• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

Here’s what we do. Do a private workout with Reed Sheppard and tell the world he is Nash/Price/Stockton rolled into one. 

Get some frickin a$$ets bady!

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'm out on a Trae / Sheppard backcourt.

Ya same. Too small. I’m all for one dude being of smaller stature but when you got two, you aren’t gonna stop 🛑 many teams.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Luka, who everyone thinks is the greatest, no miss prospect since Lebron, was passed over by 3 teams and folks don't believe that he wasn't threatening to stay in Europe if he didn't get his way?   In the best draft of the last 20 years teams can't throw away a top 3 pick if him refusing to play is even a remote possibility.  

Still doesn't make sense to me, we have no beef with Dallas , dirk and likewise , it's not like Luka couldn't have a good relationship with dirk outside of Dallas. It also doesn't make sense that dirk would try and force that on him.  []

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bird_dirt said:

This is the last time we had a high pick and traded down for a good player and additional assets. 
Despite how good Trae has been, Luka is the better of the two, and people still can’t move on from it. People will be talking about that trade for the rest of their careers. 
This is why I don’t want the Hawks to trade their pick this year. Can you imagine how insufferable the noise would be if they trade the first number one pick in the team’s history and they player goes on the be the best player? 

If we hadn't of reached on Reddish potential and just took PJ Washington(who Schlenk liked also),  Herro,  or even Cam Johnson, it wouldn't be talked about as much.. smh

Edited by terrell
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member

[ ]

Just going to ask since there has now been a public report about Clingan having "fans" within the Hawks.  Do you believe Tony Ressler will yield to the front office this time?

5 hours ago, AHF said:

He has a ton on his plate between what needs to be done with the existing roster and getting this pick right.  Really exciting opportunity but there is no hiding if we don't get it right.  I'm sure he doesn't want to go down with the GMs who took Kandi, Kwame, Bennett, Bargnani, Fultz, etc. at #1.

He is going to chart this team's path for the next 5 years at the least and the range of potential outcomes is massively wide.

He can't chart the team's path for the next 5 years.  He doesn't have 5 years to get it right.  He has 2 . . . with an evaluation going forward into Year 3.  No way he has a job, if we're still in the same spot after 2 years, despite him having a 5 year plan.

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

He can't chart the team's path for the next 5 years.  He doesn't have 5 years to get it right.  He has 2 . . . with an evaluation going forward into Year 3.  No way he has a job, if we're still in the same spot after 2 years, despite him having a 5 year plan.

I don't follow this at all.  If he gets it wrong and Trae leaves that radically changes the direction for the franchise from where it is now for the next 5+ years, right?  If he turns us into contenders that radically changes the direction of the franchise from where it is now, right?  If he just treads water for the next 2 years and keeps us in play-in territory that doesn't leave us a lot of ways to positively impact our path forward after that does it? The decisions he makes over the next year will determine this.

It seems to me that he can set us on a path to rebuild, to be a play-in team, to be a playoff team, to be a contender, and probably a bunch of variants and whatever he does the next 2 years will point us in one direction or another for years beyond that whether he is still employed here or not.

Trading DJM or Trae, having the #1 overall pick as the last pick we control for the next 3 years, and having key decisions made on other players (like CC, Hunter, Bey, etc.) is going to have dramatic impacts that reverberate far beyond the next two years, imo.

(Rereading this - if you thought I meant he was guaranteed to still be employed here then that is not what I tried to say and please take this as a clarification.  My point is that the decisions he makes now are unusually important and consequential and that they are going to affect us for years to come.) 

• Moderators

Discussions about race belong on the politics board.  Please start a thread there if you want to continue that line of conversation.  Let's get this thread back on track.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1