• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

5 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Well probable you all have a plan that can build a contender un 2 years before Trae contract is over. Please tell me which realistic plan makes us a contender. When I say realistic is trades that other team could really do, not pipe dreams. I honestly cannot see any.

It's not that hard.  And it's not about major trades.  We have, and always had, some gaping holes that can be filled.

Heck, having Vit for a full year could make a tangible difference.  We're not that far away. 

• Like 4

hace 7 minutos, kg01 dijo:

It's not that hard.  And it's not about major trades.  We have, and always had, some gaping holes that can be filled.

Heck, having Vit for a full year could make a tangible difference.  We're not that far away. 

Well, I don't agree, we are in big need of defense, size and shooting at all positions, is not so easy to fill 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Malcolm Brodgon for our TPE and AJ Griffin

CC for JC back since Trae wants JC back.

Clingan at 1 or Edey and Knecht for 4 and 8 any order, just get it done. 

50 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Thats the rumor that Trae would be open to JC back but as a backup behind JJ. In fact, none of this JC back to Atlanta stuff had any legs till recently when Trae got involved in the process. 

major concern to me that Trae wants Collin’s back. It’s a bad contract and will Collin’s truly be ok coming back to play off the bench ???

if the hawks do bring Collin’s back we need them to attach Lauri to the deal. Can’t just take back a bad contract.

im not going to lie …if this is true of Trae and they (the FO) is actually considering it, we need to draft Sarr and not look back.

Giving into trae demands for true improvement is one thing that I’m ok with …but bringing back players we know are overpaid?!…nah Trae will bail on us with this type of thinking and id be all for drafting Sarr if that’s the case cause then we are waiting out the development of Sarr either way.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

:er: Explain.

Yeah I hope the Collin’s being wanted back doesn’t have legs cause it’s a big disappointment of Trae for me, if it’s true.

maybe the other insiders can weigh in on what they heard @Sothron @thecampster @Mikey

with Trae being in a do or die year, more than likely the hawks are going to at least listen to his wants/demands. 

• Moderators
5 hours ago, KB21 said:

Clingan will not be a veteran that Quin plays because of his veteran status, and I highly doubt Quin wants to limit his defensive scheme by trying to play a drop only big like Clingan heavy minutes.  If you try to play Clingan at or above the screen, he’s going to get cooked.  

You say this under a scenario where we traded DJM for a lottery pick and used it on Clingan?  If what you just posted is true, we will not have drafted Clingan because what you said conflicts with the scenario we are discussing.

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I want our Front Office making the decisions.

There’s nothing wrong with listening to your franchise stars input or wants. Doesn’t mean you have to abide to it.

either way it goes, in this era FO’s listen to their stars wants and that’s not going to change.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Well, I don't agree, we are in big need of defense, size and shooting at all positions, is not so easy to fill 

We do have gaping holes.  Easy to fill?  I agree with @gurpilo.  It’s not gonna be easy, but we can do it.

1 minute ago, terrell said:

"High lottery pick on a big who is a long term backup"

You mean like Okungwu? 😀 

I keep forgetting that this is a fan base who believes you have to be 7 foot and 300 plus pounds to be a real center.  

• Confused 2

5 hours ago, KB21 said:

I encourage everyone who believes this is a good idea to listen to the Upside Swings podcast I posted where they discussed Clingan, Edey, Ware, and Holmes.  

I may take Ware over all 4 of these guys tbh.. lol

5 hours ago, KB21 said:

If I had to guess, the Resslers want Clingan, and the front office is trying to figure out a way to get one of their top two players on the board while also getting Clingan for the Resslers.  So, once again this is likely a situation where the Resslers are interjecting themselves and f***ing this up.  

Why would the Resslers want Clingan? He isn't selling any tickets.. lol

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, warcore said:

Risacher is not a C and he is not a POA defender. 

Clingan is not a POA defender. 

These are not questions of personal preference. 

What's obvious, is that Risacher is not a C. 

Sarr isn't a center either, at least not right now. There's potential fit issues. mean you don't draft him if you believe in his talent, but it's there. I think Sarr has a higher ceiling than Risacher, but a lower floor. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

That would be the worst defensive team in the NBA.  

We already were while Trae was healthy along with the Pacers.  So pretty much keeping everything the same just with younger players XD

4 hours ago, Final_quest said:

Could be the opposite.  Trae might be thinking Sarr is too raw, and he's looking for solid paint defense, better screening, etc.  Clingan is immediate production in a lot of our weakest areas.  Could easily see Trae wanting Clingan over Sarr.  

Yeah and then Trae leaves after we pass on Sarr.. lmao

What a joke

LF, PLEASE STOP LISTENING TO TRAE YOUNG AND THE RESSLERS when it comes to drafting/trades.. smfh

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1