• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

3 hours ago, Hawkish said:

Would you add OO?  He’s on a relatively good deal and brings some of the team intangibles.   OO + Kings pick is starting to push it for me.  Having said that, watching Ingram, Herb, JJ, and Sarr run the floor with Trae would be scary if I were the opposing team.  Ingram would have a strong season going back to being the recipient rather than the creator.

I’d prefer to add Clint but they will 100% ask for Onyeka again. I don’t know what the gap is but herb on this team with a big (clingan in play) is a good plan 

• Like 1

• Moderators
49 minutes ago, terrell said:

Then let him walk next season.. Herb is the prize anyway.... 😀

The deal needs to reflect that if you do it.

• Like 1

image.png.8bb422a9744f2dc6d75923ae7c31833d.png

That seems to jibe pretty well with one of the initial insider reports from @Sothron during the DJ rumors last year, IIRC.  I believe he said DJ for Herb, Murphy and 2 1sts was being discussed.  I remember it well because I think it was about the only trade rumor that I was actually excited about, lol.

But maaaaaaaan, there's a huge chasm in valuation if this was actually being countered by the Pels:

image.png.1cd38fe81043ff59620e43aa836fecd6.png

I also see that @GriffinPresser has deleted his Twitter account, so all of that may have been complete BS....  OR, perhaps he knew too much and was the victim of a whack job* 🤔

* - Preemptively rolling my eyes at @Spud2nique

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, terrell said:

Then let him walk next season.. Herb is the prize anyway.... 😀

yeah! You do that deal if you can get Herb!

ingram is not terrible on defense like folks here think he is. He’s a plus actually compared to Murray (on this team)…if we can get a lineup around Trae that includes Ingram, Herb, Jalen, and Sarr or Clingan!…mannnnnnn!

Herb guards 1-5

Sarr guards 1-5 or Clingan guards 5

Ingram 2-4 (depends on the 2 opponent)

Jalen 2 - 4 (depends on the 2 opponent)

Herb will be the POA defender every game. And remember we are still working on Bufkin to be a POA defender off the bench.

You got Bogi and Bey off the bench along with Capela off the bench. I’m sure we have to give up OO to make this deal work.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Phunkabilly said:

That seems to jibe pretty well with one of the initial insider reports from @Sothron during the DJ rumors last year, IIRC.  I believe he said DJ for Herb, Murphy and 2 1sts was being discussed.  I remember it well because I think it was about the only trade rumor that I was actually excited about, lol.

But maaaaaaaan, there's a huge chasm in valuation if this was actually being countered by the Pels:

I also see that @GriffinPresser has deleted his Twitter account, so all of that may have been complete BS....  OR, perhaps he knew too much and was the victim of a whack job* 🤔

Herb, Murphy, and 2 1sts?  New Orleans fans would have been rioting.

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

Djm herb deal been talked about for months. Hawks declined at the deadline when they wanted Onyeka. The question is what of the additional pieces is Ingram price. Onyeka and hunter + kings pick? Something like that probably gets it done 

If this is the framework of the trade or something similar we should have done this deal the night we won the lottery!

Easy trade for the hawks in my opinion. I like OO too but he’s not on Herbs defensive level! Not even close. We give them an all star point in DJ who’s signed on a great contract long term. Pelicans move Alvarado probably to the bench as a point of attack defender , insert Murphy as starting SF, Zion at PF, Center JV unless they draft a center at #21. 

maybe Griff would want AJ Griffin in the deal so he can play SG. 

image.thumb.png.6f05db528b28d3f4560ab46c215ce9ae.png

6 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

Yikes — Are we trying to help NO win? 

That pick should have zero protection.  Oh… wait. Only Atlanta ignores placing protection on their picks.

Yeah, not a fan of that either

2 hours ago, Phunkabilly said:

image.gif.5da2ae53d0a6bf38696764ecd6592875.gif

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

The latest DJM trade being discusssed:

Murray/Capela

for 

Ingram

Larry Nancy Jr

2027 first (top 8 protected)

Hope we don’t do this. I honestly don’t think Ingram moves the bar any further than DJ. I like Nance but shouldn’t Capela have more value. Dude has been a top rebounder for over half a decade now. 

Nance would pair well with a guard like Trae though as he bangs the O glass with conviction. He moves a bit too and is obviously one of the better lob options around.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

The latest DJM trade being discusssed:

Murray/Capela

for 

Ingram

Larry Nancy Jr

2027 first (top 8 protected)

What about the Pistons or the Grizz? I wanna fck with them a bit.

Maybe grab #5 or Marcus Smart with DJ/Cap.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sothron said:

I had heard of Hunter/Capela/Murray for Ingram/Larry Nance Jr/Herb Jones being discussed as well. No firsts would be traded by either team.

Also, under this scenario, Ingram is a 2 guard, Herb Jones is the starting 3 and we take Sarr to play center. Starting 5 would look like this:

Trae

Ingram

Herb

Jalen

Sarr

This is what some of the FO are calling the "best case scenario". Talks between the Hawks and Pels have picked up in the last week. I really expect Murray to be headed there at this point.

Hunter, Capela, and Murray are the three starters I feel should be replaced.  

• Like 1

It's always fun(ny) reading opposing fan boards.

Pelican'ts fans seem unimpressed by a Murray/Capela/#1 for Imgram/Jones deal.

Think they're giving up too much.

Also saying the Hawks were the source of that twotter guy's stuff which, as has been pointed out, has been deleted.

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/new-orleans-pelicans/the-official-trade-proposal-thread/113312742/page-52/

5 hours ago, Sothron said:

I had heard of Hunter/Capela/Murray for Ingram/Larry Nance Jr/Herb Jones being discussed as well. No firsts would be traded by either team.

Also, under this scenario, Ingram is a 2 guard, Herb Jones is the starting 3 and we take Sarr to play center. Starting 5 would look like this:

Trae

Ingram

Herb

Jalen

Sarr

This is what some of the FO are calling the "best case scenario". Talks between the Hawks and Pels have picked up in the last week. I really expect Murray to be headed there at this point.

Some leadership lost but do it…

5 hours ago, Sothron said:

Trae

Ingram

Herb

Jalen

Sarr

This would absolutely be a best case scenario for the Hawks but I thought NOP has said Herb was off limits?  Has there been a change or is this just wishful thinking by the Hawks FO?  

• Like 1