• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

39 minutes ago, terrell said:

Trae wants who?

Trade his ass to Utah then. Smfh

The Hawks are trying their best to lose me as a fan if this shit is true..... Good grief...

Trae don't want Collins back.  Cmon, terr-elmo. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member

If the scenario that triggered today's conversation actually transpires, the Hawks will likely be worse next year.  To get another top pick in this draft, you would have to give up Trae or Dejounte.  To make room for Clingan and Risacher, you're likely moving Hunter and Capela which won't net a significant return.  Where are the other avenues to turn the team into a playoff contender next season?  I just don't see it.  Two rookies and two second year players who didn't play much last year (Bufkin and Guye) in your regular rotation is not the recipe for "win now".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I ain’t heard shit about JC to Atlanta and there is zero chance that is happening. The dude wanted out of Atlanta he’s not coming back 

steve-harvey-thank-you-jesus.gif.1a8706006c85945ec23e19dabf68af97.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

44 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

There is NO guarantee Trae will be here in two years let alone next year.  His vibes toward the Hawks since the offseason started haven't exactly screamed "bought in".  Taking lower ceiling, "win now" prospects when you have the number #1 pick is most assuredly a way to set the franchise back even further.  The term "win now" in relation to rookies has always been silly to me.  Rookies don't drive winning (at a high level) in this league.  It seems we have these unrealistic expectations of rookies every year.  In the words of Brad Rowland, "rookies are bad".

Exactly...

21 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

If the scenario that triggered today's conversation actually transpires, the Hawks will likely be worse next year.  To get another top pick in this draft, you would have to give up Trae or Dejounte.  To make room for Clingan and Risacher, you're likely moving Hunter and Capela which won't net a significant return.  Where are the other avenues to turn the team into a playoff contender next season?  I just don't see it.  Two rookies and two second year players who didn't play much last year (Bufkin and Guye) in your regular rotation is not the recipe for "win now".

Why does everyone do this ??

I said in the beginning of the off season that some of the hawks current starters need to go to the bench. They includes Hunter and Capela.

we don’t have to get rid of our veteran help just because we are bringing in their future replacements. As a matter of fact we should hold on to them and stop being cheap. That’s part of the problem. Hunter and Risacher can split minutes until Risacher fully takes Hunters spot. Clingan will take Capela minutes immediately and we can just bring CC off the bench until we trade him for good value. 

just getting rid of talent to get rid of it need to STOP.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

The best POA defender in this draft is Ryan Dunn.  He just can’t shoot it at all.  

This. I've no problem with Risacher if it wasn't for number one which he may be. He still doesn't solve the perimeter issue and I've seen him enough. If this organization chooses him..so be it, but as much as I can't stand Hunter, you'll see if he's the pick.

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, JTB said:

I said in the beginning of the off season that some of the hawks current starters need to go to the bench. They includes Hunter and Capela.

we don’t have to get rid of our veteran help just because we are bringing in their future replacements. As a matter of fact we should hold on to them and stop being cheap. That’s part of the problem. Hunter and Risacher can split minutes until Risacher fully takes Hunters spot. Clingan will take Capela minutes immediately and we can just bring CC off the bench until we trade him for good value. 

back ups making more than starters?

43 minutes ago, kg01 said:

As ever, folks here forgetting wandering in the wilderness without an actual allNBA caliber guy.  They have one now so they forget how hard it is to get and keep one. 

atlanta thinks they're L.A.

• Premium Member
43 minutes ago, JTB said:

Respectfully, this is not at all realistic and ignores the norms of this league.  Hunter and Capela aren't going to the bench for rookies and they aren't splitting minutes with them.  That's not how things in the NBA work.  Rookies don't automatically have the trust or respect of coaches or the other players in the locker room.  That has to be earned and rookies don't get that immediately and seldom do in year one.  Realistically, Risacher and Clingan will not be better players than Hunter and Capela in year one.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, HawkingAwesome said:

back ups making more than starters?

When we signed Bogi and Gallo as FAs they came off the bench behind our guys on rookie scale contracts. But Huerter and Collins weren't rookies.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

This is not at all realistic and ignores the norms of this league.  Hunter and Capela aren't going to the bench for rookies.  Rookies don't automatically have the trust or respect of coaches or the other players in the locker room.  That has to be earned and you don't get that in year one.  Realistically, Risacher and Clingan will not be better players in year one than Hunter and Capela.

Well we don't need them then.. lmao

25 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

When we signed Bogi and Gallo as FAs they came off the bench behind our guys on rookie scale contracts. But Huerter and Collins weren't rookies.

It’s the same thing though. The young guys had to develop but we had quality vets behind them.

• Premium Member

Though it's not a popular idea around these parts, there is a real pathway to Brandon Ingram being on the Hawks next year.  That would make taking Risacher even more of a head scatcher imo.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

But it's not though. 

Correct.  I believe Huerter was a third year player and Collins a fourth year player when they signed Bogi and Gallo.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Nic Claxton likely to re-sign with Nets

More and more the perception around the NBA is that Nic Claxton is likely to re-sign with the Nets. That conceivably could happen before anybody else gets a chance to officially bid, with Brooklyn having an exclusive negotiating window with their center that starts the day after the NBA Finals ends. Other teams can’t negotiate with Claxton until 6 p.m. on June 30. It remains to be seen if the Nets will sign him before then, or at all. But there’s a perception among league executives who spoke with The Post that he’s likely to re-sign.

– via New York Post
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

But it's not though. 

Risacher likely wouldn’t beat out Hunter as starter but Clingan would definitely beat out Capela.

overtime throughout the season Risacher will beat Hunter out just not immediately.

its a good mix of young talent and veterans. Same thing as ECF year. It doesn’t matter if it’s year 1 or 2. The rookies , year 1 or 2 players will all just have a specific role on a winning team.

You all forget OO was a rookie and already our 2nd best defensive big man during the ECF run. We had to throw OO on Embiid and Giannis.

Rookies are capable of fulfilling specific roles on winning teams.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, KB21 said:

https://www.slcdunk.com/2021/10/26/22711044/is-the-utah-jazz-defense-finally-changing

Until the playoffs start, that is. 

Every type of defense has a flaw, a weakness to be exploited. That’s what the playoffs are all about. The disadvantage of this Jazz defense is its complete reliance upon Gobert to protect the paint. If he is pulled out to defend the perimeter, his teammates are not equipped to cover for him. The Jazz defense becomes a layup line. Utah has fallen victim to this too many times. Quin Snyder needs to prepare this team to defend differently when a playoff opponent takes advantage of their system.

I promise you, you don’t have to push an agenda for everything LOL. Gobert net rating numbers and plus minus were great in the playoffs. He was top 5 in terms of value. Like there’s multiple ways to play and win basketball games 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2