• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

19 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Something like this -

image.thumb.png.4b2824d9f741adfa44b176730ce242f7.png

BKN's pick #5 is actually with the Knicks this year, but was protected. So just imagine #5 being in place of the 2025 Detroit Round 1 above.

And I don't think we should have to include the Sac pick because DJM for Bridges is fair...but it's freaking BKN so it'll have to be an overpay.

Let’s do it.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Like does this conversation not make some of you guys mad? 

calling players bust already when they haven’t even been picked? When they haven’t even been given a role on a team. When you have no idea what the roster looks like? When dude hasn’t even come in to the building for a workout? Mentioning fan expectations for why he’s a bust is so idiotic. Fans have high expectations that doesn’t make a player a bust. Someone going after who might be better doesn’t make someone a bust. Someone being drafted being better than whoever goes 1 is a high likelihood in this draft. WHO CARES.

edey [still being mentioned] who has no shot of being on the team. You wanna talk about a player fit talk about how that dude is an awful fit. Can’t play at the level like Quin wants. Isn’t a vertical spacer at all like Trae wants. Can’t play with pace like quin. Y’all wanna push this agenda way more than just talking hoops. 

I’m not mad if someone projects a player will be a bust in the draft anymore than if they project he will be a star.  Share your view on Edey or Sarr, etc.  You’ve actually shared your view on both of them in this thread.

Someone’s honest opinion becomes a problem when people spam their view every time a name comes up and thus stifle other voices or when it is coupled with insults or similar conduct that is always problematic.  Please flag those behaviors when you see them or believe they are crossing a line.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AHF said:

I’m not mad if someone projects a player will be a bust in the draft anymore than if they project he will be a star.  Share your view on Edey or Sarr, etc.  You’ve actually shared your view on both of them in this thread.

Someone’s honest opinion becomes a problem when people spam their view every time a name comes up and thus stifle other voices or when it is coupled with insults or similar conduct that is always problematic.  Please flag those behaviors when you see them or believe they are crossing a line.

In this draft more than any I think it’s so unpredictable to call any of these players a star or bust. Think fit will matter way more than it does in any year for majority of these guys. Frankly don’t see any of these guys at the top being stars anyways. 

The point that makes me mad is people talk about fit. The player you are drafting is for THE ENTIRE TEAM. Not just Trae. Trae in theory could be gone in 4 weeks you aren’t drafting a player to ONLY fit with him (which edey doesn’t at all either lmao). You are taking the player for the entire roster 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, JTB said:

Maybe so. But I see several starting lineups depending on what is needed.

Knecht seems closer to Korver like to me more so than Bogi. Will definitely take him time to get as good as Bogi offensively but I can see Knecht shot transitioning to the nba immediately.

hes also bigger than Bogi so he MAY fair better on the defensive end than Bogi …depending on matchups of course.

I don’t see Bogi moving around like Knecht does.  I saw a more skilled Korver when watching him, not Bogi.  I want Knecht playing with Trae; however, I like Bogi as a 6th man with some creation skill.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

In this draft more than any I think it’s so unpredictable to call any of these players a star or bust. Think fit will matter way more than it does in any year for majority of these guys. Frankly don’t see any of these guys at the top being stars anyways. 

The point that makes me mad is people talk about fit. The player you are drafting is for THE ENTIRE TEAM. Not just Trae. Trae in theory could be gone in 4 weeks you aren’t drafting a player to ONLY fit with him (which edey doesn’t at all either lmao). You are taking the player for the entire roster 

I agree.  The coaching staff earns its pay by evolving a system to fit its players.  

Just curious, what would a Trae trade even look like?  (Exclude the Spurs)

3 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

I agree.  The coaching staff earns its pay by evolving a system to fit its players.  

Just curious, what would a Trae trade even look like?  (Exclude the Spurs)

It would center around draft picks.  

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Sorry man, this is just pure garbage.

The Squawk WANTS the Hawks to be successful we just disagree on who/what the best approach should be.

Are you outing yourself as one who wants the Hawks to fail since you think trading #1 for #7, #14 and Malcom Brogdon is a good trade from a pure value perspective. 

I think that's a great trade. 👍🏽 

https://neilpaine.substack.com/p/nba-estimated-raptor-player-ratings

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/nba-player-ratings/

his last two years would be 4 WARs. Given that off the bench would tremendously help us.

Also, I estimate Risacher WAR to be 0.2-1 range and Sarr to be -6 to -5 range. Clingan in the 4 WAR range so other than Donovan, I believe 1st overall just doesn't carry much volume as it has in the last two drafts with Paolo and Wemby. 

Whereas, Edey 5-6 WAR and 14 which should be around -0.5 aka Kobe range is just a much better volume to me. 

Brodgon 4+

Edey 5-6

14th overall -0.5 

Or 

Risacher 1

Sarr -6 to -5

Clingan 4

I am taking 10 WAR or 4 at best and at worst -6 WAR

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I think that's a great trade.

I know you do. And it's still an awful value trade for #1.

(Aaah, yes, the great WAR debate less we forget Montrezl's WAR)

Your hyper focus on acquiring Edey is clouding your judgement in that you are willing to accept less value for the #1 pick since you have conceded there is no way in hell the Hawks are taking Edey at #1.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1