• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

7 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

Not that I love Dre, but I don’t see why they would trade him unless they get back at least two above replacement level average players coming in. 

He is the only real SF worth anything that we have. I don’t see us trading one SF for another, so they’d have to get one back from trading DJM or CC. How do you think they’ll look to build depth beyond that? FAcy? Draft? Or go cheap and not get anyone else and hope AJ or MoG steps up?

It's a lot bigger than what's currently on this squad. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, txsting said:

Plus who wants to try and pronounce Risacher for 5 years?  That name gets stuck on my tongue trying to come out.  I'd rather just take Sarr and see if that squeezes Washington.  

Reese (like reese's pieces) - a- che (like club che che)

It really isn't that hard to pronounce. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Man, I haven't had time to listen.  Been too busy with a few deadlines at work

Hey somebody's gotta make the meth, amirite?

😄

1 minute ago, Hawkish said:

I didn’t realize there was a sweepstakes.

More like a curse.... 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

It’s starting to sound like we are definitely taking Risacher in my opinion.

this whole thing about center trade market is extremely, very, shockingly surprising to me. I only thought Clingan was a lock because the center trade market was dead but that’s apparently not the case.

Risachers offense is way stronger than Sarrs. If they can pull a Jimmy or PG trade , then all they’d need is a vet center to top it off OR they could just hold on to CC.

If we do trade and get PG, I would want Sarr as I believe that’s the perfect player for Sarr to learn from.

3 minutes ago, JTB said:

It’s starting to sound like we are definitely taking Risacher in my opinion.

this whole thing about center trade market is extremely, very, shockingly surprising to me. I only thought Clingan was a lock because the center trade market was dead but that’s apparently not the case.

Risachers offense is way stronger than Sarrs. If they can pull a Jimmy or PG trade , then all they’d need is a vet center to top it off OR they could just hold on to CC.

If we do trade and get PG, I would want Sarr as I believe that’s the perfect player for Sarr to learn from.

While I believe that to be true, that dude exudes average. Perhaps he'll grow on me?  Nah. I like him less than Hunter and he ain't even played in the NBA yet.

IMB_20220902014128_rCln.gif

1 hour ago, Hawkmoor dijo:

Trae at $70 mil per season?  Man, I would give him away for that price.  

And that is why I prefer trading Trae than DJM, is easy to see why. There are few players that can fit Trae and all of them are expensive, you need an elite center, as KAT, 40-50M and an elite defense wing, as Bridges, that is another 30-40M$, that is a total amount of 150M$ on 3 players, even more than Minnesota . The number of names that fit Trae are really low and really expensive, after that you just have a bunch of minimum salary players, that might not even be a playoff team.. You depend on having 2-3 real good rookies that can make contributions as JJ.

if we keep DJM instead for the same amount of money we can have DJM, OO, Bogi and Hunter. You would still have Bufkin, Gueye, Sarr and JJ, potentially Clingan and Knetch at 4 and 8 and then you have  a huge amount of money to sign a star wing and a star Big. That is a much better plan than keeping player and still not been able to sign the players that fit him.

Edited by gurpilo
  • Thanks 1