• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

7 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

That’s fair. I’d probably agree with that. 

We get to audition Ingram in a contract year.  Sign-and-trade potential next offseason… also, weakening the pick we give the Spurs. I have no interest resigning him.  

Ingram | Herb | JJ intrigues me greatly as they are all athletic and long while possessing different, yet overlapping skills.

Can you imagine a lineup of Bufkin | Ingram | Herb | JJ | Sarr defensively?  

Edited by Hawkish
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I will never understand why some think that Ingram is good.  

I can give you my reasoning.  When he had decent point guard play with Lonzo Ball he was a much better shooter.  Trae Young's playmaking is much better than Lonzo's so some think he will shoot more spot up threes and improve his efficiency while defending a bit better than Murray on two's and threes. 

Not saying this will happen but explaining the unfathomable to you. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I can give you my reasoning.  When he had decent point guard play with Lonzo Ball he was a much better shooter.  Trae Young's playmaking is much better than Lonzo's so some think he will shoot more spot up threes and improve his efficiency while defending a bit better than Murray on two's and threes. 

That’s the idea.  If KB is referring to me, I just prefer Ingram to Lavine.  Not suggesting we make a move directly for him…

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Can’t find the original post of his tweet but griffin presser has sources and is well connected. His source just isn’t with the hawks 

yes they prefer herb. Yes they are discussing deals that could land them both herb and Ingram. No the number 1 pick isn’t on the table. If Landry pulls this off though he will have commit an ultimate heist. Herb is the best player (especially at the cost) in the deal and if hawks land him by only giving up djm, hunter, and a big we will be very good next season

Yeah I would love that deal but remember Griff isn't a pushover.

41 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Yeah I would love that deal but remember Griff isn't a pushover.

Djm herb deal been talked about for months. Hawks declined at the deadline when they wanted Onyeka. The question is what of the additional pieces is Ingram price. Onyeka and hunter + kings pick? Something like that probably gets it done 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Djm herb deal been talked about for months. Hawks declined at the deadline when they wanted Onyeka. The question is what of the additional pieces is Ingram price. Onyeka and hunter + kings pick? Something like that probably gets it done 

Would you add OO?  He’s on a relatively good deal and brings some of the team intangibles.   OO + Kings pick is starting to push it for me.  Having said that, watching Ingram, Herb, JJ, and Sarr run the floor with Trae would be scary if I were the opposing team.  Ingram would have a strong season going back to being the recipient rather than the creator.

Edited by Hawkish
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

Would you add OO?  He’s on a relatively good deal and brings some of the team intangibles.   OO + Kings pick is starting to push it for me.  Having said that, watching Ingram, Herb, JJ, and Sarr run the floor with Trae would be scary if I were the opposing team.  Ingram would have a strong season going back to being the recipient rather than the creator.

We will have the same offensive issues with Ingram that we have had with Murray.  

I went back and watched quite a few Onyeka videos over the last 2 years and man does he provide a ton of what i like as a player.  His struggles from a bit of this year had almost made me forget how awesome he was with potential the prior year.   One trait he has that i forgot about and is pretty hard to do and get away with is a illegal screen.   He has almost mastered the art of a moving screen where he hooks them and sldies with them.  He almost never gets called on it but him, draymond, and quite a few other top tier defender guys do it to a extreme and if you can do it and get away with it.  Thats a huge skill and asset to have over other people i also forgot just how strong he is on defense.  Im talking guys way bigger than him at times just getting stonewalled bumping against him.  This is something him and Bam have in common big time and is why he can still be a legit center as long as you put a good 3 and 4 around him that can above avg rebound.   Jalen Johnson is a elite rebounder and Saar isn't to bad at it either.  If you can get me  8 to 10 rebounds each from those 3 guys on a nightly basis with 1 or 2 of them going 12 to 15+ at times in games i think we will be fine on the boards.

I really don't want to move King Kongwu in a trade the more and more i watch him i would really like to see him get a full season as starter before we move him to see if he can become what his potential has shown. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Mikey said:

If we land Herb. I'll kiss you full on the mouth at the next Outsiders meet up.

1 minute ago, Threezus said:

I went back and watched quite a few Onyeka videos over the last 2 years and man does he provide a ton of what i like as a player.  His struggles from a bit of this year had almost made me forget how awesome he was with potential the prior year.   One trait he has that i forgot about and is pretty hard to do and get away with is a illegal screen.   He has almost mastered the art of a moving screen where he hooks them and sldies with them.  He almost never gets called on it but him, draymond, and quite a few other top tier defender guys do it to a extreme and if you can do it and get away with it.  Thats a huge skill and asset to have over other people i also forgot just how strong he is on defense.  Im talking guys way bigger than him at times just getting stonewalled bumping against him.  This is something him and Bam have in common big time and is why he can still be a legit center as long as you put a good 3 and 4 around him that can above avg rebound.   Jalen Johnson is a elite rebounder and Saar isn't to bad at it either.  If you can get me  8 to 10 rebounds each from those 3 guys on a nightly basis with 1 or 2 of them going 12 to 15+ at times in games i think we will be fine on the boards.

I really don't want to move King Kongwu in a trade the more and more i watch him i would really like to see him get a full season as starter before we move him to see if he can become what his potential has shown. 

Eh, I think it's been decided that nickname isn't a direction we wanna go in.  Jussayin.  It's the first nickname that came to mind for me too, but I get that some don't like it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

If we land Herb. I'll kiss you full on the mouth at the next Outsiders meet up.

Eh, I think it's been decided that nickname isn't a direction we wanna go in.  Jussayin.  It's the first nickname that came to mind for me too, but I get that some don't like it. 

Thats their business what they call him i don't like reusing the same ole  double o or big o been to played out and belongs to other players imo.   I like it so i'll stick with it 😄  I even sent him a direct message on twitter about it after i 1st posted it on here a long time ago asking if he ok with it lol XD

Edited by Threezus

3 hours ago, marco102 said:

I really do not think Ingram can guard 2s.  To me, a Trae Ingram backcourt would be trash defensively and forces Trae to guard the point guard even if he is the tougher of the matchups.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Herb

Dude reminds me of an 80’s rugged throwback. I’m not necessarily thinking of a comparison but a no nonsense grinder. Like him a lot. He would essentially take the torch passed on by Millsap to nobody as the “lunch pail 🪣 “ guy. He’s a bad dude.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Threezus said:

Don’t worry ain’t nobody trading OO.

I think Trae/JJ/OO are safe. The rest could be traded. 

2 hours ago, KB21 said:

We will have the same offensive issues with Ingram that we have had with Murray.  

Then let him walk next season.. Herb is the prize anyway.... 😀