• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

42 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Yeah, he's absolutely playing out of position.  That's sort of the issue, though.  He's been terrible in these playoffs, largely playing PF minutes, and Quin wants guys that have multi-faceted games.  He wants guys that can switch defensively (KAT cannot).  He wants guys that can make reads and pass (KAT cannot).  He wants guys that play smart basketball (KAT doesn't).  The only thing that KAT does that Quin wants is he can shoot.  Does KAT have Hawks DNA?  Hell no.

AND he has gotten injuries in the past two years that have kept him out for multiple weeks at a time! That’s a huge risk for someone that’s literally the biggest contract on the team. I can’t trust KAT to be a good defensive center because he hasn’t shown to be that good of a defensive center since 2017-2018. Only reason you only get KAT is the offense and if your defense is set up already.

Edited by givemesome1ce1
Triple quote three times for some reason
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, givemesome1ce1 said:

AND he has gotten injuries in the past two years that have kept him out for multiple weeks at a time! That’s a huge risk for someone that’s literally the biggest contract on the team. I can’t trust KAT to be a good defensive center because he hasn’t shown to be that good of a defensive center since 2017-2018. Only reason you only get KAT is the offense and if your defense is set up already.

Triple quoting is due to an assessment about your perceived passion for you post.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The subtle troll by Trae to like this post has me rolling..  I agree with him LOL. The Hawks FO needs to get their heads out the sand and make some good deals.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

The subtle troll by Trae to like this post has me rolling..  I agree with him LOL. The Hawks FO needs to get their heads out the sand and make some good deals.

Some great moves due to fit… not just adding players because they have higher stats.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, givemesome1ce1 said:

I am fine with this comment but here’s the thing. In the Dallas series, the clear best defensive big man they had is Rudy Gobert. Naz Reid and KAT have been terrible. I am just not confident at all we can build a good defense with KAT. It’s easier to do it Brandon Ingram who’s shown he can be a good defender. Ingram is a B+ fit and that’s fine with me.

Gobert has been terrible too.

You know why?

Because they're trying to stop Luka Doncic and Kyrie Irving.  And when they overplay, this happens

It's just a bad matchup for them. But overall, KAT has not been a bad defender this season.

Once again, the ideal lineup would be KAT at C . . . Sarr as the roaming PF who can guard 3 positions . . . and JJ as the roaming SF that can guard 2 positions.

2 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

What does KAT

Who does KAT!

2 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

What does KAT have to offer to Atlanta that Sarr doesn't?  I'll say experience, knowing Sarr is 21 and has only played professionally since age 14, old age and the expectations of missing a lot of games due to injury.  

Oh, yes!  There will be a slight difference in the payroll hit with those posters who are aware of such things.

😍

A bit more difference, Gramps, is that Sarr is actually only 19, not 21. So he’s a full 9 years younger and, what, $36 million cheaper?

And in those additional nine years of experience, KAT only has two more playoff series wins than Sarr who’s never played a game in the NBA. 

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Last year it was like Luka was surrounded by basically Trae's supporting cast and he ...checks notes... didn't even make the play in.  

Bbbut wait ... they were ... tanking.

"Yeah, if we say it enough times people will start to believe it. " - Mavs 

That's the game of groans, baybee.  Why are we not out in the media sellin' that the Hawks tanked and won(sic) now that we got the #1 pick? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Gobert has been terrible too.

You know why?

Because they're trying to stop Luka Doncic and Kyrie Irving.  And when they overplay, this happens

It's just a bad matchup for them. But overall, KAT has not been a bad defender this season.

Once again, the ideal lineup would be KAT at C . . . Sarr as the roaming PF who can guard 3 positions . . . and JJ as the roaming SF that can guard 2 positions.

You gonna have to sell me on a plan B to work while Towns is out injured tho. 

14 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I am trying not to get into this KAT discussion. He  played great against Denver in the playoffs. He's having a bad series against the Mavs but they wouldn't even BE THERE had it not been for KAT in the 2nd round. 

I doubt they consider trading KAT. I’m not sure why we are even discussing KAT unless you or one of the other insiders know something is up.

the Wolves went deep in the playoffs which was the goal after the massive Gobert trade. It paid off and now we shouldn’t expect them to dismantle the team after a successful season.

They do need a younger PG but a trade of Murray for KAT, just doesn’t make sense for them anymore. I was once behind it but KATs Value surpasses Murray and it would just be hole for Minny to fill in.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

It was KAT’s defense vs Jokic that helped the Wolves pull out that series. He had to step up for Gobert who was getting bodied in the post.

Exactly why we should not expect KAT to get traded anytime soon. We have nothing to give them added value back.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, JTB said:

Exactly why we should not expect KAT to get traded anytime soon. We have nothing to give them added value back.

We need late June to get here like the desert needs rain.. my brain can’t handle anymore KAT or Edey discussion 

Trades and draft stuff really pick up 3rd week of June historically. Everyone really just on vacation right now

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

We need late June to get here like the desert needs rain.. my brain can’t handle anymore KAT or Edey discussion 

Trades and draft stuff really pick up 3rd week of June historically. Everyone really just on vacation right now

I hope the goal in late June is to keep Trae long term.

one thing I have not thought about is what this team looks like with Murray being the future point rather than Trae. If that does turns out to be the reality we will need to get another scorer to go along side Murray as he can not elevate us to a top 5 offense unit with scrubs around him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think it is because our Insiders were sharing news they had gotten that KAT was expected to be traded to avoid the tax near year when ARod and Co. were buying the team.  (It later became public that ARod and Co. in fact did intend to dodge the tax next year and that was why the sale wasn't consummated.)  During this time, there was a lot of discussion about whether the Hawks should make a move for KAT.

I think this is just a holdover.  I agree that KAT is not likely to go anywhere at this point but Minnesota's struggles have at least raised the question for some posters for whether they will be willing to pay the tax for this team and if they won't then KAT becomes an obvious potential move to reduce the payroll.  

I would be surprised if they moved KAT now though. It would definitely send the wrong message to the players and fan base.

ya know very Resseler like.

1 minute ago, BangHolman said:

We always discuss KAT

We don't need an overpriced possibly declining KAT. Look at the moves Knicks and Mavs made. They brought in some high energy defensive dogs. That's what we should be doing. 

• Like 3