• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, JTB said:

Risacher likely wouldn’t beat out Hunter as starter but Clingan would definitely beat out Capela.

overtime throughout the season Risacher will beat Hunter out just not immediately.

its a good mix of young talent and veterans. Same thing as ECF year. It doesn’t matter if it’s year 1 or 2. The rookies , year 1 or 2 players will all just have a specific role on a winning team.

You all forget OO was a rookie and already our 2nd best defensive big man during the ECF run. We had to throw OO on Embiid and Giannis.

Rookies are capable of fulfilling specific roles on winning teams.

Still waiting for OO to beat out CC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I promise you, you don’t have to push an agenda for everything LOL. Gobert net rating numbers and plus minus were great in the playoffs. He was top 5 in terms of value. Like there’s multiple ways to play and win basketball games 

Well, keep thinking that the team he’s on will eventually have success in the playoffs when he weaknesses of drop coverage just continue to get exposed.  

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Trae is going to have very little input in this.

The name that very few people are talking about, is Quin Snyder.

He has 10x more influence on this draft pick, than Trae. Until I see Trae at a workout with one or more of these guys, I refuse to believe he has major influence on who they select.

Exactly.  Trae hasn't uttered a peep about the Hawks getting the 1st pick, but we're supposed to believe he's involved with evaluating the prospects 😂.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

I also have it on good authority he was a locker room mole. More often than not when you saw a bad report from the athletic or ajc it was from him. Atl don’t want him back and he don’t wanna be back. Good riddance to that loser 

We did the right thing trading him.  

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Well, keep thinking that the team he’s on will eventually have success in the playoffs when he weaknesses of drop coverage just continue to get exposed.  

They were best with their drop. They also just went to the conference finals. What are we doing here. They had a successful szn. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Exactly.  Trae hasn't uttered a peep about the Hawks getting the 1st pick, but we're supposed to believe he's involved with evaluating the prospects 😂.

I don’t understand why it’s so sensitive to talk about Trae having any influence.  It doesn’t mean he’s the final say or that he has to approve, but I think it’s fine to get some feedback from Trae.  This is a guy who will be the main lob threat and screener.

They should get feedback from Trae, no?  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
52 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I don’t understand why it’s so sensitive to talk about Trae having any influence.  It doesn’t mean he’s the final say or that he has to approve, but I think it’s fine to get some feedback from Trae.  This is a guy who will be the main lob threat and screener.

They should get feedback from Trae, no?  

Oh, I believe they've talked to Trae.  But, I think the idea he's perhaps heavily invested in this draft is overstated at minimum.  He wants to win now and he's not banking on rookies to do it.  I still wouldn't be surprised if he were to ask out this offseason.

19 minutes ago, Mikey said:

They were best with their drop. They also just went to the conference finals. What are we doing here. They had a successful szn. 

I’m pointing out the fact that you can’t win with drop only in the playoffs.  

8 minutes ago, Mikey said:

If the hawks take clingan they will not be a drop only team…

Only if they keep and start Okongwu.  Clingan is never going to be able to defend on the perimeter.  

29 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Trae

?

JJ

OO

Sarr

That’s our future or at least what I’d like going forward.

This lineup Needs a legit shooter with SIZE at the 2 that can defend POA..

No more small players/bad defenders on the floor Trae..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, JTB said:

Why does everyone do this ??

I said in the beginning of the off season that some of the hawks current starters need to go to the bench. They includes Hunter and Capela.

we don’t have to get rid of our veteran help just because we are bringing in their future replacements. As a matter of fact we should hold on to them and stop being cheap. That’s part of the problem. Hunter and Risacher can split minutes until Risacher fully takes Hunters spot. Clingan will take Capela minutes immediately and we can just bring CC off the bench until we trade him for good value. 

just getting rid of talent to get rid of it need to STOP.

100% agreed on this and when i see people taking hunter and Capela and throwing them away just to get under the tax or making us pay to get rid of them in trades.  It really irritates me and i pass on the trade right away because if we are serious about contending then we need to be as deep as possible.   Hunter showed me what he can do off the bench and that was dominate those lesser talent guys on other teams.  He might not be our starting SF but he sure as heck was making a great case for a very good 2 way 6th man of the year while coming off the bench.  To me that is a very very valuable piece to have on any team even more so incase of injury. 

A 2nd unit of

PG - Vet 2 way guy like Delon Wright
SG - Bogi
SF - Hunter
PF - Mo Gueye
C - Clint Capela

I can for sure get behind and be proud of knowing they can hold it down and whomp most other teams 2nd units. 

Sadly i don't see Ressler's cheap sorry self ever spending to keep a team that deep and make us legit contenders.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Gonna be honest this was one of the most disappointing things from the last offseason for me.  I was riding super high on King Kongwu  as the future Center and to take a massive step.  He was heading the right way and i was sure he was gonna do it then he just looked like he didn't care anymore or just didn't understand the offense at all.  I really hope he rebounds and we take sarr to pair with him i think those 2 if they both hit would be AWESOME as a pairing and work really well off each others strengths.

48 minutes ago, Threezus said:

100% agreed on this and when i see people taking hunter and Capela and throwing them away just to get under the tax or making us pay to get rid of them in trades.  It really irritates me and i pass on the trade right away because if we are serious about contending then we need to be as deep as possible.   Hunter showed me what he can do off the bench and that was dominate those lesser talent guys on other teams.  He might not be our starting SF but he sure as heck was making a great case for a very good 2 way 6th man of the year while coming off the bench.  To me that is a very very valuable piece to have on any team even more so incase of injury. 

A 2nd unit of

PG - Vet 2 way guy like Delon Wright
SG - Bogi
SF - Hunter
PF - Mo Gueye
C - Clint Capela

I can for sure get behind and be proud of knowing they can hold it down and whomp most other teams 2nd units. 

Sadly i don't see Ressler's cheap sorry self ever spending to keep a team that deep and make us legit contenders.

Who's throwing Hunter /Capela away? These imaginary people are "I think" intimating that as far as pieces of the big picture they don't fit anymore.  CC has diminished skills and Hunter...who's waiting for  him still? I'd trade them for an asset and some Henny.  Not just to get under the tax. They need to be gone so that the Sarr/OO era can begin in Ernest!😂😂

But if they draft Edey/Clingan, I imagine Supes dancing like this :

IMG_4718.gif

Edited by deester11

5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That’s our problem! Throwing in mobile centers to do traditional centers work. Then being mad cause they getting bullied left and right. To steal your line “make it make sense” 😂 

OO is like Sarr, capable of playing the 5 vs certain opponents. It was fools gold to think OO was going to be able to handle the physicality of 5s throughout the season.

OO is a 4 with ability to play backup 4 and 5.

that’s why we saw under throw OO and Capela on the court at the same time vs certain opponents. 

The best thing about OO at the 5 is that he has proven that he tries to play aggressive but hell when you are consistently overpowered it doesn’t matter if you’re in great defensive positioning 90% of the time. We experienced the same with Horford.