• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

23 minutes ago, KB21 said:

If you are trying to win, you aren’t playing rookies very much.   

1 rookie in the lineup isn’t a recipe for disaster.

also our goal should be to be a high seed in the East. We need to focus on baby steps. We aren’t winning a championship next season no matter who we can realistically add.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JTB said:

THIS IS NOT THE NFL FOLKS….you don’t draft a top 5 player in the nba to play them off the bench.

NBA teams drafting in the Top 5 or 10 are GENERALLY teams that are rebuilding and aren't trying to win. In those cases, you are right. The drafted players usually start. 

However, when a team trying to win drafts in the top 5 or 10, the drafted player doesn't always start. 

Jonathan Kuminga

Benedict Matturin

Anthony Black

All players that came off the bench more than they started as rookies. 

Circumstances matter. IF the Hawks draft pick is starting 60-70 games next season, the Hawks are probably watching the Spurs draft in the lottery. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

Things I like about Risacher from the little I see:

-Coordinated/body control

-Fluid/slippery

-Regardless of %, his shot form/sequence looks good 

I don’t see much creation, but that doesn’t mean he can’t. He may not have performed well at the combine, but he looks basketball/functionally athletic to me.  

Edited by Hawkish
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

Things I like about Risacher from the little I see:

-Coordinated/body control

-Fluid/slippery

-Regardless of %, his shot form/sequence looks good 

I don’t see much creation, but that doesn’t mean he can’t. He may not have performed well at the combine, but he looks basketball/functionally athletic to me.  

Seems like an average NBA small forward. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Anyone else ever heard this story before regarding Hawks previous pick #1 :blanky:

McDonald's vs. '4-inch steaks': How the Nuggets beat Atlanta Hawks to David 'Skywalker' Thompson

https://denvergazette.com/sports/mcdonalds-vs-4-inch-steaks-how-the-nuggets-beat-atlanta-hawks-to-david-skywalker-thompson/article_2a8e89ac-2dde-11ef-9de0-0b629b6205f1.html

image.jpeg.a953a0ef74348aa4419a56232cfeb1a5.jpegimage.gif.53785d54ef4970e7bf67556b382035f4.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Anyone else ever heard this story before regarding Hawks previous pick #1 :blanky:

McDonald's vs. '4-inch steaks': How the Nuggets beat Atlanta Hawks to David 'Skywalker' Thompson

https://denvergazette.com/sports/mcdonalds-vs-4-inch-steaks-how-the-nuggets-beat-atlanta-hawks-to-david-skywalker-thompson/article_2a8e89ac-2dde-11ef-9de0-0b629b6205f1.html

Side note.. is Cotton somehow related to the Resslers?

• Haha 2

Man....you can tell me Risasscha is Manu-lite all you want, but i ain't buying that dude at 1. We may yet draft him, but the average-ness of his game is a thing. And don't tell me he's young and his athleticism will improve. I say draft him....the Hawks are as mid as you can get. Why not add another mid piece. 

IMG_5939.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The grizzlies have always made great defensive moves (at least in the last 12 years or so).

if it’s true they are willing to move up to 3 to take Clingan, I think that’s a great sign of what kind of defender Clingan will be.

i like Sarr but unless we have a trade to get another center to go with Trae I’d much rather we take Clingan.

6 minutes ago, JTB said:

The grizzlies have always made great defensive moves (at least in the last 12 years or so).

if it’s true they are willing to move up to 3 to take Clingan, I think that’s a great sign of what kind of defender Clingan will be.

i like Sarr but unless we have a trade to get another center to go with Trae I’d much rather we take Clingan.

I agree with that somewhat, BUT if I feel Sarr is the best pick, I do it and worry about "fit," and all the rest later.  Again, it depends on their vision. 

In a nutshell, we could all moan about a player we don't like, but IF there is a plan to use this draft as a piece (a big one) of the bigger puzzle, I can't complain. I'm just not sure the Hawks will ever find the missing piece of said puzzle. 

IMG_5972.gif

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Unless the Hawks have a trade worked out for a legit top end center, they HAVE to come away from the draft woth Sarr or Clingan, imo. 

I just believe they have to upgrade the center position. 

As for Risacher,  I just don't think he'll be an elite shooter and I question whether the average athleticism will translate to elite defender in the NBA. So I just can't get on board with him being the only pick. 

All that said, I'll support whomever the Hawks add to the team. 

Just nothing pops about Risacher. But you know half the NBA is comprised of tall guys that can shoot. He's tall, he can shoot. So that's the pick. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1