• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

2 minutes ago, deester11 said:

I've had this as my order all along and I believe it should only come down to 2 players : Sarr and Risacher.  At one, this is simple. Even the Wizards are ecstatic about the consolation prize.  No matter who argues about Clingan and or Edey, the first options aren't detracted by people who can't see that the ceiling is what the Hawks should aim for in this draft.  Maximizing trades is where the other work should be done.  And it could change the trajectory of play-in nonsense.

I agree.  I included Clingan only because I do believe that a case can be made for him.  That positional archetype is not the direction I would go in though.  

7 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I agree.  I included Clingan only because I do believe that a case can be made for him.  That positional archetype is not the direction I would go in though.  

I hate that Clingan can't shoot FTs.  It's such an achilles heel during crunchtime.  Capela has this issue and it has always hurt us.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

I hate that Clingan can't shoot FTs.  It's such an achilles heel during crunchtime.  Capela has this issue and it has always hurt us.

He got upside to become a decent FT shooter. He's not CC

3 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

He’s never going to be a shooter, and that’s going to significantly decrease his value.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KB21 said:

I disagree.  If you want to say his size gives him advantages that you can’t get with Trae, I will agree.  I will never agree with constant disparaging of Trae’s play just because he isn’t Luka.  

There are three players in the NBA who are tremendously valuable for their ability to create shots for themselves and their teammates.  Luka, Joker, and Trae.  They are the three best at that.  

I've grown more skeptical of ball dominat scoring PG's being a great gateway to trying to win a title. It's not impossible, but I don't think it's the route to try and go.

Trae would help himself a great deal if he became a more consistent shooter. I think him shooting in the low 40's is an issue.

2 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

I've grown more skeptical of ball dominat scoring PG's being a great gateway to trying to win a title. It's not impossible, but I don't think it's the route to try and go.

Trae would help himself a great deal if he became a more consistent shooter. I think him shooting in the low 40's is an issue.

I know a way he can be a consistent shooter and it's easy as Edey. 

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Team building is supposed to be extremely hard, if it was easy we could all do it. They have to do the work without taking shortcuts. Sometimes you get lucking, but you at least have to be in posisition to take advantage when the opportunity presents itself.

I think the main problem is there isn't ONE plan, ONE goal or ONE Vision.  Too much instability at the top that becomes easily distracted by stuff that has no bearing on what should be the ONE THING  - putting a team on the court by any means necessary that's worthy of being in championship contention.

It seems like the Hawks can never get stable people at the top. But like I expressed in my last post, I'm skeptical of PG's like Trae being the main guy.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

It seems like the Hawks can never get stable people at the top. But like I expressed in my last post, I'm skeptical of PG's like Trae being the main guy.

I hear you.  Do you think DJ can be the PG on a high-level team?  

There is no way I'm taking Edy. Sarr is the better prospect and Clingan is a decent option. 

1)Sarr

2)Sarr

3)Sarr

4)Clingan

12)Edy

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, gurpilo said:

Well I don’t think we should use 1st pick on Bridges, that is too much. However I agree we should go as hard as we can after him. He is the wing on the league that fits better Trae and this team but you want him to pair him with Trae, JJ and 1st pick, that is your bet to become great. 

So any combination of DJM, OO, Hunter, Capela, Bogi needs to make the deal. We could sweeten the deal with Sac pick or any other pick. Bridges is good  but a pack of DJM, OO and Sac pick is fair deal. They don’t have any big salary to take and a core of DJM, Cam Thomas, Cam Johnson, OO and Claxton or any other center makes sense for them.

For us a team like this is good as well. We would still lack a center but overall we are good.

Trae/Bridges/Hunter/JJ/Capela

Bufkin/Bogi/Gueye/Bey/Sarr

Replacing Murray with Bridges isnt enough...

Gonna need more than that if they want to actually compete in the East...

9 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

At this point, you can't change it. The folks at the top have to work with what they have right now and either change things up and build around Trae or ship him out. I think building a Contender around Trae is going to be tough, but they might have to take one last stab at it.

While I think building around Trae is extremely hard, I don't think the Hawks have did their best to do so. They have let Trae down.

Good post...

I am still on the fences with they failed Trae. At the end of the day, the cost for Gobert was ridiculous but I would have never made the Murray trade if I didn't have confirmation from Minnesota to do a trade with KAT coming to Atlanta 

Gobert was realistically their only miss. Everything else they did was within reason. Even if I didn't agree like the Murray trade. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

I liked most of our moves. It's our resignings and lack of knowing when to come off shit not working that hurts. Dallas made way more mistakes with Luka than us. But they was anal to figure out how to fix it

Just now, terrell said:

Not happening..

Brooklyn would die laughing 

• Like 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

@AHF just so you see this. When I attack, they want to make me the bad guy but who's been getting the bad treatment without disrespecting anyone 

Don’t attack.  Report if someone is attacking you.  There has been some cleanup on this thread.

• Thanks 3

Hey everyone, I have a great idea. Let’s take another thread and turn it in to a draft discussion about Sarr, Edey, Clingan, and Risacher.

Let’s ignore the threads dedicated to those topics.

Matter of fact, why even have threads? Let’s create an open forum discussing the #1 pick and everyone’s dream trade for this offseason. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Hey everyone, I have a great idea. Let’s take another thread and turn it in to a draft discussion about Sarr, Edey, Clingan, and Risacher.

Let’s ignore the threads dedicated to those topics.

Matter of fact, why even have threads? Let’s create an open forum discussing the #1 pick and everyone’s dream trade for this offseason. 

Not sure if you are familiar with the squawk but we generally stick to one or two main threads it doesn’t matter the topic

we typically migrate when there is a big shift 

Edited by theheroatl