• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Fields is either upping trade offers or he is about to reach Billy Knight status. Sometimes the no brainer choice is just that. Sarr has better handles than Risacher at this point. I like Risacher better than Hunter but c'mon.

I don't think this is Fields.  I think this more Tony Ressler.  It sounds like a similar process to 2018.  The Hawks couldn't keep Luka because Tony wanted Trae.  Perhaps the Hawks can't take Sarr because Tony wants Clingan.  And if the Hawks trade Murray to get him, whew boy.  I don't see Trae being enthused.

• Like 1

I tried to tell yall as soon as they got this pick, the overthinking nonsense was going to start.  I've been a fan since birth, but if their answer to bringing this organization back to any level of respectability is Risacher/Clingan, we in trouble.  You have first damn pick and the right person at one is sitting there.  The Hawks are going to pick the same damn person that they would have picked at 10 at 1. Insiders...you have my attention. 

Do they still challenge people to duels? Tony.....or Nick....it's on!

IMG_2830.gif

Edited by deester11
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

I don't think this is Fields.  I think this more Tony Ressler.  It sounds like a similar process to 2018.  The Hawks couldn't keep Luka because Tony wanted Trae.  Perhaps the Hawks can't take Sarr because Tony wants Clingan.  And if the Hawks trade Murray to get him, whew boy.  I don't see Trae being enthused.

Could be the opposite.  Trae might be thinking Sarr is too raw, and he's looking for solid paint defense, better screening, etc.  Clingan is immediate production in a lot of our weakest areas.  Could easily see Trae wanting Clingan over Sarr.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Sothron said:

If we can get Risacher and Clingan out of this draft we solve two issues with the roster.

seems like they add two players to the roster, but don't solve issues. 

Our biggest issues are perimeter / POA defense. 

Risacher provides MORE scoring -- something that's not an issue. 
Clingan provides MORE screening and rebounding -- Clint already does that. 

I feel my fandom dying with this brass. 

Edited by warcore
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Damn, we're going to f--k this up, aren't we?

I got news for ya, 'Cyde.  Toni and his nepo-baby pretty much guarantee the answer to this question. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

3 minutes ago, warcore said:

IMG_4677.gif

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Could be the opposite.  Trae might be thinking Sarr is too raw, and he's looking for solid paint defense, better screening, etc.  Clingan is immediate production in a lot of our weakest areas.  Could easily see Trae wanting Clingan over Sarr.  

Based on Trae's recent likes and comments on social media, I don't think rookies are his preference.

If they like Risacher, then they should just look at trading for Zach Levine. He’s better than Risacher today and tomorrow. Satisfies Trae’s want for more immediate help. Dump Clint and Hunter contracts. Draft Sarr. 

• Like 3

Just now, bird_dirt said:

If they like Risacher, then they should just look at trading for Zach Levine. He’s better than Risacher today and tomorrow. Satisfies Trae’s want for more immediate help. Dump Clint and Hunter contracts. Draft Sarr. 

I could get behind this.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RedDawg#8 said:

We have zero direction or vision at the top. We don’t know who or what we want to be.,

That’s the Resslers, IMO.  Fields comes from the Spurs organization.  He knows what he wants to build, but has been handcuffed.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

There's a lot of ideas on what dumping Clint and Hunter looks like.  I don't see them netting us much of anything in return.  Chicago will probably want younger players.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

We have zero direction or vision at the top. We don’t know who or what we want to be.,

Trying my best to detect lies ........

9 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

I never thought I’d be interested in Lavine, but it kinda makes sense. 

.... I've heard worst cases being made.

My goodness, what have we become? 

2 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

There's a lot of ideas on what dumping Clint and Hunter looks like.  I don't see them netting us much of anything in return.  Chicago will probably want younger players.  

I doubt that if they're runnin it back with Zerozen and Vuc. 

Edited by kg01
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

I never thought I’d be interested in Lavine, but it kinda makes sense. 

Me either.  But I'm having a fit and what I'm seeing right now is giving me Hawk PTSD. I fall for their incompetence time after time. 

EBEFBBE8-DCF4-4AD6-A00D-1C3F73B5FB3B.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

I would quit as a Hawks fan. This would effectively end my 39 year run. 

I just… no. We can’t. 

This is how I feel. 

I can't stand the Resslers.... bird-ass-lookin' family. 

• Sad 2