• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

44 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

They fired funny, interesting, insightful Jeff Van Gundy, but kept boring as watching paint dry Doris Burke. 

When she was younger, she had certain *ahem* "thoracic assets", which her clothing used to display more prominently.  Now she dresses more conservatively,, and her age is showing more.  Who knows why they kept her over JVG??

4 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

I think the Hawks are done as far as trades.  

Right?

Nope, we still need to see what we are going to do with Capella and Bogi as well but Capella should be dealt before the season starts and Gay will be traded too.

Someone help me out I’m in a debate and trying to prove something. Regardless of what anyone believes (Kat is/isn’t coming), I need help in some understanding. Say that the main framework is already settled between Atlanta and Minnesota and it’s the 3rd or 4th teams in the trade that is holding this up. Could those 3rd or 4th teams ruin the trade for us completely? 

26 minutes ago, Kobie Drew said:

Someone help me out I’m in a debate and trying to prove something. Regardless of what anyone believes (Kat is/isn’t coming), I need help in some understanding. Say that the main framework is already settled between Atlanta and Minnesota and it’s the 3rd or 4th teams in the trade that is holding this up. Could those 3rd or 4th teams ruin the trade for us completely? 

100% they can ruin it for us if Minny doesn't want what we offer them and prefer what the other teams was giving them.  Say we were trading Capela as one of the main pieces minny has no interest in that but a team like Houston would probably jump on grabbing Capela from us.   Then Houston would send whatever we were going to get from them to Minny instead.   If Houston decides not to give minny anything they want then were sorta screwed on the trade as a whole then.   Outside of us offering even more to minny without another team involved which i doubt we would want to do.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Sothron said:

checked some messages while I am laid up in bed recovering. Siakam is who we really want but that's probably not going to happen. KAT to ATL has been basically agreed to but it is the 3rd/4th teams that are hanging things up. I was told one of the Twolf owners was talked out of nixing this deal outright(both myself and @NBASupes have mentioned this possibility more than once) and that KAT's value is about to seriously decline because of his contract. 

2nd apron fear is real. Don't even think of it as a 2nd apron in LT. Think of it as a hard cap which is what it really is. Minnesota simply cannot afford to keep him on the roster. Atlanta has outbid the Mavs for KAT. The only question is which young guy is moved with Bey in the deal.

Again was told to expect something mostly from the Rudy gay situation in the JC trade to resolve this one way or the other.

Not really? We can still move Capela or Bogi together or in a separate deal to make things work. We have the KAT main details agreed upon it is the 3rd/4th teams that are the hold up. 

Eating-pop-corn GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Well, first game of the summer league

Tari Eason outplayed AJ

Cam Whitmore outplayed Kobe

I still have faith on AJ but Eason and Cam were consensus targets at draft, we ended not picking them and Houston stole them from us. We could use any of them on our F rotation that is thin.

• Like 1

AJ goes from untouchable future star to draft mistake in one summer league game. A couple days ago giving him up for Siakam would have killed our franchise

Allready said that I have faith in AJ, I think he has a lot of potential but I wanted Eason badly.

And I am worried with Bufkin honestly.

14 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Allready said that I have faith in AJ, I think he has a lot of potential but I wanted Eason badly.

And I am worried with Bufkin honestly.

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Bufkin didn't look great, not gonna lie. Hopefully he bounces back in game 2.

It is summer league no drastic conclusions should be drawn either way. 

• Like 3