• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

23 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Toronto was desperate to get rid of Siakam and they got 3 firsts.  Siakam is a better player but I would not assume we would get great value.  Other teams will be interested

Totally different situations between NOP and TOR tho.

NOP is tryna make next steps in their competitive window with Zion whereas TOR was just tryna recoup value on a distressed asset.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Hawks want their good players. Pels want our good players. Hawks don't want their mediocre players. Pels don't want our mediocre players. That's why it's tough to complete trades. Everyone wants to win their trade, and rightfully so. 

Is this how the math 🧮 works in your head too? Just curious cuz you got me in math about 6 years ago and nobody had done that. 

Let me try it.

The Hawks want to be good. The league wants the Hawks to be bad. We should add high level prospects. We shouldn’t add low life dead beats. Adam Silver needs a quick swift kick 🦵 in the balls. :jesus:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’d rather die than click these days 😂 I swear I won’t click 💩 

Yeah, I talk a big game, but I be clickin' too.

👀

I'm getting better but it's a process.... 

• Haha 2

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Yeah, I hope that we can get him for cheap if we go that route.  I'd rather not have Ingram on the roster but I would prefer him over Hunter.

Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if Hawks have already moved on to a different plan anyway and we're talking about old news.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Admin

I would pivot to Tre Murphy III ... he is a good defender in his own right and I think he would be a 20 point scorer next to our Trae.   I see him as a candidate for a Joe Johnson type breakout when he came to play for us.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I would pivot to Tre Murphy III ... he is a good defender in his own right and I think he would be a 20 point scorer next to our Trae.   I see him as a candidate for a Joe Johnson type breakout when he came to play for us.

Murphy's emergence is why they want and need to jettison Ingram.  He's their replacement.  

I agreed with your sentiment earlier in the season.  He came up kinda small in the playoffs tho, iirc. FWIW 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators
Just now, kg01 said:

Murphy's emergence is why they want and need to jettison Ingram.  He's their replacement.  

I agreed with your sentiment earlier in the season.  He came up kinda small in the playoffs tho, iirc. FWIW 

maybe we get a three way trade with the bulls going where nola ends up with DJ/Zach, bulls get Ingram/CJ and Hawks get Caruso and Herb or maybe Dyson.  Some picks going around somehow.   

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Agreed - Herb is probably off limits for them. 

But Ingram at $50M per year is not good value (there's a reason they want him gone), and Dyson Daniels couldn't even see the court against the Thunder. Everyone wants to talk about his defense, but he played 18 total minutes in a playoff series against SGA. And a lot of those 18 minutes were in garbage time.

Hawks should look elsewhere to move DJM if Herb isn't included.

Agreed, Daniels isn't an asset.  He can't shoot at all.  He's basically Mathise Thybulle or Andre Roberson, and he's not even as good a defender as they were.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

But Ingram at $50M per year is not good value (there's a reason they want him gone), and Dyson Daniels couldn't even see the court against the Thunder. Everyone wants to talk about his defense, but he played 18 total minutes in a playoff series against SGA. And a lot of those 18 minutes were in garbage time.

Correct — Herb or pass.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if Hawks have already moved on to a different plan anyway and we're talking about old news.  

Yeah, that's probably what we're doing all the time now that you mention it 😂

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Thankfully we may finally see some trades and action later this month.. From the end of season until now has been brutal except for the elation of the #1 pick.

I mean, the #1 pick is the headline here, amazing offseason so far.  The shitty rumors never go away

• Like 3

In my opinion,

DJM >Herb Jones

DJM>Trey Murphy although I understand they don’t want to trade him

I could see DJM for Herb Jones, salary filler as Dyson Daniels and a first, 21st pick that’s it

#1 is out of the discussion

if they want to unload Ingram, fine but they need to take Capela and Hunter salaries and of course do the Herb Jones deal, in that case

Young/Daniels/Bufkin

Ingram/Bogi

Jones/Gueye

JJ/Sarr

OO/Edey or Ware

We would need to add another wing like Vit, Matthews or other and a Big body

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ShooterSays said:

Everyone should take heed to what .... shootersays. 😉

• Like 1

image.thumb.png.9d5b1c3467875c413709489c1e4794da.png

Just throwing this out there for discussion. I know LaVine didn't have a great year, but a lot of that had to do with his foot injury. He's still only 29. I know his defense isn't great, but if we can add Herb Jones and Sarr/Clingan, our defense vastly improves. When we had elite 4/5 defense in our playoff run with JC/Cap, we did alright even with a Trae/Bogi/Huerter backcourt. 

PG: Trae / Kobe / Daniels
SG: LaVine / Bogi / Mathews
SF: Jones / Vit / Griffin
PF: JJ / Mo G / Bey
C : Cap / Sarr / Bruno

Edited by ShooterSays