• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

43 minutes ago, warcore said:

seems like they add two players to the roster, but don't solve issues. 

Our biggest issues are perimeter / POA defense. 

Risacher provides MORE scoring -- something that's not an issue. 
Clingan provides MORE screening and rebounding -- Clint already does that. 

I feel my fandom dying with this brass. 

Our biggest issue is the center spot for production and POA defense. 

Both players mentioned solves both issues. This is obviously a question of preference because the two players mention solve things for the Hawks if that's the direction they want to go in. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, deester11 said:

Risacher doesn't solve perimeter defense in the least. Scoring is not the problem.

I disagree. I completely disagree. He has the most potential of the NBA ready big wings in terms of POA defense and he's already good and can defend 1-3. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Trading back to #2 doesn't even pass the sniff test if you’re the Wizards.  There is no consensus #1 pick like last year so this trade means you have to convince WAS that we would pick Sarr instead of the guy we actually want (Risacher) with the number 1 pick.  Why would they buy that?  If Risacher is our guy, wed just pick him at #1 anyways.

And if Trae wants Clingan and is the driving force for our draft pick, thats the tail wagging the dog.  If Trae is threatening to request a trade if we dont pick a win-now rookie or trade our pick, just cut the tail off.  Clingan is not the answer and I really hope the FO isnt looking at Lively in DAL, thinking we can replicate that bc we cant.  We need to stay true to Quin and Landrys player profile philosophies— being able to dribble, shoot, pass, and defend multiple positions.

If Quin wants a win-now rookie, cut that tail off too? 

1 hour ago, Jody23 said:

I don't think this is Fields.  I think this more Tony Ressler.  It sounds like a similar process to 2018.  The Hawks couldn't keep Luka because Tony wanted Trae.  Perhaps the Hawks can't take Sarr because Tony wants Clingan.  And if the Hawks trade Murray to get him, whew boy.  I don't see Trae being enthused.

This could all just be rumor mill, but if true, it baffles my mind how someone that became a billionaire can be so ignorant.  Egos are powerful things.  He didn’t make his initial wealth in basketball decisions.  Why does he think he is qualified to assess talent and build a team?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Our biggest issue is the center spot for production and POA defense

Both players mentioned solves both issues. This is obviously a question of preference because the two players mention solve things for the Hawks if that's the direction they want to go in. 

Risacher is not a C and he is not a POA defender. 

Clingan is not a POA defender. 

These are not questions of personal preference. 

What's obvious, is that Risacher is not a C. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I disagree. I completely disagree. He has the most potential of the NBA ready big wings in terms of POA defense and he's already good and can defend 1-3. 

That's cool Supes but I'm not a believer in that from him.  Or at least defensively I'll bet on Sarr long term before him. 

Edited by deester11
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Trading back to #2 doesn't even pass the sniff test if you’re the Wizards.  There is no consensus #1 pick like last year so this trade means you have to convince WAS that we would pick Sarr instead of the guy we actually want (Risacher) with the number 1 pick.  Why would they buy that?  If Risacher is our guy, wed just pick him at #1 anyways.

And if Trae wants Clingan and is the driving force for our draft pick, thats the tail wagging the dog.  If Trae is threatening to request a trade if we dont pick a win-now rookie or trade our pick, just cut the tail off.  Clingan is not the answer and I really hope the FO isnt looking at Lively in DAL, thinking we can replicate that bc we cant.  We need to stay true to Quin and Landrys player profile philosophies— being able to dribble, shoot, pass, and defend multiple positions.

If Trae wants Clingan or Edey, he would be way smarter than I thought he would be in this process. If this is the case, I am proud of Trae for finally realizing, he needs a 5 who's not washed and play with him and optimize us. 

Clingan and Edey would easily be our best center day 1 for the style of play Trae wants to play. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Welcome to June everybody.

Repeat after me 'I will do my best to not overreact to whatever 'story' I'm reading right now, I will wait until draft night and toss my remote after the Hawks screw it up' 

We have over 3+ weeks of more of this.....so everybody.....RELAX 😌 

I'm trying. I really am.  This happens at the trade deadline too, but somehow this feels stupider 😂😂😂.

IMG_4693.gif

• Haha 2

Just now, warcore said:

Risacher is not a C and he is not a POA defender. 

Clingan is not a POA defender. 

These are not questions of personal preference. 

What's obvious, is that Risacher is not a C. 

Lmao, now you are trolling. I was clearly talking about Risacher as a PoA and Clingan as a center but go ahead, be mad about it. The Hawks would finally be coming to their senses and not doing some idiotic shit. There is a reason why no one is calling to trade up for Sarr. He's just a nice to have that could be special but he could also be another Wiseman which is far more likely. 

6 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I agree— If Trae is the one influencing the decisions, we may have to trade him… just not to the Spurs.  Lively plays his well-defined role well.  Dallas doesn’t count on him to do anything beyond being complementary.  A top pick needs to have the potential to at least be the initiator at times.  Risacher and Sarr have an arc to possibly be that one day.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
45 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

If they like Risacher, then they should just look at trading for Zach Levine

40 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

I never thought I’d be interested in Lavine, but it kinda makes sense. 

32 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

There's a lot of ideas on what dumping Clint and Hunter looks like.  I don't see them netting us much of anything in return.  Chicago will probably want younger players.  

With LaVine’s market barely materializing, it appears Chicago might be willing to simply perform a salary dump deal.

So I think Chi will have to pay an asset

31 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I doubt that if they're runnin it back with Zerozen and Vuc. 

The Lavine idea actually made me pause and think.....but that would require ownership to spend.

• Like 4

Landry and Tony are finally doing the right thing. f*** the consensus, draft the best f***ing player. No way you can watch Sarr full games and be like, yeah, this is the best pick for a team that's win now. []

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Landry and Tony are finally doing the right thing. f*** the consensus, draft the best f***ing player. No way you can watch Sarr full games and be like, yeah, this is the best pick for a team that's win now. []

The win now portion should be trades that are made to improve this team. If a GM is dumb enough to think the players in this draft puts them in win now mode, they should be fired.  

The Hawks as they stand are nothing more than a mid team.  No rookie will change that but the upside for Sarr is real.  That is a general consensus.  Why not add win now players with your best trade chip (Murray/Trae) and get a player in the draft who IF he reaches that upside puts you in win now mode long term? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, deester11 said:

The win now portion should be trades that are made to improve this team. If a GM is dumb enough to think the players in this draft puts them in win now mode, they should be fired.  

The Hawks as they stand are nothing more than a mid team.  No rookie will change that but the upside for Sarr is real.  That is a general consensus.  Why not add win now players with your best trade chip (Murray/Trae) and get a player in the draft who IF he reaches that upside puts you in win now mode long term? 

Nope! You are supposed to leverage all channels. The draft, FA, trades, etc. Sure, only relying on the draft is stupid, leveraging the draft, FA, trades plus you have a TPE is what you have. As long as we are willing to pay the LT, we have a bevy of options.

I don't care about Sarr ceiling if he's nearly as far floor wise as JJ was when we took him. Easy pass. We are win now and we aren't drafting in the late teens. We need to come away with guys who can help us asap and yes, there are those guys in this draft. 

Also, why draft someone positive blocked by JJ who already fits Trae well. That's just being stupid and going for luxury when we need to win now. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

With LaVine’s market barely materializing, it appears Chicago might be willing to simply perform a salary dump deal.

So I think Chi will have to pay an asset

The Lavine idea actually made me pause and think.....but that would require ownership to spend.

CC/Dre salary a wash with Lavine’s so the only extra salary is another roster spot. 
Chi could also include Jevon Carter or KB’s favorite prototype player Drummond. 

• Haha 2