• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

27 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

I want Reed tbh. Kentucky guards have done so well the last two decades and he compares well to them.

other than that just take Sarr and see what teams throw at you trade wise 

Knowing we are trading DJ, we need a starting 2 guard for the future. Bogi and Bufkin arent it. Bufkin is a bench PG defender and Bogi is a bench SG / 6th man spark.

Reed is my favorite prospect in the entire draft. Can’t say I’d be upset if we took him (but not at #1). Obviously, we’d have to trade Murray but that should be the plan anyway. I just don’t think getting Reed would prove anything to Trae in terms of us looking to contend. We’d have to knock FA out of the park. 

Edited by Bonzaii58
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

I want Reed tbh. Kentucky guards have done so well the last two decades and he compares well to them.

Knowing we are trading DJ, we need a starting 2 guard for the future. Bogi and Bufkin arent it. Bufkin is a bench PG defender and Bogi is a bench SG / 6th man spark.

I think Reed and Sarr are the 2 best players in the class if they are able to reach close to their potential. Maybe not for the hawks but for most teams. Risacher is just another Hunter, Clingan is ok but could be played off the floor in the playoffs if he doesn't fix his conditioning and has injury concerns.

Reed would fit seamlessly with all the teams in the top 5 except for the hawks. If he could develop his playmaking and ball handling further then he would be a very good player in the league. Sarr could just play the 4(his desired position) for all the teams in the top 6(except Wizards maybe unless they trade Kuzma) if he develops his offense further and adds just enough weight and strength to not jeopardize his mobility he would be a very good player.

As for Trae, idk if you just take these guys and try and make it work but you have to consider who will be the best player 3 years from now. If you think the team is closer to contending and they have a plan for some of these prospects then trade down for additional assets and more chances in the lottery

Edited by ShayD

I think you take Reed and build with him and JJ and then can make decisions around that.

More flexibility but I can't see why we shouldn't take the next potential NBA star guard from kentucky 

Edited by theheroatl
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

I think you take Reed and build with him and JJ and then can make decisions around that.

More flexibility but I can't see why we shouldn't take the next potential NBA star guard from kentucky 

Ok you’ve been hacked I think, summer heat 🥵 or not KAMAAAANNNN GUUUUUYYY!! -my Bostonian evil alter ego

1 hour ago, theheroatl said:

I want Reed as well, get Edey later if you want a big. Is Clingan worth #1? That just feels like a reach. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I want Reed as well, get Edey later if you want a big. Is Clingan worth #1? That just feels like a reach. 

Dude just plays basketball the right way..  That's a player I can get behind...Especially since we're supposedly trading Trae or Murray.. OR both......We could get Ware later as well........

Edited by terrell

10 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Taking Clingan at 1 is better than taking Edey at any point.  

8 minutes ago, terrell said:

Dude just plays basketball the right way..  That's a player I can get behind...Especially since we're supposedly trading Trae or Murray.. OR both......We could get Ware later as well........

Love Reed too, but you have to trade Trae if you take him.  That backcourt won't work.  I think he could work with Murray though. 

At his size Reed needs to be paired with a tall backcourt mate IMO unless we really beef up our frontcourt.

6 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

Love Reed too, but you have to trade Trae if you take him.  That backcourt won't work.  I think he could work with Murray though. 

At his size Reed needs to be paired with a tall backcourt mate IMO unless we really beef up our frontcourt.

Ok, pair him with Murray until he's ready to take over in a few years....😀....

Take Edey or Ware later in the draft to beef up the frontcourt..

Hell, we could posssibly get Reed+ Clingan if we traded Trae to SA for #4 and other shit.... lol

Edited by terrell

3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

You know for everyone saying Trae and Reed wouldn't work...the Pistons won two titles with a short backcourt. Reed is a good defender and an absolute sniper. That would be fun as hell to watch.

Reed is honestly my favorite prospect in the entire draft. He feels and plays like a slightly larger Mark Price.

Hawks would need some tough SOB's around them...😀

Any idea How his workout went with us?  If he was 6'6 it would be a no brainer...

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, terrell said:

Hawks would need some tough SOB's around them...😀

Any idea How his workout went with us?  If he was 6'6 it would be a no brainer...

I've heard Reed has impressed every team he's worked out with including the Hawks

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

You know for everyone saying Trae and Reed wouldn't work...the Pistons won two titles with a short backcourt. Reed is a good defender and an absolute sniper. That would be fun as hell to watch.

Reed is honestly my favorite prospect in the entire draft. He feels and plays like a slightly larger Mark Price.

If it's my decision, I'm taking Reed. Kentucky guards have a tremendous track record. He's one of the best freshman they have ever had. Historic 3 point efficiency, that cant be a fluke. Trae and Murray don't work because they both ball dominant, they aren't good off the ball. It's end up being my turn your turn, with one of them standing around or asking for the ball back. Reed can play on or off the ball, not a lot of guys can do that. His gravity would be very impactful as well. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Quin won and had top 10 offenses and defenses with Conley and Mitchell.  Now, they were both longer and that does play a role.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I've heard Reed has impressed every team he's worked out with including the Hawks

Hawks taking Reed might be as shocking as the Falcons taking Penix, but I wouldnt be upset about this either......  lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I don’t think there’s a single prospect in this draft that will move the needle in terms of Trae. I think our pick needs to be what’s best for the franchise as this player will likely still be here if Trae leaves over the next few years.

The trade market is where we will show how serious we are about the direction of the team.

I think the whole making Trae the center of the universe and having every draft decision with Trae's needs specifically in mind is faulty logic. Like he's not prime LeBron, come on people. Take the best players and figure it out. Reaching for needs is how you mess up the draft. 

Edited by bleachkit
  • Like 3