• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Falcons were smart to take Penix. 

I agree.. But it was still "shocking"....

Edited by terrell

39 minutes ago, Sothron said:

You know for everyone saying Trae and Reed wouldn't work...the Pistons won two titles with a short backcourt. Reed is a good defender and an absolute sniper. That would be fun as hell to watch.

Reed is honestly my favorite prospect in the entire draft. He feels and plays like a slightly larger Mark Price.

Sothron!  I mentioned Mark Price a while back.  I’d be fine with the pickup.  I appreciate that he has an absolutely transferrable skill.  

• Like 4

• Premium Member
On 6/19/2024 at 11:59 AM, NBASupes said:

Looks like the Hawks finally told DJ that he will be moved. 

Wrong move by the Hawks, once again. 

24 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I think the whole making Trae the center of the universe and having every draft decision with Trae's needs specifically in mind is faulty logic. Like he's not prime LeBron, come on people. Take the best players and figure it out. Reaching for needs is how you mess up the draft. 

Agreed....Draft for talent.. Fill holes in FA/trades.. 

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, terrell said:

Hawks taking Reed might be as shocking as the Falcons taking Penix, but I wouldnt be upset about this either......  lol

No taking Reed would be better.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

I don't think it's the wrong choice but a choice that have to be done unless you want option "B".

I'll take option B. 

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

You know for everyone saying Trae and Reed wouldn't work...the Pistons won two titles with a short backcourt. Reed is a good defender and an absolute sniper. That would be fun as hell to watch.

I used the same Pistons analogy when we got Dejounte, but it’s turned out terrible. Genuinely curious why you think Trae / Reed would be different on defense.

His shooting is eye popping. That’s for sure.

2 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

I'll take option B. 

@Vol4ever

You don't want option "B"; in fact, no one currently wants option "B". As my friend puts it, "Option B is the last thing the Hawks want to do, but they might have no other choice."

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

@Vol4ever

You don't want option "B"; in fact, no one currently wants option "B". As my friend puts it, "Option B is the last thing the Hawks want to do, but they might have no other choice."

Trae is not the leader and not a franchise player imo.   I believe most GMs around the league agree with this. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Interesting we've seen two small guards not work, for multiple seasons.

But have now convinced ourselves, because we like Reed, that two small guards now will work with one being a rookie.

Cmon, folx. 

He's one of the most efficient shooters in college basketball history. I wouldnt take him #1, but Id consider trading down and taking him. Trae and Murray not working had more to do with style of play than size per se, in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

He's one of the most efficient shooters in college basketball history. I wouldnt take him #1, but Id consider trading down and taking him. Trae and Murray not working had more to do with style of play than size per se, in my opinion.

It not working was primarily defensively.... which had 1013% to do with size.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Why not take hom at 1.  If you want him and have the pic along with apparently the draft is so bad go ahead.  

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Interesting we've seen two small guards not work, for multiple seasons.

But have now convinced ourselves, because we like Reed, that two small guards now will work with one being a rookie.

Cmon, folx. 

Huh? You mean you can’t run Muggsy and Spud together! Bull 🐂 freakin caca 💩 and I say that with all due respect to a fellow Outsider. #2klife

ps I was mad 😡 so I played the all time Hawks vs the current Raptors squad. Wuuut :huh: it was on all star level :upsidedown:

IMG_5623.thumb.jpeg.946efb62995ea1a8cf592d6d7b4b8798.jpegIMG_5622.thumb.jpeg.31b6b5969351a4cf789d8b5c8a6738e2.jpegIMG_5621.thumb.jpeg.4c6cd26e46dce8717abd99af45fe2588.jpegIMG_5620.thumb.jpeg.eddca656d86e25b3c8f900c37afadc35.jpeg

pps Reed will be a good pro but not for us I think.

image.gif.988f034549e88788951d19bcb60741d7.gif

• Haha 1