• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

1 minute ago, Jody23 said:

Lol, I'm past "could be".  Ressler has disregarded his front office multiple times, but makes sure someone else gets the heat when it fails.  This is why I don't get upset with Landry.  We know who's making the calls for the Hawks and it's unfortunate.

Well my stance on how the draft should be approached is centered around Traes longevity for the team and if he’s bought in AND what’s best for the franchise.

This is why I want Sarr and Clingan or Sarr and Edey.

The risk of not drafting Sarr to meet Traes demands is scary. The risk of not at least trying to put the best fit players around Trae is scary. So just do both, while you can.

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

Except it can’t, because Sarr has no limitations on defense.  

image.gif.a275c723b13ad3d6c112657757b573c1.gif

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, JTB said:

Because someone convinced him that Trae and Clingan are perfect fits which they are. This may be the one time Tony’s wants actually make sense for once from a fit perspective.

yet every one hates it 😂 

It’s the unfortunate truth of this era. Like it or not.

More likely because Clingan is a well known college player.  It was the same reason he wanted Trae over Luka.  Nothing analytical about it.

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Landry and Tony are finally doing the right thing. f*** the consensus, draft the best f***ing player. No way you can watch Sarr full games and be like, yeah, this is the best pick for a team that's win now. Only an idiot would do that shit 

The Hawks are a win now team? Win what? 

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, KB21 said:

The thing with Risacher is that his on ball defense can be good, but I wouldn’t call him a POA defender.  His off the ball defense is bad though.  

His off ball is good tho. His last like three games been bad tape tho. He’s a good defender tho. 

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Again the numbers said gobert was one of the most impactful players in the playoffs lmao. 

https://www.slcdunk.com/2021/10/26/22711044/is-the-utah-jazz-defense-finally-changing

Until the playoffs start, that is. 

Every type of defense has a flaw, a weakness to be exploited. That’s what the playoffs are all about. The disadvantage of this Jazz defense is its complete reliance upon Gobert to protect the paint. If he is pulled out to defend the perimeter, his teammates are not equipped to cover for him. The Jazz defense becomes a layup line. Utah has fallen victim to this too many times. Quin Snyder needs to prepare this team to defend differently when a playoff opponent takes advantage of their system.

• Premium Member

The Rockets would be open to trading the No. 3 overall pick for Mikal Bridges, per

(espn.com/nba/insider/st). Houston owns the Nets’ future draft picks through 2027 because of the James Harden trade.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Final_quest dijo:

We do have gaping holes.  Easy to fill?  I agree with @gurpilo.  It’s not gonna be easy, but we can do it.

Well tell me a SG that we can get on the market and fits Trae.

And tell me a C that is available abd fits Trae and this team.

The names are really limited and out of our range.

Edited by gurpilo
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Wolves won the Gobert minutes heavily.  Their problem is they have two centers and no good facilitator or playmaker.  Ant disappeared and KAT is KAT, cant ever expect him to find another gear for the postseason.  Gobert was by far their best player this playoffs.  

Gobert can play more than drop anyways, hes one of the best perimeter defensing centers in the league.  But I still dont want a nonshooting center that can only play drop and is immobile

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Thats the rumor that Trae would be open to JC back but as a backup behind JJ. In fact, none of this JC back to Atlanta stuff had any legs till recently when Trae got involved in the process. 

This F.O thinking Trae Young is Lebron/Luka/Jokic etc is INSANE....

It would be hilarious if I wasn't  a Hawks fan...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Threezus said:

If this is the offseason Trae wants and the players and type trae wants.  Then you can sign me up as the main guy all in on a Trae trade.  Thats like the complete opposite of what i prefer and want the team to be built like lol.

This

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

This is what I want the Hawks to do:  draft whichever player they think has the best chance of developing into an All-Star, because the one thing we need is more high-end talent. We are a talent starved team. 

After that - focus on reconfiguring and rebuilding the roster around Trae and Jalen.

Allll of thissss!!!

• Like 1

Hawks should listen to all their players, not just one.  After they listen, they should then go ahead and do what they were going to do anyway.  This is my advice.  They have never listened to any of my advice.

Hawk's owner wants to win.  Why wouldn't he.  The better the record, the more valuable the team becomes.

Too many cooks will spoil the broth.  Get out of the way of our GM and let him do his thing.

:smug:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

This is just categorically wrong. Risacher is the best POA defender in the draft. He's literally what we thought Hunter would be when we foolishly gave up so much to move up to draft him.

As an aside...I'm not saying the Hawks are definitely doing what I am hearing. It is just what I have been told by sources I trust is the current feeling among the FO. We have like three more weeks of this. Be ready and try not to overreact. 

My only personal fear with this franchise is the Tony Ressler problem. We have the most interfering owner in professional sports. If the Hawks got actual, real coverage I truly believe the fanbase would be in uproar over him.  If he stays out of the way and let's Landry do his work I do think we have competent FO people in place.

jerryapproves.gif.e8ab949d6bd364589e49f2a938fc0bdb.gif

• Haha 1