• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

38 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Here's my question though...Trae is all about wanting to win now. How quickly is SAS going to pivot to make that a reality particularly when they prefer to take a 'not skipping steps approach?'  

How patient will Trae be as they develop Wemby their way.

Trae | Vassell | Sochan | Wemby + money to spend is winning now

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Sure hop in

image.gif.55df08171b0e837aeb6550814ba351c7.gif

Drive!  Drive!

Wait, the call's comin' from inside the van!

Who knew soth was Freddie Krueger's understudy?

We're doomed! 

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

It was back in like January, pretty sure it was posted here.  It was something like “Trae would be open to pairing up with Victor Wembenyama, if traded”.  Nothing too crazy

Headlines don't match the actual article but here:

https://soaringdownsouth.com/posts/hawks-young-open-trade-spurs-wembanyama

https://www.actionnetwork.com/nba/nba-trade-intel-dejounte-murray-trae-young-intrigue

Also Trae has since changed his representation

The Atlanta Hawks

We'll get to Dejounte Murray, but I want to start with Trae Young.

I have heard the absolute extremes on where the Hawks are at with Young:

• "Everything is on the table" as Adrian Wojnarowski recently reported, and Young's representation would be open to a very selectively chosen new home for the All-Star.
  • The Hawks are open to trading "anything but Young" and he's the one guy ownership will not give up.

Shams Charania of The Athletic reported this week that the Spurs have an interest in trading for Murray after dealing him two years ago for five first-round picks. (Pretty smart, you get a point guard back and you make the team that owes you five picks worse.)

Charania noted that Murray is under contract, so the Spurs have the leverage. However, there are indications Murray doesn't have significant interest in returning to the Spurs.

A more interesting question is if the Spurs and Hawks would have interest in a deal for Young. League sources have suggested that Young's camp would be open — if he is traded, which is a significant clause here — to pairing Young with Victor Wembanyama. The two teams have already done a big trade for Murray, obviously, and Atlanta would surely be interested in getting back some of the draft picks it sent the Spurs for Murray.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Kinda makes sense though, they’d need to know fan sentiment around trading the franchise player, and if they are trading him, slow leaking rumors to prepare the fan base.  I don’t get the privacy around draft workouts though.

I think this  isn't going to violate anyone's sources sense of trust to talk about this.

Teams hide their workout lists for a variety of reasons. 

Any information a team has on another team is ammo they can use in future dealings. If you know what kind of players teams bring in for workouts you can start to figure out what that team values in players. You can see what range they think they are going to draft in. Are they giving out a "we'll take you if you are here at X" promises which literally happens all the time. Are they only bringing in a handful of players if they have a high lottery pick?

With the Hawks this year specifically you can tell by the leaks in the media who the confirmed workouts are so far and yes, there have been secret not confirmed to the media workouts as well. Why does this matter for us, right now?

We only have one pick in the entire draft. We have the first pick. Why would the Hawks work out a lot (and it is a lot) of players with only the first pick in the draft? It tells other team the Hawks are open to doing business at trading down or possibly making another trade to get another pick in the draft.

If  you are working teams into trying to trade for your #1 pick you want to touch all the players you can. Make everyone worried we might take THEIR guy. If you are another team and you think "the Hawks are only going to take Alex Sarr" well crap, you (the Hawks) just lost any leverage in trade talks. 

If, though, other teams see a wide variety of players being worked out...see above. Now you have teams worried what the Hawks are thinking. How much more if you are a high lottery team would you be willing to get YOUR guy with the #1 pick? 

All this sounds like Secret Squirrel hijinks but it really does matter. There's a reason you haven't seen me really blow up with talks about things going on. Or @thecampster or @NBASupes . 

Someone asked earlier for tidbits. I gave tidbits. There might be more than two serious trade offers for Trae. I've only heard of two and one of those is the Spurs. I don't mind sharing that because it was reported here first and then later by outside media months earlier that Trae wouldn't be opposed to a trade to the Spurs. 

• Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Sothron said:

All this sounds like Secret Squirrel hijinks but it really does matter. There's a reason you haven't seen me really blow up with talks about things going on. Or @thecampster or @NBASupes . 

Someone asked earlier for tidbits. I gave tidbits. There might be more than two serious trade offers for Trae. I've only heard of two and one of those is the Spurs. I don't mind sharing that because it was reported here first and then later by outside media months earlier that Trae wouldn't be opposed to a trade to the Spurs. 

This is a bummer to me…big time!

If you trade away Trae you are setting your franchise back for 10 years. Not only that…why do this in a draft year that doesn’t have a standout #1 pick!

I’m sorry but hawks are losing any Trae to the spurs trade. Getting picks back for Trae even if unprotected does nothing for us in my opinion. It would be a full rebuild mode…

kind of hard to imagine what a good trade is for Trae with the spurs when you know you can’t get back wemby ….so how on earth is it a good trade for our franchise cornerstone??….Cause we get back assets?…don’t nobody give a damn about those picks!

not asking for you to share anymore info @Sothron….but trading Trae makes this #1 pick underwhelming!

Now that I think about it….is this why sarr doesn’t want to come to Atlanta ?….they threw out the idea that Trae may not be here in Atlanta for him to play with ?

again not asking for more info to be shared just sharing my own personal thoughts. We are in the most important offseason of Atlantas history because our franchise cornerstone has 1 year left and it’s sounding like we are just going to reset instead of add.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just another little tidbit that maybe we have all forgotten about IF WE GIVE AWAY TRAE….no matter how you slice it, any Trae trade is a giveaway in my opinion. It says we failed to put a team around a generational offensive talent and signals that Resseler is indeed a cheap owner.

Then there’s this….

Murray is 27 years old and he’s never lead a team to the playoffs. He’s on a great contract but he’s only borderline all star talent at best. He’s a good player but he’s not moving the needle for us like that. He’d need a true number 1 scoring option in Atlanta.

Trae is 25, now just getting to his prime stages of his career. Hands down the best passer in the nba and a top scorer. A combo of Trae and Clingan would be a great move for the franchise so restarting shouldn’t be an option.

There is no draftee in this class i would consider a great pairing with Murray!…no offense to him. Murray isn’t a lead dawg like Trae. Trae is the offense…Murray is a good talent but not generational on either end of the floor.

can you imagine Murray here with a number 1 draft pick ??? And that’s all we are getting?!

- Say the pick is Sarr. That’s trash offense coming in that would need to develop. Probably 3 years of developing at minimum until sarr can even be remotely good offensively.

-3 years from now Murray will be 30 and the FO will be talking about needing another point guard 🤦🏾‍♂️ 

- then you look at not having a top scoring option….again! We literally have only had like 3 top scoring options in our franchises history. Nique, ISO Joe, and Trae…end of list and that’s the sad part. You’re not winning anything in this league without a bonafide scorer …..just not happening.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, JTB said:

Just another little tidbit that maybe we have all forgotten about IF WE GIVE AWAY TRAE….no matter how you slice it, any Trae trade is a giveaway in my opinion. It says we failed to put a team around a generational offensive talent and signals that Resseler is indeed a cheap owner.

Then there’s this….

Murray is 27 years old and he’s never lead a team to the playoffs. He’s on a great contract but he’s only borderline all star talent at best. He’s a good player but he’s not moving the needle for us like that. He’d need a true number 1 scoring option in Atlanta.

Trae is 25, now just getting to his prime stages of his career. Hands down the best passer in the nba and a top scorer. A combo of Trae and Clingan would be a great move for the franchise so restarting shouldn’t be an option.

There is no draftee in this class i would consider a great pairing with Murray!…no offense to him. Murray isn’t a lead dawg like Trae. Trae is the offense…Murray is a good talent but not generational on either end of the floor.

can you imagine Murray here with a number 1 draft pick ??? And that’s all we are getting?!

- Say the pick is Sarr. That’s trash offense coming in that would need to develop. Probably 3 years of developing at minimum until sarr can even be remotely good offensively.

-3 years from now Murray will be 30 and the FO will be talking about needing another point guard 🤦🏾‍♂️ 

- then you look at not having a top scoring option….again! We literally have only had like 3 top scoring options in our franchises history. Nique, ISO Joe, and Trae…end of list and that’s the sad part. You’re not winning anything in this league without a bonafide scorer …..just not happening.

I

17 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

I

JTB,

The possibility of a trade remains uncertain, but it's crucial to acknowledge the limitations of what he can bring to the team. We should not be disheartened if he chooses to leave. Facing the absence of draft picks for the upcoming three seasons, nearing the second tax apron, and other challenges, the team finds itself in a precarious position.

Even as part of a currently weaker conference, there's no assurance that this team ranks in the top six or can navigate through the play-in stage as it stands, even with the first pick. Sometimes, it's necessary to confront the reality that this team has significant flaws, and if we aim for success, all options must be considered.

Edited by NekiEcko

7 hours ago, kg01 said:

Smh.  I'm scared now tho.  I don't wanna turn around.  I feel soth's angry eyes burning a hole in the back o' my head.  Can somebody walk me home?  If you don't hear from me in 30 minutes, send S.W.A.T. 🫣 

Not one of you called S.W.A.T?  Not one?

😔

5 hours ago, Sothron said:

I think this isn't going to violate anyone's sources sense of trust to talk about this.

Teams hide their workout lists for a variety of reasons.....

I dont doubt any of what you posted, but it's also classic over-thinking by them to make themselves feel self-important. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JTB said:

This is a bummer to me…big time!

If you trade away Trae you are setting your franchise back for 10 years. Not only that…why do this in a draft year that doesn’t have a standout #1 pick!

I’m sorry but hawks are losing any Trae to the spurs trade. Getting picks back for Trae even if unprotected does nothing for us in my opinion. It would be a full rebuild mode…

kind of hard to imagine what a good trade is for Trae with the spurs when you know you can’t get back wemby ….so how on earth is it a good trade for our franchise cornerstone??….Cause we get back assets?…don’t nobody give a damn about those picks!

not asking for you to share anymore info @Sothron….but trading Trae makes this #1 pick underwhelming!

Now that I think about it….is this why sarr doesn’t want to come to Atlanta ?….they threw out the idea that Trae may not be here in Atlanta for him to play with ?

again not asking for more info to be shared just sharing my own personal thoughts. We are in the most important offseason of Atlantas history because our franchise cornerstone has 1 year left and it’s sounding like we are just going to reset instead of add.

There is the possibility that they are seriously considering tanking for the 2025 NBA draft. That is a really deep draft with talent and maybe the trade offers include 2025 draft picks coming back like the hawks 2025 pick or the lakers 2025 pick or pelicans pick(from the pelicans). So they may think it's to difficult to build a team around Trae and just reset and keep the number 1 pick and take Sarr/Reed Sheppard

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ShayD said:

There is the possibility that they are seriously considering tanking for the 2025 NBA draft. That is a really deep draft with talent and maybe the trade offers include 2025 draft picks coming back like the hawks 2025 pick or the lakers 2025 pick or pelicans pick(from the pelicans). So they may think it's to difficult to build a team around Trae and just reset and keep the number 1 pick and take Sarr/Reed Sheppard

Yeah.  That makes a lot of damn sense considering that the Hawks do not control their picks nor will the picks they get from anyone other than the Spurs giving the Hawks their picks back be high picks.  

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Jay, your boy been spot on the entire process. That's all I got to say. 

A month ago, I told ya'll about Sarr team aligning to go to Washington and not Atlanta who did have interest by the way. 

I told ya'll that everyone is on the table but Tony has made it clear, Trae needs to stay and Trae been involved in the process and has leaned to Clingan 

I didn't cover Clingan but the rumor is, he knocked out the personals and he hit a grand slam on the workouts and the white board. So much so, he might be their top guy which wasn't the case weeks ago. 

Hawks are not likely to trade back as they have a clear #1 now but Risacher is close. 

I understand @NBASupes, but the real question is whether he wants to stay. While he's currently in the process (which I personally disagree with), if he truly wants to commit, then signing an extension or a new contract that benefits the team would be the logical step.

My concern is that he may leave after next year, especially since the team lacks draft picks, cap space, and seemingly a future. For instance, if a team like the Spurs becomes excellent next year and needs a point guard like Trae to excel, he might consider that option more seriously than staying with a team that lacks its own draft picks for the next three years.

8 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

With the 1st pick in the 2024 NBA Draft . . . the Atlanta Hawks select . . . 

image.thumb.png.40c7f3173e842f8c9299b106ed29c8da.png

. . . and then the internet will be set on fire, because we know what big trade would come next

image.thumb.png.6a6edfcd3b66ff97e9349945a8e2f8d0.png

It'll be a straight money grab for Ressler.

I thought I was hot stuff posting from the future but 'cyde has outdone us all.  Not only posting from 2025 but also playing 5D chess.

:alien: