at #3 or later as well as have another asset?  I'm not saying Clingan is the best prospect, or even that the Hawks think that.  They might view him as a "safe" pick due to his floor, but at #1, that could be heavily viewed as a wasted pick.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I’m prepared for the usual Landry statement “We looked at a number of different options to improve the team but in the end decided that there weren’t any moves that made sense. We’re very excited to bring back our core and add this year’s draft pick while developing from within the organization.” Lol

Damn you for being spot on.

IMG_4793.gif

I see potential floor spacing issues, but I'm very intrigued with how much the defense would improve by adding Clingan and Ryan Dunn.  They might be able to get Dunn at 26 if they moved down to 2 with Washington.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I see potential floor spacing issues, but I'm very intrigued with how much the defense would improve by adding Clingan and Ryan Dunn.  They might be able to get Dunn at 26 if they moved down to 2 with Washington.  

Floor spacing issues is an understatement.. 😀

But yeah I think a good player could be found at 26...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Just a reminder in the recent past 

Screenshot_20240617_080750_Samsung Internet.jpg

Dell Curry also didn't want Steph to go to the Warriors.

To the Hawks:  If he's your guy, you take your guy.

They aren't going to let an agency or player's preference keep them from drafting someone. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This guy is a fantastic defender!  This is different than when Hunter was at UVA.  Hunter was a good positional defender, but he never racked up blocks and steals like Dunn.  Dunn is a defensive playmaker.  He's the type of guy you want hounding perimeter players and giving you secondary rim protection.  You get Clingan and Dunn, and teams are going to struggle to score against this team.  

• Like 3

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, KB21 said:

This guy is a fantastic defender!  This is different than when Hunter was at UVA.  Hunter was a good positional defender, but he never racked up blocks and steals like Dunn.  Dunn is a defensive playmaker.  He's the type of guy you want hounding perimeter players and giving you secondary rim protection.  You get Clingan and Dunn, and teams are going to struggle to score against this team.  

Dunn is the best POA defender in the draft. He also has elite athletic measurements as well. The only problem is he can't shoot at all. If we got him and could surround him with shooters for the spacing and just had him attack the basket with cuts it would make sense.

Clingan and Dunn would frankly change our entire team's identity. That's the two best defenders in this draft at our two weakest defensive positions. 

• Like 2