• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Threezus said:

LOL that boy Teague a real one and a true hawk for life.   If you ain't with us and want to be here with us then you against us and F them.   Everyone knows for a Fact i want Sarr as a player and for his upside.  But if he is legit 100% against being a Hawk himself and this is not agent BS or smoke then im with Teague on this one as well.

Did I hear that right?

"His (APR's) kids, they run the sh!t really."

Okay, then. Didn't know. Thanks, Jeff. hehehe

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Sothron said:

Update:

We are down to basically two choices:

Take Sarr and get the Wizards to move up to get him. Wizards want him badly. #1 for #2 and #26 or something like that in value. We would take Clingan at #2 or take Risacher for the below scenario.

Take Risacher and either keep him or flip him to the Spurs. This would be like the old Elton Brand for Tyson Chandler trade. The Bulls back then would only do that trade if Curry was there for them at #4 in that draft. When Atlanta...sigh...passed on Gasol by flipping him for SAR the Bulls got their guy and made the trade. If the Hawks had taken Curry or traded it to someone else that took Curry...the Bulls don't do the deal.

So in this case if Clingan is there at 4 the Spurs take him and we swap guys plus pick up our 2025 and 2027 firsts. 

In that scenario we turn Risacher into Clingan and our 2025 and 2027 unprotected firsts back. Spurs still have the pick swap in 2026.

If Clingan is gone...we just keep Risacher. 

This seems to be the current thinking of the FO. Again, this can change. Teams are upping their interest in #1, DJM, Capela and Hunter. I'm hearing teams are making pitches for AJ and Kobe as well.

Houston is the swing draft choice. I wouldn't rule out a separate trade to #3 if this scenario above happens just to get Clingan and give #4 to Houston so they can take Reed.

Hawks are playing Chinese Checkers and got all the other teams involved, all I'll say is after all this that player we take better be 'something'

yonzvze6j90n06kzgb9t.gif

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Didn't see this posted:

Alex Sarr, the 7-foot-1 phenom who last played for Perth of Australia’s NBL, declined Atlanta’s efforts to host him for a workout, but told Yahoo Sports that won’t dissuade him from reporting to the Hawks should he ultimately be the selection at No. 1 overall. “I’ll play for any team that drafts me,” Sarr said Tuesday. For me, the most important thing is if a team is willing to take a chance on you, you just have to go there and play hard. There’s no such thing as being picky or not wanting to go somewhere.”

2024 NBA Draft: 'Uncertainty' is the theme for 1st-round prospects, even those at the top - Yahoo Sports

The whole thing was a ploy to avoid going to Atlanta and giving them reasons not to draft him.

Classic agent move 101

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

My biggest disappointment would be if we traded #1 AND DJ to Spurs and the best player we get back is freaking Keldon Johnson...yes even with picks back.

As I've said since the season ended, the retooling of the existing players on the roster and how willing or not the owner is willing to spend or not looms larger for me than the individual draft pick.

Adding another big disappointed:  If we trade Murry to NOP and aren't getting back any of their lengthy wing defenders. Murray is on a great contract and signed long term.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Adding another big disappointed:  If we trade Murry to NOP and aren't getting back any of their lengthy wing defenders. Murray is on a great contract and signed long term.

2 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Those two scenarios are absolutely horrendous and require a march on Hawks HQ

I think Ingram is a better overall fit just with his height alone BUT I do believe it’s possible to get herb jones in this trade scenario though many on this board don’t think it’s possible.

we just have to include OO or Clint to sweeten the deal.

29 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Didn't see this posted:

Alex Sarr, the 7-foot-1 phenom who last played for Perth of Australia’s NBL, declined Atlanta’s efforts to host him for a workout, but told Yahoo Sports that won’t dissuade him from reporting to the Hawks should he ultimately be the selection at No. 1 overall. “I’ll play for any team that drafts me,” Sarr said Tuesday. For me, the most important thing is if a team is willing to take a chance on you, you just have to go there and play hard. There’s no such thing as being picky or not wanting to go somewhere.”

2024 NBA Draft: 'Uncertainty' is the theme for 1st-round prospects, even those at the top - Yahoo Sports

Hello?  I been saying that.  Its not a question that Sarr wants to go to Washington but he and his agent ain't stupid.  They are not gonna report to the Hawks and whine about it. The worst case is he proves himself and bounces on the Hawks after they lose team control.  He goes to Washington and the Wizards/Hawks replace Dallas/Hawks as "the draft" to evaluate.  Yall think there was talk about Luka not going to Atlanta.  Let Sarr have big success with the Wizards.  It would be a Hawks nightmare when you combine that with the Luka thing.  This ain't about how Hawks fans view the team.  Its about how potential free agents view them.

Another thing while I'm at it.  It Quin is this "super coach" as folks say, its his job to implement Sarr into a rotation with Trae and Johnson.  No excuses. I don't care if you have to sit Capela or whoever to do it.  Make Quin earn that cache he is suppose to have.  You don't put together a superstaff like that and let a player like Sarr bounce because he wants minutes in Atlanta.  The dude looks like what we saw in Jalen Johnson.  You just know with certain players.

11 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Those two scenarios are absolutely horrendous and require a march on Hawks HQ

13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Wow, please stop being a 

raw

As I've said before, no one will walk through the door and alter the trajectory of this team. We must sacrifice something to get better. While we may not secure an incredible trade or a notable free agent, at least the organization is making an effort to improve. The next trade rumors you hear, even if I previously dismissed them as clickbait, might indeed be true.

As my friend mentioned, "The Hawks fanbase is likely one of the least favored in the NBA."

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

Wow, please stop being a 

raw

As I've said before, no one will walk through the door and alter the trajectory of this team. We must sacrifice something to get better. While we may not secure an incredible trade or a notable free agent, at least the organization is making an effort to improve. The next trade rumors you hear, even if I previously dismissed them as clickbait, might indeed be true.

As my friend mentioned, "The Hawks fanbase is likely one of the least favored in the NBA."

It's about VALUE in any trade and being confident that the Hawks are willing to pay the asking price on a new contract.

• Like 1