• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

Just now, JeffS17 said:

Why would Trae want JC back lol

Thats the rumor that Trae would be open to JC back but as a backup behind JJ. In fact, none of this JC back to Atlanta stuff had any legs till recently when Trae got involved in the process. 

• Confused 6

4 minutes ago, HawkingAwesome said:

i see 

I completely disagree with @gurpilo

Indy was worse than us last year

Dallas and Minnesota was right there with us.

All of them was in the conference finals this year. 

Our issues was center, POA perimeter defense which may always be an issue but was massively one with the Trae and Murray pairing as well as depth due to our unwillingness to pay the LT.

PITP, transition defense, and paint scoring was a massive issue for us last year. We could fix two out of 3 with Clingan or Edey and with Edey, we unlock Trae as well off the ball offense. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Which is fine for me, there is no way we can get a roster in 2 years that is capable to win with Trae as PG

This is false.  Congrats on finding something @NBASupes and I agree on. 

30 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

Careful, you’re going to get @AHF all riled up. 

Riled up?  Is he ever riled down? 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I would quit as a Hawks fan. This would effectively end my 39 year run. 

I just… no. We can’t. 

Im actually of the same mindset but it would more so be until the resslers are gone.  I just can't support them interjecting themselves and messing crap up over and over again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/31/2024 at 12:04 PM, NBASupes said:

Intel

1. Nothing on the Hawks front other than they really like Knecht, Edey, Clingan, Risacher, Sarr, and Matas. Edey, Knecht, and Matas are guys they are looking at if they move down from 1. I am told Clingan is getting serious looks at 1 from Atlanta as well. Many teams believe Risacher is likely who Atlanta will take. 

2. Clingan is the hottest player in this class aside from Risacher. He's getting a lot of calls. I am told, Houston feels they will be able to trade down. 

3. Most teams have Sarr, Risacher, or Sheppard as their top prospect. No one has Clingan but I am told that teams are trying to move up for Risacher and Clingan but no one is trying to move up for Sarr or Sheppard. This always says something because it means teams don't see Sarr as someone who can help them right now. More of a long term play but teams are willing to give up future assets for Risacher and Clingan. 

4. Edey ceiling is currently at 10 and his floor is at 21. Memphis is a wild card. They are mainly open to moving up for Clingan. 

5. Washington has pretty much let it be known that it's Risacher or Sarr. Who's left is who they want unless both are available which from what I've been told isn't highly likely. 

6. LA may use their 1st on Bronny James. The fear is if Phoenix drafts him, Bron will leave to play for the vet min on a stacked squad leaving LA in an awful position with no 2025 1st. 

Risacher and sarr are going 1 and 2 just nobody knows the order rn. Haven’t heard anything but I am leaning they take Risacher 1 

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Imagine watching Rudy Gobert get exposed in the playoffs and thinking that a drop big is the way to go.  

Rudy defense hasn’t been an issue this playoffs. They can’t get a stop without him on the court lol 

His problem is his offense and inability to punish people smaller than him. That’s not an issue for clingan. And clignan is such a better passer his dho game would be crazy. You also have Onyeka still to not have to play drop 48 minutes a game 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Team needs - POA defense, Lob threats, Floor Spacing, FT shooting at all positions.  In crunchtime in tight games, you will lose by missing FTs.  Clingan is a lane clogger who can't shoot at all and can't make FTs.  We will have to sub him out at crunchtime.

Clingan provides none of what we need.  I can't believe some folks are considering this dude.  These type of players do not win in the playoffs unless it's Shaq, I don't give a damn about being a 48 win team.  We will get smoked in the playoffs.  I'll take my chances with Edey over Clingan.

I love Trae but I just don't care what he wants.  Draft Sarr and ignore the noise.  Listening to all these peoples opinions is what got us into this mess.  This is the first time in forever we have a chance to draft a potential star player and ppl want to settle for Clingan.  WTF

Edited by AtLaS
  • Like 3

Just now, Mikey said:

Rudy defense hasn’t been an issue this playoffs. They can’t get a stop without him on the court lol 

His problem is his offense and inability to punish people smaller than him. That’s not an issue for clingan. And clignan is such a better passer his dho game would be crazy. You also have Onyeka still to not have to play drop 48 minutes a game 

Gobert’s inability to play anything other than drop is exposed every year in the playoffs.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I completely disagree with @gurpilo

Indy was worse than us last year

Dallas and Minnesota was right there with us.

All of them was in the conference finals this year. 

Our issues was center, POA perimeter defense which may always be an issue but was massively one with the Trae and Murray pairing as well as depth due to our unwillingness to pay the LT.

PITP, transition defense, and paint scoring was a massive issue for us last year. We could fix two out of 3 with Clingan or Edey and with Edey, we unlock Trae as well off the ball offense. 

that's how i see it as well. 

25 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Malcolm Brodgon for our TPE and AJ Griffin

CC for JC back since Trae wants JC back.

Clingan at 1 or Edey and Knecht for 4 and 8 any order, just get it done. 

If this is the offseason Trae wants and the players and type trae wants.  Then you can sign me up as the main guy all in on a Trae trade.  Thats like the complete opposite of what i prefer and want the team to be built like lol.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Gobert’s inability to play anything other than drop is exposed every year in the playoffs.  

edey doesn't have the same problems as offense as gobert edey can actually grab the ball

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HawkingAwesome said:

edey doesn't have the same problems as offense as gobert edey can actually grab the ball

Edey can’t defend a chair, and he’s limited to the post on offense.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Threezus said:

If this is the offseason Trae wants and the players and type trae wants.  Then you can sign me up as the main guy all in on a Trae trade.  Thats like the complete opposite of what i prefer and want the team to be built like lol.

That would be the worst defensive team in the NBA.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Except the numbers don’t show that what’s so ever and finch wasn’t running drop exclusively for Rudy. They played at the level a ton but KAT and Naz are so horrible as the low man it didn’t work. Only thing that worked for thme was drop 

• Like 1

hace 26 minutos, kg01 dijo:

This is false.  Congrats on finding something @NBASupes and I agree on. 

Riled up?  Is he ever riled down? 

Well probable you all have a plan that can build a contender un 2 years before Trae contract is over. Please tell me which realistic plan makes us a contender. When I say realistic is trades that other team could really do, not pipe dreams. I honestly cannot see any.

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Except the numbers don’t show that what’s so ever and finch wasn’t running drop exclusively for Rudy. They played at the level a ton but KAT and Naz are so horrible as the low man it didn’t work. Only thing that worked for thme was drop 

It was the same issues in Utah.