• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

8 minutes ago, deester11 said:

While I believe that to be true, that dude exudes average. Perhaps he'll grow on me?  Nah. I like him less than Hunter and he ain't even played in the NBA yet.

IMB_20220902014128_rCln.gif

His biggest issue is that he can’t dribble well.

he can shoot it and he can play defense but he screams 20pt off ball scorer. Which may be why Synder loves him. Trae can be ball dominant and have a off ball scorer like Risacher who can give you 20 by running off screens, cutting , etc.

he’s already a better shooter than Hunter and to me he has a better feel for the game . But again him not being able to beat 1 on 1 coverage is my problem with him, it’s too big of a negative to ignore.

now say we get Paul George or Jimmy Butler, then it may not matter as much if we take Risacher.

2 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

And that is why I prefer trading Trae than DJM, is easy to see why. There are few players that can fit Trae and all of them are expensive, you need an elite center, as KAT, 40-50M and an elite defense wing, as Bridges, that is another 30-40M$, that is a total amount of 150M$ on 3 players, even more than Minnesota . The number of names that fit Trae are really low and really expensive, after that you just have a bunch of minimum salary players, that might not even be a playoff team.. You depend on having 2-3 real good rookies that can make contributions as JJ.

if we keep DJM instead for the same amount of money we can have DJM, OO, Bogi and Hunter. You would still have Bufkin, Gueye, Sarr and JJ, potentially Clingan and Knetch at 4 and 8 and then you have  a huge amount of money to sign a star wing and a star Big. That is a much better plan than keeping player and still not been able to sign the players that fit him.

Bingo. I say the same thing when folks are constantly talking about Trae needing "help".  Who you gonna bring in? Nah, get rid of the Mercedes power train and get a Toyota power train. Cheaper, more flexible and reliable.  The Hawks know it too which is why the Trae rumors.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hawkmoor said:

Bingo. I say the same thing when folks are constantly talking about Trae needing "help".  Who you gonna bring in? Nah, get rid of the Mercedes power train and get a Toyota power train. Cheaper, more flexible and reliable.  The Hawks know it too which is why the Trae rumors.  

Yeah.  Let's do that and win 15 games a season for the next 10 years.  That's the ticket to success.  

• Thanks 2

hace 1 minuto, KB21 dijo:

Yeah.  Let's do that and win 15 games a season for the next 10 years.  That's the ticket to success.  

We were 40 win team without Trae and we would have a better roster.... How can we go to 15 wins team?

Edited by gurpilo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

We were 40 win team without Trae and we would have a better roster.... How can we go to 15 wins team?

TANK FOR FLAGG

EVAN SIDERY THE AGGREGATOR AI BOT SAID ITS A FIRE SALE IN ATLANTA

COME GET UR HOT GOODS.. WE WILL THROW IN A COOKOUT TRAY WITH EVERY TRADE

CHEESE BITES NOT INCLUDED - WE KEEP THOSE

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Been told Hawks just taking Sarr and keeping him is a building voice in the Hawks FO.

Trade for a Center, play him at the 4/3 to make him happy

I am fine with Clingan or even Reed just not Risacher at 1.

Edited by ShayD
  • Like 1

hace 6 minutos, Dragitoff dijo:

That's one way to ignore facts and attempt to prove your point...saying those are the only types of players that fit Trae is being shortsighted at best.  He has his faults and shortcomings for sure, but to act like only high-priced, elite superstars fit next to him is not accurate at all.  He's made guys like John Collins (pre-extension) borderline All-Stars because of his gravity and ability to set them up.  Before he (Capela)lost a step, his P&R game with Capela was nearly unstoppable.  That's just a few.  You could surround him with legitimate defenders who can shoot and a quality P&R partner and he would do wonders.  Problem is we've yet to surround him with both of those things consistently.  Drafting Reddish and Hunter, and to a lesser extent OO was an attempt to do that, but sadly that didn't pan out like we hoped it would. 

Well, OO and Hunter are good defenders but is not working.... no, you really need an elite guard defender to protect Trae and a Paint protector or an elite offensive Center. Those are really expensive players. Name Players that fit Trae and are available....

I only can think on De Anthony Melton and Andre Drummond, starting those 2 IS a reach in my opinión.

5 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

When were the Hawks a 40-win team without Trae?  The team that had Al, Paul, Kyle does not count.  There is no pathway to winning by trading Trae.  NONE.  If you even remotely think trading Trae and keeping DJM is an option, then enjoy your low win total seasons.  DJM will get his numbers, but it will not translate to wins.

• Thanks 1

hace 2 minutos, KB21 dijo:

When were the Hawks a 40-win team without Trae?  The team that had Al, Paul, Kyle does not count.  There is no pathway to winning by trading Trae.  NONE.  If you even remotely think trading Trae and keeping DJM is an option, then enjoy your low win total seasons.  DJM will get his numbers, but it will not translate to wins.

As I said we were a 40 win team without Trae this season.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Been told Hawks just taking Sarr and keeping him is a building voice in the Hawks FO.

Lets hope so because if Snyder is as good as everyone says he is and he can make Sarr reach his potential.  Then you got a franchise changing player.  Time for Snyder to earn his money and time for the Hawks to finally take the big swing.    Getting my hopes up hopefully the FO comes through this time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, ShayD said:

Trade for a Center, play him at the 4/3 to make him happy

I am fine with Clingan or even Reed just not Risacher at 1.

We should be doing that anyways he fits better at the 4 and JJ at the 3 imo with their unique skill sets for their size.   Getting another big C to pair with Onyeka and share time with OO and Sarr at the 5 in rotation if neeed be for injuries is much easier to do than getting a 3 and 4 with  JJ and Sarr's type of upside and size.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1