• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

29 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

We would rather trade Okongwu or Capela over the top pick?  Are you sure?  He must have some serious Zaxby’s sources.

Murray | Hunter | + for Jones | Ingram

…or Murray for Jones | filler

DO IT, New Orleans.  This is the way…

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

We would rather trade Okongwu or Capela over the top pick?  Are you sure?  He must have some serious Zaxby’s sources.

Murray | Hunter | + for Jones | Ingram

…or Murray for Jones | filler

DO IT, New Orleans.  This is the way…

Yeah, I don't think the Hawks are trading the first pick in this scenario.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, AHF said:

I don’t have anywhere near the same confidence in Vit as I did Jalen.  Not even remotely close.  There is a reason he was on a 2-way deal at age 23.  30 teams didn’t see it worth it to then to even make him their 13th guy last year.  Doesn’t mean he can’t take a big leap but the odds are so much worse than a highly touted prospect who flourished when given steady minutes.

I think Vit’s skillset (and contract) is more suitable to build with vs  Hunter. He is not nearly as talented as Hunter nor has the potential of JJ, but he plays complimentary basketball on a team that’s trying to find pieces that fit. I don’t think of Vit as a potential starter the way we did JJ but he could be a high end role player.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I think Vit’s skillset (and contract) is more suitable to build with vs  Hunter. He is not nearly as talented as Hunter nor has the potential of JJ, but he plays complimentary basketball on a team that’s trying to find pieces that fit. I don’t think of Vit as a potential starter the way we did JJ but he could be a high end role player.

Hasn't been talked about enough imo.  Vit was really good in the role he played and should be brought back.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, kg01 said:

"This is yearn-alism 101.  How else am I supposed to keep getting the big bucks from BSPN and the like?" - Woj, Shams, Haynes, etc. 

Eta. The real problem with stuff like this is that, as we make fun of it, we've fed into it unwittingly.  They got our eyes and our clicks (in some cases), which is all they need to survive and thrive.  Only way to kill off this nonsense is for us to stop feeding it.

#1 pick is being shopped, Lakers interested. (Do not click this headline)  

I think for us the other problem is guys react to these rumors as truth.  The other day it was headline about the Jazz value Keyonte George over Murray, sure they do.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Hawks want their good players. Pels want our good players. Hawks don't want their mediocre players. Pels don't want our mediocre players. That's why it's tough to complete trades. Everyone wants to win their trade, and rightfully so. 

Bleach droppin the factoids.

On a semi-related note, I'm honestly shocked a Trae-for-Zion deal hasn't been discussed.

As I've said before, that would be horrible for the Hawks but I could see the Resslers salivating over that.

• Premium Member

No way in hell I'm giving away Herb Jones for Murray if I'm the Pels. 

And the Hawks aren't going to take back trash and a couple of mid-late firsts either. 

If they find a middle ground, it will likely be something like Dyson Daniels + Ingram for DJ + Hunter and then negotiate the draft capital.

• Like 3

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

No way in hell I'm giving away Herb Jones for Murray if I'm the Pels. 

And the Hawks aren't going to take back trash and a couple of mid-late firsts either. 

If they find a middle ground, it will likely be something like Dyson Daniels + Ingram for DJ + Hunter and then negotiate the draft capital.

I think they are pretty desperate to get rid of Ingram so we should get great value for taking him.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
Just now, macdaddy said:

I think they are pretty desperate to get rid of Ingram so we should get great value for taking him.  

Toronto was desperate to get rid of Siakam and they got 3 firsts.  Siakam is a better player but I would not assume we would get great value.  Other teams will be interested